Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri December 15th, 2017, 19:58 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat October 2nd, 2010, 18:13 GMT 

Ever since the new bootleg collection was announced I have been hounding the amazon.co.uk website for the vinyl boxset, but it was on there originally at about a gagillion bucks (and by a gagillion bucks I mean around £163) and I knew this was crazy, and perhaps was an early import exhange rate balls up from the states, or something, so have been waiting patiently since then until something more realistic came out.

I checked it on Thursday night and it was still at a gagillion bucks, so scared myself in the dark and then went to bed, once again deflated about the whole gagillon bucks thing. The following afternoon (yesterday) I checked the website again because I'm an impulsive crazy Dylan nut type person, and IT WAS £59.99 ON PRE-ORDER... I thought I must be dreamin', but with my hand shaking in disbelief and desperation I quickly ordered it anyway. I was stoked and didn't know what to do with myself, and it was only a few hours later that I went back on the amazon website just to check on it again, I don't why because I had already ordered it, but it felt so surreal that I needed to have another look... it was now on at £99.99 pre-order. POO STICKS, I MUST HAVE BEEN DREAMIN'!! I checked my confirmation email though and it said £59.99, so I was re-stoked.

All in all not exactly Great Expectations, but I wanted to share it and wondered if any other Dylan Vinyl Nuts were able to order this boxset within this crazy window of opportunity, where it went to as low as £59.99, and the other reason I posted this was to rub other peoples noses in it that may have missed out, and will hopefully now be kicking themselves.

Now I’m not saying all this would make for a reverting episode of The Twilight Zone, but it was an out of body experience for somebody like me that is used to forking out hundreds of pounds on vinyl, and then not being able to pay my rent.

Anyway, I'm off to spend that £40 I saved from this bootleg on more Dylan on vinyl, because a Dylan Vinyl Nut like me doesn't think, ''oh I saved forty quid on that, I'll use that towards a new boiler'', no, he finds new ways to justify spending even more on Dylan.

Did good fortune shine on anybody else?

PostPosted: Fri October 8th, 2010, 16:27 GMT 

fromcoincidence wrote:
Ever since the new bootleg collection was announced I have been hounding the amazon.co.uk website for the vinyl boxset, but it was on there originally at about a gagillion bucks (and by a gagillion bucks I mean around £163) and I knew this was crazy, and perhaps was an early import exhange rate balls up from the states, or something, so have been waiting patiently since then until something more realistic came out.

I checked it on Thursday night and it was still at a gagillion bucks, so scared myself in the dark and then went to bed, once again deflated about the whole gagillon bucks thing. The following afternoon (yesterday) I checked the website again because I'm an impulsive crazy Dylan nut type person, and IT WAS £59.99 ON PRE-ORDER... I thought I must be dreamin', but with my hand shaking in disbelief and desperation I quickly ordered it anyway. I was stoked and didn't know what to do with myself, and it was only a few hours later that I went back on the amazon website just to check on it again, I don't why because I had already ordered it, but it felt so surreal that I needed to have another look... it was now on at £99.99 pre-order. POO STICKS, I MUST HAVE BEEN DREAMIN'!! I checked my confirmation email though and it said £59.99, so I was re-stoked.

All in all not exactly Great Expectations, but I wanted to share it and wondered if any other Dylan Vinyl Nuts were able to order this boxset within this crazy window of opportunity, where it went to as low as £59.99, and the other reason I posted this was to rub other peoples noses in it that may have missed out, and will hopefully now be kicking themselves.

Now I’m not saying all this would make for a reverting episode of The Twilight Zone, but it was an out of body experience for somebody like me that is used to forking out hundreds of pounds on vinyl, and then not being able to pay my rent.

Anyway, I'm off to spend that £40 I saved from this bootleg on more Dylan on vinyl, because a Dylan Vinyl Nut like me doesn't think, ''oh I saved forty quid on that, I'll use that towards a new boiler'', no, he finds new ways to justify spending even more on Dylan.

Did good fortune shine on anybody else?

Yes I saw that short period, blink and you missed it. The price is only what it should though and could certainly be £10 less. Of course, in a year or so it WILL be less but I wouldn't ever have paid £99.99 for all the farms in Cuba - and I have everything from Dylan's catalogue on Vinyl - excepting where it wasn't released. [The Boxed Set 'Dylan' for example.]
But many WILL pay. Dammit I was offered £150 for my copy of 'Dylan - A Fool Such As I' only two days ago!

PostPosted: Fri October 8th, 2010, 16:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

talking of cheap vinyl, here TTS at £26 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tell-Tale-Signs ... 680&sr=8-1

PostPosted: Fri October 8th, 2010, 22:39 GMT 
Mercury Member

There's been a breach in the matrix.

PostPosted: Sat October 9th, 2010, 11:31 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
talking of cheap vinyl, here TTS at £26 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tell-Tale-Signs ... 680&sr=8-1

Yes I've seen that. All the other Bootleg Series are only available at £80 - £125 from third party sellers and around the same from HMV including TTS. I'm almost tempted to buy TTS and keep it for a couple of years to resell. But I won't. Amazon copied HMV when they reduced BS( to £59.99. HMV had had it for that price from the beginning the, finally when Amazon had offered it briefly for £59.00 and then returned to £99.99 HMV followed suit. I wonder, almost, if thse guys havd an agreement in th end.

BTW there is an excellent review of The Mono Box and The BS9 at
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20018581-47.html

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 17:51 GMT 

Gosh Eullipious, thought I was the only one for a minute there. I'm glad you got lucky too, although part of me feels a little less special as a result.

Anyway, great stuff, I think this makes us electronic spiritual brothers now... perhaps this is our moment to colaborate on a Slow Train Comin' gospel style album, to spread the word of the uplifting and unexpected vinyl glitch in the matrix type experience.

I also saw ''Tell Tale Signs'' at £26 (I originally got mine on ebay for £55.95), and although that is cheap for vinyl, it does make me realise how crazy I have become with my expensive vinyl spending sprees that this amount actually sounds reasonable.

IT'S MORE THAN TWICE THE AMOUNT OF THE CDS!!!!!!!!!!!! (although cds are plasticy and c*ap of course)

VINYL IS KING

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 18:19 GMT 

Oh, and two weeks on still at £99.99 with amazon, and a gagillon bucks elsewhere!!

MANIACAL SMIRK AND A PLETHORA OF GIGGLES :lol: