Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun April 20th, 2014, 21:09 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat February 15th, 2014, 21:51 GMT 

Just released this past week and on it's way along with Desire!

All of the 45 RPM Mobile Fidelity releases have been outstanding and I'm really looking forward to receiving these next week. It'll be interesting to compare The Times to the Mono Box. My original Desire is still in pretty good shape, but it IS 38 years old and an upgrade is in order, right?

I'd have to say that I was somewhat underwhelmed by the Mobile Fidelity Blood on the Tracks. Great clarity and wide soundstage, but emphasis seems to be on the instruments and as a result the vocals sound somewhat buried and don't hold my attention. Maybe I expected too much, or maybe I don't know what I expected, but I'd put that one at the bottom of the my list in terms of enjoyment from the Bob Dylan Mobile Fidelity vinyl reissue series to date.

PostPosted: Sat February 15th, 2014, 22:11 GMT 

Dobro910 wrote:
the Mobile Fidelity Blood on the Tracks. Great clarity and wide soundstage, but emphasis seems to be on the instruments and as a result the vocals sound somewhat buried and don't hold my attention.

Just your perception and / or your kit, as Mobile Fidelity didn't remix BOTT, and don't go in for the more radical EQ that they used to like to employ.

PostPosted: Sun February 16th, 2014, 06:01 GMT 

Dobro910 wrote:

I'd have to say that I was somewhat underwhelmed by the Mobile Fidelity Blood on the Tracks. Great clarity and wide soundstage, but emphasis seems to be on the instruments and as a result the vocals sound somewhat buried and don't hold my attention. Maybe I expected too much, or maybe I don't know what I expected, but I'd put that one at the bottom of the my list in terms of enjoyment from the Bob Dylan Mobile Fidelity vinyl reissue series to date.

I completely agree with you about Mobile Fidelity's Blood on the Tracks. I have a vinyl reissue from 2007 that has so much more life.

PostPosted: Sun March 9th, 2014, 06:44 GMT 

Dobro910 wrote:
Just released this past week and on it's way along with Desire!

All of the 45 RPM Mobile Fidelity releases have been outstanding and I'm really looking forward to receiving these next week. It'll be interesting to compare The Times to the Mono Box. My original Desire is still in pretty good shape, but it IS 38 years old and an upgrade is in order, right?

Dobro910,

What is your opinion on the sound quality of Mobile Fidelity's The Times They Are A-Changin'?