Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu April 24th, 2014, 20:18 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat April 12th, 2014, 00:20 GMT 

Talk about when you see Dylan in things that have absolutely nothing to do with Dylan , and you're even excited about it . I know this happens to you too .

I'll start . I was listening to Tom Waits' lucky day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjhKE3Vgbs4 and about two minutes in there's this cool point where he tells us how his father told him "many things " . I literally jumped out of my chair certain that it was a nod to this speech https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeBzvge ... e=youtu.be

I was listening to Tom Waits' who are you and for a second there i was convinced that it was written for Dylan . Because , you know , there's ophelia there . And a bible . And a sailor's mouth , which is not the same as a cowboy mouth but apparently it seemed close enough at the time .

This happens more often than it should , random things , quotes and people remind me of Dylan . But one is not mad if he's in a company of people with the same obsession , right ? :wink:

PostPosted: Sat April 12th, 2014, 00:28 GMT 

Excellent thread Tragos....
I was walking around my living room and caught a pile of books in my peripheral. I thought I saw a title that said 'what does Bobby say' but then realized it was 'what does baby say'. This sort of thing rarely happens when Bob is not on tour.

PostPosted: Sat April 12th, 2014, 00:33 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

Tragos114, my friend... I know exactly what you mean... I hear Dylan related things every day... a word here, a line there... a piece of dialogue in a film, a headline in a newspaper... everyday, I hear or read something that makes me think of a Dylan song, or a line from a song.

It just proves what a fabulous body of work the great man has blessed us with.

Hope you are well, Tragos... and that life is treating you good.

PostPosted: Sat April 12th, 2014, 07:50 GMT 

Thickboy, I could not agree more, I have exactly the same experiences.

PostPosted: Sun April 13th, 2014, 14:53 GMT 

I am well master Thickboy , and i hope that you are well also . I was secretly hoping for your response when i made this thread :)

PostPosted: Sun April 13th, 2014, 15:16 GMT 

I think waking up with the song "they killed him" in your head is a qualifiable experience for this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtmYxoB_gEg&feature=kp

PostPosted: Sun April 13th, 2014, 15:44 GMT 

^i get that too sometimes , especially those kids !

Dates and cities remind of Dylan . One of my friends told me she was going to sheffeild and the first thing that i thought was " sheffield 1966 , acoustic set , amazing ! " .
I even do it on purpose when i have to memorize dates . If something happened in (18)69 i think " well , yeah , that was in the NS country period" . Apparently there's a Dylan album or event that i can think of for nearly every year .
I'm not even kidding :lol:

PostPosted: Thu April 24th, 2014, 13:38 GMT 

from a cognitive mapping standpoint, that is a great way to learn new information.
from an environmental behavioralist standpoint, you may want to ask that you take your exams at the next Dylan show,
or at least playing Dylan in the background. I'm sure they would see the reason in that!