Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri August 22nd, 2014, 05:55 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon August 5th, 2013, 14:15 GMT 

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum (tho hardly new to Bob! Been a fan for 30 of my 36 years!) and I have a question. Does anyone have a copy of this?

http://explore.bfi.org.uk/4ce2b6f708193

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929514/

It's one of my dad's Bob Holy Grails! He saw it on at the time, it's never been rebroadcast and it's never come out to buy, on any format. This is THE place for Dylanologists, so one of you must have it, or know someone who does. I want to get it for him as a special birthday gift. He'd be blown away. Someone must have it! PM me any time if you have a lead. It'll take a bit of Sherlock Holmes-ing but I have faith!

Liz x

PostPosted: Mon August 5th, 2013, 19:03 GMT 

If anyone knows, then JTT, Jack, will know. He's been the source for a lot of things which aired on British TV. R&C etc. I guess it depends if he had his VCR in 1981. Were they even available then?

I used to trade vcr tapes, years ago, but I don't remember seeing this. It may be around though as I most certainly wasn't a collector of everything.

DVDylan.com may be a good place to ask. There are many there who have everything that circulates.

Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Mon August 5th, 2013, 20:03 GMT 

I saw it at the Cambidge Bob Dylan birthday bash quite recently. Pretty good it was too - the event and the book. Drank with the much missed Bennyboy.

PostPosted: Mon August 5th, 2013, 20:12 GMT 

Benny was in Cambridge? Is he a regular at those events? Please pass on my best to him.

As to the OP. I tracked it down some years back. Alas I recently binned all my carefully filed VHS tapes or I could have put my hands on it right now.

Presuming I wasn't so stupid as to forget to xfer it onto DVD, it will be somewhere in boxes of unsorted disks.

I won't have time to look for a couple of weeks but if you still don't have it by then, drop me a pm and I'll hunt it out.

I'd warn your dad though that, intriguing though it still is, it's very dated and I have to confess that I was a bit disappointed when I re-watched it. My memories were of something far better. I loved - still love - when the girlfriend says "I wonder if they were shoestring that were red, white and blue or if they were red shoestrings, blue shoestrings and white ones?..." And then says "I don't suppose it matters and drops off to sleep, leaving our "hero" traumatised and awake all night.....

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 05:11 GMT 

I have it, I can upload it to Pirate Bay if you don't mind downloading it from there.

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 07:54 GMT 

Dan33185 wrote:
I have it, I can upload it to Pirate Bay if you don't mind downloading it from there.

I've got a couple of copies but quality is poor, I don't think a really decent one circulates. Also I would have to find one of the copies which could take a while.

Best place to upload is Tangled Up In Torrents, it will be appreciated there as it's a Dylan Tracker.

A lot of IPs have blocked Pirate bay and many people won't be able to access.

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 08:49 GMT 

Oh yes, forgot about TUIT...will upload it tomorrow at some point and post the link here.

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 11:15 GMT 

God, I hope someone does upload this, as I have been trying to get a copy of this, for years. It's funny how your memory plays tricks on you though. I have always thought this was made in 1978 before Bob's first visit, to London of the 1970's.

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 12:47 GMT 

motherwell wrote:
God, I hope someone does upload this, as I have been trying to get a copy of this, for years. It's funny how your memory plays tricks on you though. I have always thought this was made in 1978 before Bob's first visit, to London of the 1970's.

Well that is when it is set, I think. The interviews the Bob fan has to do with the sub-sub-Clash punks set it about a year and a half after the Pistols first "broke" - not 5 years later.

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 21:02 GMT 

How did I miss this, at the time? One more night on the tiles, I guess. Would love to see it.

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 21:15 GMT 
Mercury Member

Thanks a lot for this link Lyz and Welcome To The Evenin's Empire :D

- Jesús -

PostPosted: Tue August 6th, 2013, 21:17 GMT 
Mercury Member

I forgot, I have a avi copy of that

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 02:34 GMT 

Apparently you need to apply to become an uploader at TUIT. I just created a torrent using Public Bit Torrent, you can download it below.

https://mega.co.nz/#!VFcUnISa!AhHlBkm0_ ... drWsRtaVzo

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 07:59 GMT 

Thanks Dan.

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 14:25 GMT 

I recently got this from Hunger City.

(I was looking forward to it but found it dated and a bit laborious - but dont let my opinion stop you.)

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 18:59 GMT 

songanddanceman wrote:
If anyone knows, then JTT, Jack, will know. He's been the source for a lot of things which aired on British TV. R&C etc. I guess it depends if he had his VCR in 1981. Were they even available then?

I used to trade vcr tapes, years ago, but I don't remember seeing this. It may be around though as I most certainly wasn't a collector of everything.

DVDylan.com may be a good place to ask. There are many there who have everything that circulates.

Happy hunting.

Great tip, just did a similar post on DVDylan. JTT hasn't replied to this thread as yet, perhaps I can send him a PM. I really appreciate the help. It'd be one of my finest moments if I got this for my dad :D

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 19:01 GMT 

homerthes wrote:
Benny was in Cambridge? Is he a regular at those events? Please pass on my best to him.

As to the OP. I tracked it down some years back. Alas I recently binned all my carefully filed VHS tapes or I could have put my hands on it right now.

Presuming I wasn't so stupid as to forget to xfer it onto DVD, it will be somewhere in boxes of unsorted disks.

I won't have time to look for a couple of weeks but if you still don't have it by then, drop me a pm and I'll hunt it out.

I'd warn your dad though that, intriguing though it still is, it's very dated and I have to confess that I was a bit disappointed when I re-watched it. My memories were of something far better. I loved - still love - when the girlfriend says "I wonder if they were shoestring that were red, white and blue or if they were red shoestrings, blue shoestrings and white ones?..." And then says "I don't suppose it matters and drops off to sleep, leaving our "hero" traumatised and awake all night.....

So far, I've not had much luck so I may well be back at you in a couple of weeks. You must have transferred it; I bet your collection is amazing. My dad's more of a book guy really, he has 50+ Bob books. He does have a fair few boots on DVD and CD, mind. All sorts of stuff, he used to go the Manchester Dylan meetings and record fairs as well. I wish so much I could get him to come online and meet amazing people but alas, he just won't have it.

As for how good it is, I can't say I'm surprised that it hasn't aged well!

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 19:03 GMT 

Dan33185 wrote:

To be honest, I wouldn't know how - never used Pirate Bay. Can you upload it somewhere else, a SendSpace, Putlocker, Sockshare, anything like that? :)

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 19:07 GMT 

Dan33185 wrote:
Apparently you need to apply to become an uploader at TUIT. I just created a torrent using Public Bit Torrent, you can download it below.

I've been online since 1998 so this is an embarrassing confession - I've never used a torrent and don't know how to! I do know someone who does so I'll ask her to get it. If I can't, I may be back ;)

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 19:23 GMT 

LizTray wrote:
homerthes wrote:

So far, I've not had much luck so I may well be back at you in a couple of weeks. You must have transferred it; I bet your collection is amazing. My dad's more of a book guy really, he has 50+ Bob books. He does have a fair few boots on DVD and CD, mind. All sorts of stuff, he used to go the Manchester Dylan meetings and record fairs as well. I wish so much I could get him to come online and meet amazing people but alas, he just won't have it.

As for how good it is, I can't say I'm surprised that it hasn't aged well!

Well I know people to whom my collection is derisory so it's all a matter of perspective. (not that any of us have real perspective!)

I may know your dad from the Manchester events. I have a couple of hours gap on Sunday, I'll look for it then if you still need it but it looks like the helpful folk here will have sorted you out by then.

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 19:26 GMT 

I'm downloading now, this should be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 20:13 GMT 

Dan33185 wrote:

Good grief dan downloading it was easy enough but what sort of formats are .BUP, .VOB, .IFO, etc.?? hashtag this'll never woik

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 22:02 GMT 
Titanium Member

AndoDoug wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:

Good grief dan downloading it was easy enough but what sort of formats are .BUP, .VOB, .IFO, etc.?? hashtag this'll never woik

Cor blimey! Them's proper dvd formats. The sort you'll find on a proper (read commercial) dvd! You should be able to play the thing in something like Windows Media Player, or burn it to a dvd and play it on yer dvd machine - through yer telly! (Disclaimer: I know nowt about this really, but do recognise those extensions).

PostPosted: Wed August 7th, 2013, 23:40 GMT 

Tangled Up In Torrents:

http://tangledupintorrents.com/details.php?id=2626

JTT

PostPosted: Thu August 8th, 2013, 04:20 GMT 

AndoDoug wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:

They are all in the same folder, you should be able to use any media player (I use VLC) and drag the folder onto it and play. Also, you can burn it to DVD (I use Nero) by dragging the folder and burning. Those are normal DVD files, if you download an .avi file or .mp4 file, chances are it was extracted from the type of files I uploaded.