Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed September 20th, 2017, 16:16 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed November 13th, 2013, 16:52 GMT 

Has anyone ever seen a photo of the acoustic performance of Tears of Rage? Would be something else to see as it's the closest to solo acoustic since 1992. Really lovely performance and singing too.

PostPosted: Wed November 13th, 2013, 16:57 GMT 

I was there, it was very cool, although Elvis dominated the mic; You could hear Bob more in person than on the bootleg, but still not very loud.

There was a blurry cellphone photo at one point someone took and posted, I used it as the artwork for the bootleg in my iTunes. I'll dig it up later if no one else has it or a better one.

PostPosted: Wed November 13th, 2013, 23:20 GMT 

Here's that one I was referring to that someone posted at the time, only one I've ever seen:

I went to that show with my buddy that was seeing his first show and I was just telling him how they had opened the encore every time that tour with Thunder On The Mountain, then mid sentence it was "Dude, he's got an acoustic guitar..."
:lol:

PostPosted: Wed November 13th, 2013, 23:27 GMT 

Here is an mp3 for those who haven't heard it:

Tears Of Rage, w/ Elvis Costello - The Fox Theater, St. Louis, MO 10/22/07: http://www.mediafire.com/download/571nv ... 2d2t06.mp3

PostPosted: Thu November 14th, 2013, 01:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

sigh
what a tour

PostPosted: Thu November 14th, 2013, 20:11 GMT 

Wow! Thanks so much.

PostPosted: Thu November 14th, 2013, 21:40 GMT 

muleskinner_blues wrote:
Here is an mp3 for those who haven't heard it:

Tears Of Rage, w/ Elvis Costello - The Fox Theater, St. Louis, MO 10/22/07: http://www.mediafire.com/download/571nv ... 2d2t06.mp3

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu May 18th, 2017, 02:12 GMT 

Thank you!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 18th, 2017, 14:59 GMT 

Anyone still got that photo?!

PostPosted: Fri May 19th, 2017, 20:07 GMT 

muleskinner_blues wrote:
I was there, it was very cool, although Elvis dominated the mic; You could hear Bob more in person than on the bootleg, but still not very loud.

There was a blurry cellphone photo at one point someone took and posted, I used it as the artwork for the bootleg in my iTunes. I'll dig it up later if no one else has it or a better one.

Elvis has complained in interviews that his voice is super loud, and that this causes problems when it comes to singing with other people. I guess Bob was the victim on that night. Incidentally, EC's autobiography has an entertaining anecdote about swapping lyrics with Bob over beers (although I'm sure that's been discussed on this forum before).

PostPosted: Sat May 20th, 2017, 02:39 GMT 

muleskinner_blues wrote:
Here's that one I was referring to that someone posted at the time, only one I've ever seen:

I went to that show with my buddy that was seeing his first show and I was just telling him how they had opened the encore every time that tour with Thunder On The Mountain, then mid sentence it was "Dude, he's got an acoustic guitar..."

Link is broken, says lost.

PostPosted: Sat June 3rd, 2017, 02:33 GMT 

dylanswife wrote:
muleskinner_blues wrote:

Link is broken, says lost.

Yeah, was posted four years ago.

As mentioned, credit to whoever took it, a cell phone image I suppose, but was cool to see live and at least it's some record of it. You can hear him only a bit on the choruses of the bootleg too, Costello was the lead, but was something special to see up close, for my time seeing him at least.. 2006 on. Expecting the typical Thunder on the Mountain encore and he walks out with an acoustic guitar.

PostPosted: Sat June 3rd, 2017, 16:14 GMT 

Lone Pilgrim wrote:
Incidentally, EC's autobiography has an entertaining anecdote about swapping lyrics with Bob over beers (although I'm sure that's been discussed on this forum before).

I'm sure it has. But humour us...