Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 19:56 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Webberman Tapes
PostPosted: Sun December 19th, 2004, 23:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

the Webberman tapes...Anyone hear these?

Last edited by Milkcow on Sat April 23rd, 2005, 05:39 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Never heard 'em
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 00:14 GMT 
I never heard the tapes, only read about them. I think Dylan just wanted to get Webberman off his doorstep. Old A.J. had the tendency to show up with a few hundred people to protest Dylan's non-political profile. Bob just wanted his kids to get some sleep. Tough to do with bullhorns out on the street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 00:41 GMT 
Yep i'v heard them, didn't he get all those people out in front of bobs

house on bobs birthday?

I can understand why bob spoke to him it was just to get him to go away,

but cose the bloke was a nut case it didn't work.

Dose this bloke still follow bob?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 01:02 GMT 

I've got half of it--pretty damn funny if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 05:21 GMT 

It is funny. Too bad Dylanology.com isn't online anymore, it was a hoot. Last thing that wacko Webberman spilled was that TOOM is proof of Dylan suffering from HIV. What a sad litlle man.

Post subject: another question
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 07:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

BUT I really think that Webberman invaded his privacy

Last edited by Milkcow on Sat April 23rd, 2005, 05:40 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: another question
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 07:47 GMT 

Nichole wrote:
i don´t think that this cd (interview vol 2 ) is complete....it is only 50 minutes long

is there another version or an uncut version?

and yes...I agree to some point that they were funny

BUT I really think that Webberman invaded his privacy

I dunno..the one I got starts with a short call to Dylans secretary(?) where Weberman requests Dylan call him-that only lasts a minute or so..the next one is about two minutes in length as Dylan calls Wman back and they set up a time to drop off an "interview" for Bob to peruse before it gets printed--the Third call is is about 20 minutes long with many things discussed--Dylan expressing dismay over some of the things Wman wrote and Wman saying all kinds of wacko shit that Bob is blown away by--this segment ends with Weberman saying "hang on, Bob, while I turn the tape over"...that is all I have--wish I had the rest--if you havnt got this part and have another part lets swap so we each have the complete deal...

I remember reading somewhere that Dylan beat the crap outta Wman in the Street one day....Bob told him to back off his old lady or else. Wman didnt ,so Bob laid some "or else" on him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 10:31 GMT 
Dylan did beat the shit out of AJ.

I have a photo to prove it. It wont let me put photos from my hard drive on the board but if anyone wants to see it i'll email it to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 20th, 2004, 10:55 GMT 

A.J. Weberman going through Bob D's. garbage...

Dylan thumping on Weberman..

..."I went to MacDougal Street, and Dylan's wife comes out and starts screaming about me going through the garbage. Dylan said if I ever x with his wife, he'd beat the shit out of me. A couple of days later, I'm on Elizabeth Street and someone jumps me, starts punching me.

"I turn around and it's like -- Dylan. I'm thinking, 'Can you believe this? I'm getting the crap beat out of me by Bob Dylan!' I said, 'Hey, man, how you doin'?' But he keeps knocking my head against the sidewalk. He's little, but he's strong. He works out. I wouldn't fight back, you know, because I knew I was wrong. He gets up, rips off my 'Free Bob Dylan' button and walks away. Never says a word.....The Bowery bums were coming over, asking, 'How much he get?' Like I got rolled. . . . I guess you got to hand it to Dylan, coming over himself, not sending some x lawyer."

Post subject: Photo
PostPosted: Tue December 21st, 2004, 00:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

I can´t believe that actually happened.

Last edited by Milkcow on Sat April 23rd, 2005, 05:41 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue December 21st, 2004, 00:13 GMT 
Well if you buy ISIS's Interviews the weberman tapes, thats the one i have then i think thats the whole interview. :D :D

Post subject: Re: Photo
PostPosted: Tue December 21st, 2004, 02:20 GMT 

Nichole wrote:
...I don´t remember any secretary.....

You're right--the first track I have is (40 seconds) is Weberman telling the listener that he had talked to a secretary and requested Dylan call him-the 2nd track(02:56) is Dylan arranging w/Weberman to have Weberman drop off the article for Dylans approval. The third track (17:21) is the one that ends with Weberman requesting Dylan "Hang on for a sec, Bob, I wanna turn the cassette over"