Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed December 13th, 2017, 05:29 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue December 14th, 2004, 03:08 GMT 
my mom got me this really nice framed photo of dylan its has a really cool picture of when he was pretty young and its pretty big to and autographed but i'm really doubting its real cause every autograph i have seen of his is diffrent so my question is does antone know if dylan signs his name diffrently all the time? and do you think that this autograph could be real? even if its not its still a really nice. but my mom said i dont want to know how much she paid for it and now i feel really bad that she might have bought a fake autograph for a ton of money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue December 14th, 2004, 18:48 GMT 
Well, you must rember that he has been sighning for 40 years so its gonna change.

He won't do his real signiture incase of people using it against him (forging) he most probaly just wrights his name fancy so it will look different each time, thats what most celebraties do.

I'm pritty sure if your mum spent money that its real. :D :D

PostPosted: Wed December 15th, 2004, 07:08 GMT 

Anonymous wrote:
now i feel really bad that she might have bought a fake autograph for a ton of money.

This might sound kind'a corny, but your mother's love for you and her desire to please you is worth a hundred times more than all the autographed Dylan photos in the world. That is the essence of her gift to you-not some letters on a piece of paper. Be grateful. And by all means, be deserving of her attention. There will come a day when you realize the fact that she gave it to you makes it infinitely more valuable than mere money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu December 16th, 2004, 04:39 GMT 
you know what no one loves there mom more then me. she does everything for me i would probably be dead if she wasnt around. i'm 21 and still depend on her and listen to what she tells me. i am very grateful of her. so dont tell me i dont apreciate her. cause you dont know how much she means to me. what i ment was i feel bad that she might have gotten riped off. and i feel bad about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu December 16th, 2004, 06:36 GMT 

Anonymous wrote:
so dont tell me i dont apreciate her.

No one said anything regarding that you don't appreciate her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri December 17th, 2004, 03:59 GMT 
well then what the x are you saying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri December 17th, 2004, 07:04 GMT 

Anonymous wrote:

"...There will come a day when you realize the fact that she gave it to you makes it infinitely more valuable than mere money."

Post subject: celebrity autographs
PostPosted: Fri December 17th, 2004, 12:10 GMT 
There's an adage most autograph hounds believe: "If you don't see them sign it, it's a fake."
Unfortunately, with computer scanning, it's too easy to duplicate an autograph.
And with the price of autographs on the market, it's a profitable venture. Many unscrupulous dealers sell nothing but fakes.
Because of this, many celebs, like Dylan, stopped signing for fans. Dylan refused my request to sign an album cover two years ago. He said he doesn't do that anymore.
And certificates of authenticity don't mean a thing. They are printed up along with the fake signatures.
Live and learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat December 18th, 2004, 00:19 GMT 
Yea man theres no telling now days whats true and what ain't.

I would just tell people its authentic, how they gonna tell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat December 18th, 2004, 13:36 GMT 

Quote:

Well, i hope you don't kiss your mom with that mouth!