Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon October 23rd, 2017, 17:22 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu December 9th, 2004, 03:20 GMT 

OK, I'm thinking of forking out the bucks and get myself Lyrics for Christmas. But everything I've read says "most" of his lyrics are in it. Do they get all the odd singles and disowned tracks? Anything rare or unreleased? Hmm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu December 9th, 2004, 16:12 GMT 
it's worth gettin'. But there are parts missed out there are a few in there i'v never heard of (I don't do bootlegs) but there are defantly songs left out, espeshaly with self portrait section, and different bits that i can't remember right now. but i would still get its still got alot in there and if anything eles it looks nice against the chroicals. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri December 10th, 2004, 00:10 GMT 

what about official 'bootleg' stuff, like Mama You've Been On Mind. What about Biograph stuff?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri December 10th, 2004, 23:19 GMT 
Well the offical bootleg and bioigraphy stuff has been split up and put to the end of the relavant album that the songs should have been realsed on. Called the extras.
One other thing i noticed, the albums Dylan, and Down in the groove are not in the book. i think Down in the groove is all covers i don't have it so i'm not sure so that might explain it. but i beleieve that Dylan is all his own work so it should be in there. same with world gone wrong and as good as i been to you. even tho he didn't write those songs on the albums, it would still have been nice to have the lyrics in the book.

one last thing self portrait only has two songs in it and i'm sure he wrote more than two songs for the album.
:D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun December 12th, 2004, 09:10 GMT 

Since this is a Dylan lyrics book i think it's totally ok not to include cover songs. That would exclude 'Dylan', GAIBTY, most of Down in the Groove etc. It would be nice though to have an additional volume with song lyrics which influenced Dylan (not necessarily songs he covered on his official albums, but live stuff, say 'the cookoo bird' for example).