Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat December 16th, 2017, 10:54 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Missed it
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 09:41 GMT 
Hello all,
I did a silly thing and fell asleep right before the interview.Was wondering if anybody knows if CBS rebroadcasts 60 minutes any time in the near future, or even if somebody was able to tape the interview. I'd be willing to buy a copy, or trade some music for it.
If anybody can help a Po' Boy out, please respond in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 10:45 GMT 

Comments on 60 minutes with Bob:

Hiya - well...we'll post here too! anybody out there?

Bob not only looked good - he talked good too.
A great interview with Bob.

How can any musician describe songwriting.? It is impossilble. He said it by saying the " creative well".

The talk about " its all right ma" lyrics though... was greatly moving from Bob. None of us can do what we used to do. Or do again what we did. Its just not in the realm of reality. We move on. And do new things. Can they hear them?

Only in the new modern realm of MEDIA are people held to repeat their youthful works again to "success" on the media's terms. Its a false construct. One built on our life span it seems. And its not about art - which is what Bob is about. An artist. But the "debate" is one that sells papers.

Bob held his space. And he looked great. The truth? As much as 60 minutes and Ed Bradley could stand. We here in the art-stuf though? - we all admire Bob for his magic tricks. Keep it close Bob. We know the code...or do we???

...and your new songs are as moving and compelling as the ones from days ago. Its a thing we follow. And.... Its all just part of a symphony you said - and that is it. In God's land - we create. Songs.

Bob? - thanks for creating..
Clark Price

a web dweeb for a serious and admirable Dylanite:
http://www.stanridgway.comBack to top

Post subject: Re: Missed it
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 11:55 GMT 
BobbyM wrote:
Hello all,
I did a silly thing and fell asleep right before the interview.Was wondering if anybody knows if CBS rebroadcasts 60 minutes any time in the near future, or even if somebody was able to tape the interview. I'd be willing to buy a copy, or trade some music for it.
If anybody can help a Po' Boy out, please respond in this thread.

I taped it on VHS. thadman69@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 14:10 GMT 

<<If anybody can help a Po' Boy out, please respond in this thread.>>

can you get to the dylan pool??? they have it uploaded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 14:25 GMT 

You also can download it on www.easytree.org
Very good quality. I'm so lucky to have it because I hadn't the chance to watch it in Germany.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 14:46 GMT 
They should have had Mike Wallace, not Ed Bradley, interview Bob.

Post subject: destiny versus free will
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 15:37 GMT 

Bob is the master of holding back. He still holds the fragile piece he feels someone would kill.
No one does what they do and says they do it for a reason that is beyond them or an agreement that is not a double lie.
He is what he has always been.
A creative manipulator....It`s not a bad thing!
He is every song he has written and he is all his songs in one.
The interview is another one. Put music to his dialogue and we could call it "dylan at play" or "dylan plays us". He is careful and he is modest as anyone who plays with that fragile part of themselves.
He owns what he needs and sells us that part of himself. There is NO prophet or messiah, but there is the magician who made magic and who does new tricks. His cloak he cloaks himself in is a familiar cloak "Elvis". (Both are the same...publicly expressed and privately hidden, protecting the gift and overwhelmingly liked?)
We are not hooked as much as what he is on us and what about "enough is enough". He is not that fragile where by he could be at one time killed.
No, this is not destiny, this is not the last payment. He says "I will choose my free will like always and say "enough is enough".
Bob does what Bob wants.....he always has!
If it is that "Like a rolling Stone" is the most popular song now and for all time and Bob is the "man who lives in the moment" why not just say "thanks everybody"?? It`s o.k the magic won`t die.
But this trick is too big for him and it`s not his trick so he turns it away and cloaks the magic the audience say IS magic, and says "but wait until their is a better trick from another magician"
All his songs he has scerenaded us and screamed at us to listen( i sing my songs everytime like i`m singing to someone for the first time)
And "Like a rolling stone" is played at most concerts for no particular reason???
And "masters of war" is a silent symphony you never got to hear??
He liked the idea of destiny when we listened to those songs "we didn`t hear" but now they are just a song and nothing more that we carry with us that meant nothing about what we thought they might mean and if we had a guess at what we think they might mean we would be too deaf to have heard just a song.....Is their anyone feeling wrapped by the "cloak" again?.
Jezz, he good!
I just stood up... "Jezz i can`t find my knees"
Oh well....i and i....... and eveybody else just forgot to listen?
I have never stopped listening or listening out for being sold what i am not or what i am listening to.

Cheerio for now!

"Oh yeh....Did Bob really listen to Hank Williams? " i bought Hanks album but it only had one song on it "The sounds of silence"!"

Post subject: german tv
PostPosted: Mon December 6th, 2004, 22:44 GMT 

zdf a german tv station showed a few excerpts from the interview in its "heute journal" - okay the journalists knowing about bob was based on information from 1963 or so and one is sick and tired to hear always the same sterotypes and so on, but it was good to see the man in shape...

Post subject: 60 minutes
PostPosted: Wed December 8th, 2004, 16:13 GMT 
Okey, can somebody please tell me, where can I download the complete 60 minutes interview. On easytree I got only about 15 minutes of it.