Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 23:51 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu November 25th, 2004, 10:04 GMT 
November 24, 2004 -- Bob Dylan, the great American Bard, will appear on "60 Minutes" — his first television interview in more than 19 years.
Dylan sat with correspondent Ed Bradley for 90 minutes last Friday while on tour in Northampton, Mass. — the interview is slated to air on Dec. 5.

In the broadcast, Dylan talks about his career, fame, his difficult relationship with the press and his relationship with his father.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/32154.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue November 30th, 2004, 23:52 GMT 

gonna try and keep this towards the top in case new peeps come in that arent aware of the broadcast now five days away and counting.

On a related note--last night that dreadful Bill O'Reilly was dissing the 60 Minutes show--saying it isn't good, or the material offered isnt interesting. In an attempt to illustrate his point he mentioned that this past Sunday's show featured and interview with actor Dustin Hoffman as it's finale. Then this O'reilly said something to the effect of, "..and next week it's Bob Dylan-come on, DYLAN? No one is interested in him or the fact that he hasn't taken a shower in three months."

Well, O'Reilly, I doubt you hang around Bob Dylan enough to be personally hip to Mr. D's hygenic habits, but if you want to slam somebody for their work and that is the best you got, well, you ain't got much O'Reilly. Speaking of showers,Bill..it seems your little so called shower fantasy got you more scandalous exposure in one week than Dylan has created in his forty some years of being a beloved and respected public figure. Plus, the awards he has gotten ARE REAL, not figments of his self promoting imagination.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed December 1st, 2004, 00:50 GMT 

I saw O'Reilly last night as well, and was also upset about his little remark. His ignorant comments prove that he is not familiar with Bob Dylan at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed December 1st, 2004, 03:09 GMT 

JordyDef wrote:
I saw O'Reilly last night as well, and was also upset about his little remark. His ignorant comments prove that he is not familiar with Bob Dylan at all.

Yeah, O'Reilly's dork factor redlined last night as far as I am concerned. Talk about a cheap shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed December 1st, 2004, 05:14 GMT 

I have no problem with Bill blasting the celebrities and musicians that put themselves out there and look foolish. But Bob Dylan has always conducted his public life in a respectable way and in no way deserved such a comment from a political analyst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu December 2nd, 2004, 00:34 GMT 

JordyDef wrote:
. But Bob Dylan .... no way deserved such a comment from a political analyst.

It tells much more about O'Reilly than Bob.
Most telling is that O'Reilly is a jackass first class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun December 5th, 2004, 19:56 GMT 

And, more to the point, he's a Republican dickwad. I heard Michael Savage try to skewer Dylan on his program once. He succeeded in sounding ignorant, one-sided and tyrannical. Which is probably how Masters of War sounds to him.