Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 01:16 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Fans
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 00:45 GMT 

A father of one of my students said "thank you for turning my daughter onto Dylan," sarcastically to me today. He continued, "now I get to re-live that horrible voice!" What a great compliment for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 00:48 GMT 

I almost forgot to add, that she comes home from school and "blares" it! She is only 14 and has skateboard music tendencies. PS She got the highest grade on my final. Ahh! to be that age again. . . sniff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 08:34 GMT 
I'm not allowed to listen to BD at home. At least, not when Janet's in. She does like 'Dignity', though. I can play that as often as I like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 14:35 GMT 
Yea my dad gets a bit pissy about it too, but he knows he can't fault dylan well at least not when my mum or i are around. until my brother comes back from uni its sweet sweet sweeeet bobby.

Post subject: Re: New Fans
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 15:10 GMT 

bigfatdonkeyhead wrote:
A father of one of my students said "thank you for turning my daughter onto Dylan," sarcastically to me today. He continued, "now I get to re-live that horrible voice!" What a great compliment for me!

Did you reply, "Sorry to hear that, sucker." ?

If I were a parent of someone that age, I'd definitely take Dylan over Blink 182, even if I thought I was choosing the lesser of two bad musics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 15:18 GMT 
Hay loper are you a photographer as a living cos thats sooooo cool
i'm an Art student and want to be an photographer when i'v finnished all the my corses do it as a living do you know any job ideas. all i know is that i want to work in magazines love the baily and testino stuff!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 15:26 GMT 

Dylan's Angel wrote:
Hay loper are you a photographer as a living cos thats sooooo cool!

Haha, as a living...no...ha ha, I wish. I think I've made about $30 overall. Wish I could help you...Thanks for the compliments, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 16:15 GMT 
Titanium Member

Most of my male friends that are not into Dyaln don't like him because they are jealous. My high school boyfriend, who is a guitar player, hated him because I love him so much. Petty, I know. However, I always did tell him that I would leave him for Dylan

Post subject: Took 'Desire'
PostPosted: Wed November 24th, 2004, 21:58 GMT 

and fatherhood for me to locate the source that is the fount of Dylan's pen, yet of BOTT, H 61 and BIABH I was aware, having grooved to them on mad nights when the lights were dim and the air full of the smoke of boredom and unrest. Dylan could draw us all together into that jingle jangle morning of milk trucks, rearview lipstick and coffee dreams.

That was some good coffee ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu November 25th, 2004, 00:23 GMT 
I wish you where my teacher when i was at school then i could have listened to dylan then. And archarly i would leave my boyfriend for dylan any day but i don't have one right know so i sopose its easyer for me to say.