Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue July 28th, 2015, 13:20 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 15:28 GMT 

...or trousers, for you brits.

What's the deal with these panteloons? I'm talking about the black ones with the white(?) stripe. It looks like he's worn the same ones for the last twenty odd years. I sure hope he has several pairs and they arent just really funky by now.
Don't know why, but they drive me up the wall. They're awful. Just awful. Talk about Las Vegas lounge act (yes, that was a reference).
Any story behind this? Any known published discussions? (bobspants.blogspot.com)

Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 15:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

Location: out with the truckers & the kickers & the cowboy angels
This may vaguely fit the subject. :lol:

http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82196&hilit=clothes

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

Anr Bjotk wrote:

What's the deal with these panteloons? I'm talking about the black ones with the white(?) stripe. It looks like he's worn the same ones for the last twenty odd years. I sure hope he has several pairs and they arent just really funky by now.
Don't know why, but they drive me up the wall. They're awful. Just awful. Talk about Las Vegas lounge act (yes, that was a reference).
Any story behind this? Any known published discussions? (bobspants.blogspot.com)

Here's my guesses.

Pantaloons are loose fitting and therefore comfortable.
Bob feels a need to wear comfortable loose fitting pants.
Wearing black pants means they hide things like dirt for example.
In his choice of pants Bob has forgot to consider the feelings of Anr Bjotk who would prefer that Bob wear tight fitting pants of a lighter color.

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Ok. Since we're on the subject.

What I don't get are the shirts that have a collar that seems to be for a man who has a neck quantitatively larger than our Bob's.

I mean who the f#ck is this guy's tailor??? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:27 GMT 

I think it goes deeper - design wise. The stripes in the side of the pants and the three red stripes on the bottom of the sleeves of his coat give a military air to them. He has said he would liked to have been a military general at one point, and he mentioned the civil war is the template for everything he has done - so I think there is a connection there.

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

chrome horse wrote:
I think it goes deeper - design wise. The stripes in the side of the pants and the three red stripes on the bottom of the sleeves of his coat give a military air to them. He has said he would liked to have been a military general at one point, and he mentioned the civil war is the template for everything he has done - so I think there is a connection there.

Are you suggesting 6 degrees??

Uncanny....

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:38 GMT 
Titanium Member

chrome horse wrote:

These fashion tidbits are obviously another stroke of genius and masterpiece by Dylan and as we all know Dylan is a genius who makes masterpieces.

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

carnap wrote:
chrome horse wrote:

These fashion tidbits are obviously another stroke of genius and masterpiece by Dylan and as we all know Dylan is a genius who makes masterpieces.

In other words...he paints....um, pants....

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:59 GMT 
Titanium Member

Why does this subject bring to mind Milkcow??

Channeling I guess....

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:04 GMT 

jimb727 wrote:
Why does this subject bring to mind Milkcow??

Channeling I guess....

I'm thinking more Ulysses S. Grant. And there's a parallel there. He was ridiculed for drinking, the man who won the civil war and preserved the union! Bob has been ridiculed for smoking pot - the man who tried to save the WHOLE world! Grant was quite modest in person - like Bob.

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:08 GMT 
Titanium Member

Which brings to mind Blind Willie McTell for some reason...^^

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

He didn't succeed. Bob, that is.

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:13 GMT 

Some elderly women, members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, went to president Lincoln to complain about General Grant's drinking.

Lincoln perked up and said. "What? Grant is Drinking?" He turned to his secretary, John Hay, and directed him to "find out exactly WHAT Grant is drinking and immediately send a barrel of it to every general in the union army."

When god found out Bob was smoking pot, he directed one of his angels to put a joint under the pillow of every adult on the planet.

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

chrome horse wrote:
Some elderly women, members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, went to president Lincoln to complain about General Grant's drinking.

Lincoln perked up and said. "What? Grant is Drinking?" He turned to his secretary, John Hay, and directed him to "find out exactly WHAT Grant is drinking and immediately send a barrel of it to every general in the union army."

When god found out Bob was smoking pot, he directed one of his angels to put a joint under the pillow of every adult on the planet.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:25 GMT 

carnap wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:

Here's my guesses.

Pantaloons are loose fitting and therefore comfortable.
Bob feels a need to wear comfortable loose fitting pants.
Wearing black pants means they hide things like dirt for example.
In his choice of pants Bob has forgot to consider the feelings of Anr Bjotk who would prefer that Bob wear tight fitting pants of a lighter color.

Where would we be without you? :?

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 19:43 GMT 

IF YOU THINK BOB IS PANTS WHY DO YOU EVEN COME HERE???

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 20:19 GMT 

Hungryhoss wrote:
IF YOU THINK BOB IS PANTS WHY DO YOU EVEN COME HERE???

Different people have different priorities, obviously, and this man has his heart elsewhere. Mud packers are quite popular in some circles these days.

PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 21:27 GMT 

carnap wrote:
chrome horse wrote:

Pants

PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 00:50 GMT 

I think the greater question here is which leg goes in 1st? Or does Bob jump into his pants both legs at the same time? And of course, to which side does he dress? Does he ever wear Bermuda shorts? Kilt?

PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 05:13 GMT 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Bob_Dylan_in_Toronto.jpg

guess he has some with red stripes too...

PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 15:11 GMT 

tensteel wrote:
Does he ever wear Bermuda shorts? Kilt?

Has anyone ever seen his legs?
Maybe he's ashamed of them. Perhaps theyre rather fat and the white line has a slimming effect.

PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 15:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

Senac wrote:
tensteel wrote:
Does he ever wear Bermuda shorts? Kilt?

Has anyone ever seen his legs?
Maybe he's ashamed of them. Perhaps theyre rather fat and the white line has a slimming effect.

Fat??

Naw, think poultry.

PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 16:28 GMT 

chrome horse wrote:

Did the angels also place vials of amphetamines and bags of heroin under peoples pillows then?

PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 16:57 GMT 

Anr Bjotk wrote:
chrome horse wrote:

Did the angels also place vials of amphetamines and bags of heroin under peoples pillows then?

No, God isn't into hard drugs - only medicinal pot - the WONDER drug.