Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue July 28th, 2015, 13:20 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 15:28 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 381
...or trousers, for you brits.

What's the deal with these panteloons? I'm talking about the black ones with the white(?) stripe. It looks like he's worn the same ones for the last twenty odd years. I sure hope he has several pairs and they arent just really funky by now.
Don't know why, but they drive me up the wall. They're awful. Just awful. Talk about Las Vegas lounge act (yes, that was a reference).
Any story behind this? Any known published discussions? (bobspants.blogspot.com)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 15:38 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 35147
Location: out with the truckers & the kickers & the cowboy angels
This may vaguely fit the subject. :lol:

http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82196&hilit=clothes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:05 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri February 11th, 2005, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 7714
Anr Bjotk wrote:
...or trousers, for you brits.

What's the deal with these panteloons? I'm talking about the black ones with the white(?) stripe. It looks like he's worn the same ones for the last twenty odd years. I sure hope he has several pairs and they arent just really funky by now.
Don't know why, but they drive me up the wall. They're awful. Just awful. Talk about Las Vegas lounge act (yes, that was a reference).
Any story behind this? Any known published discussions? (bobspants.blogspot.com)


Here's my guesses.

Pantaloons are loose fitting and therefore comfortable.
Bob feels a need to wear comfortable loose fitting pants.
Wearing black pants means they hide things like dirt for example.
In his choice of pants Bob has forgot to consider the feelings of Anr Bjotk who would prefer that Bob wear tight fitting pants of a lighter color.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:12 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 9871
Ok. Since we're on the subject.

What I don't get are the shirts that have a collar that seems to be for a man who has a neck quantitatively larger than our Bob's.

I mean who the f#ck is this guy's tailor??? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:27 GMT 

Joined: Wed February 16th, 2005, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 3214
Location: New Hampshire
I think it goes deeper - design wise. The stripes in the side of the pants and the three red stripes on the bottom of the sleeves of his coat give a military air to them. He has said he would liked to have been a military general at one point, and he mentioned the civil war is the template for everything he has done - so I think there is a connection there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:29 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 9871
chrome horse wrote:
I think it goes deeper - design wise. The stripes in the side of the pants and the three red stripes on the bottom of the sleeves of his coat give a military air to them. He has said he would liked to have been a military general at one point, and he mentioned the civil war is the template for everything he has done - so I think there is a connection there.


Are you suggesting 6 degrees??

Uncanny....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:38 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri February 11th, 2005, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 7714
chrome horse wrote:
I think it goes deeper - design wise. The stripes in the side of the pants and the three red stripes on the bottom of the sleeves of his coat give a military air to them. He has said he would liked to have been a military general at one point, and he mentioned the civil war is the template for everything he has done - so I think there is a connection there.



These fashion tidbits are obviously another stroke of genius and masterpiece by Dylan and as we all know Dylan is a genius who makes masterpieces.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:46 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 9871
carnap wrote:
chrome horse wrote:
I think it goes deeper - design wise. The stripes in the side of the pants and the three red stripes on the bottom of the sleeves of his coat give a military air to them. He has said he would liked to have been a military general at one point, and he mentioned the civil war is the template for everything he has done - so I think there is a connection there.



These fashion tidbits are obviously another stroke of genius and masterpiece by Dylan and as we all know Dylan is a genius who makes masterpieces.


In other words...he paints....um, pants....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:48 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 35147
Location: out with the truckers & the kickers & the cowboy angels
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 17:59 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 9871
Why does this subject bring to mind Milkcow??

Channeling I guess....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:04 GMT 

Joined: Wed February 16th, 2005, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 3214
Location: New Hampshire
jimb727 wrote:
Why does this subject bring to mind Milkcow??

Channeling I guess....


I'm thinking more Ulysses S. Grant. And there's a parallel there. He was ridiculed for drinking, the man who won the civil war and preserved the union! Bob has been ridiculed for smoking pot - the man who tried to save the WHOLE world! Grant was quite modest in person - like Bob.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:08 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 9871
Which brings to mind Blind Willie McTell for some reason...^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:10 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 35147
Location: out with the truckers & the kickers & the cowboy angels
He didn't succeed. Bob, that is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:13 GMT 

Joined: Wed February 16th, 2005, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 3214
Location: New Hampshire
Some elderly women, members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, went to president Lincoln to complain about General Grant's drinking.

Lincoln perked up and said. "What? Grant is Drinking?" He turned to his secretary, John Hay, and directed him to "find out exactly WHAT Grant is drinking and immediately send a barrel of it to every general in the union army."

When god found out Bob was smoking pot, he directed one of his angels to put a joint under the pillow of every adult on the planet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:20 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 9871
chrome horse wrote:
Some elderly women, members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, went to president Lincoln to complain about General Grant's drinking.

Lincoln perked up and said. "What? Grant is Drinking?" He turned to his secretary, John Hay, and directed him to "find out exactly WHAT Grant is drinking and immediately send a barrel of it to every general in the union army."

When god found out Bob was smoking pot, he directed one of his angels to put a joint under the pillow of every adult on the planet.


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 18:25 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue January 29th, 2013, 15:22 GMT
Posts: 1050
Location: The Zoom & the Roar & the Thrust
carnap wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:
...or trousers, for you brits.

What's the deal with these panteloons? I'm talking about the black ones with the white(?) stripe. It looks like he's worn the same ones for the last twenty odd years. I sure hope he has several pairs and they arent just really funky by now.
Don't know why, but they drive me up the wall. They're awful. Just awful. Talk about Las Vegas lounge act (yes, that was a reference).
Any story behind this? Any known published discussions? (bobspants.blogspot.com)


Here's my guesses.

Pantaloons are loose fitting and therefore comfortable.
Bob feels a need to wear comfortable loose fitting pants.
Wearing black pants means they hide things like dirt for example.
In his choice of pants Bob has forgot to consider the feelings of Anr Bjotk who would prefer that Bob wear tight fitting pants of a lighter color.


Where would we be without you? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 19:43 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri September 5th, 2014, 09:50 GMT
Posts: 2637
IF YOU THINK BOB IS PANTS WHY DO YOU EVEN COME HERE???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 20:19 GMT 

Joined: Wed February 16th, 2005, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 3214
Location: New Hampshire
Hungryhoss wrote:
IF YOU THINK BOB IS PANTS WHY DO YOU EVEN COME HERE???


Different people have different priorities, obviously, and this man has his heart elsewhere. Mud packers are quite popular in some circles these days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Sun June 7th, 2015, 21:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 2nd, 2015, 11:16 GMT
Posts: 173
carnap wrote:
chrome horse wrote:
I think it goes deeper - design wise. The stripes in the side of the pants and the three red stripes on the bottom of the sleeves of his coat give a military air to them. He has said he would liked to have been a military general at one point, and he mentioned the civil war is the template for everything he has done - so I think there is a connection there.



These fashion tidbits are obviously another stroke of genius and masterpiece by Dylan and as we all know Dylan is a genius who makes masterpieces.


Pants


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 00:50 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon August 20th, 2012, 19:45 GMT
Posts: 156
Location: In the East with the Sun in my eyes.
I think the greater question here is which leg goes in 1st? Or does Bob jump into his pants both legs at the same time? And of course, to which side does he dress? Does he ever wear Bermuda shorts? Kilt?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 05:13 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 381
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/38/Bob_Dylan_in_Toronto.jpg

guess he has some with red stripes too...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 15:11 GMT 

Joined: Mon November 15th, 2010, 20:04 GMT
Posts: 367
Location: Tyneside UK
tensteel wrote:
Does he ever wear Bermuda shorts? Kilt?

Has anyone ever seen his legs?
Maybe he's ashamed of them. Perhaps theyre rather fat and the white line has a slimming effect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 15:21 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed January 9th, 2008, 13:29 GMT
Posts: 9871
Senac wrote:
tensteel wrote:
Does he ever wear Bermuda shorts? Kilt?

Has anyone ever seen his legs?
Maybe he's ashamed of them. Perhaps theyre rather fat and the white line has a slimming effect.


Fat??

Naw, think poultry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 16:28 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 381
chrome horse wrote:
Some elderly women, members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, went to president Lincoln to complain about General Grant's drinking.

Lincoln perked up and said. "What? Grant is Drinking?" He turned to his secretary, John Hay, and directed him to "find out exactly WHAT Grant is drinking and immediately send a barrel of it to every general in the union army."

When god found out Bob was smoking pot, he directed one of his angels to put a joint under the pillow of every adult on the planet.


Did the angels also place vials of amphetamines and bags of heroin under peoples pillows then?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's pants
PostPosted: Mon June 8th, 2015, 16:57 GMT 

Joined: Wed February 16th, 2005, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 3214
Location: New Hampshire
Anr Bjotk wrote:
chrome horse wrote:
Some elderly women, members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, went to president Lincoln to complain about General Grant's drinking.

Lincoln perked up and said. "What? Grant is Drinking?" He turned to his secretary, John Hay, and directed him to "find out exactly WHAT Grant is drinking and immediately send a barrel of it to every general in the union army."

When god found out Bob was smoking pot, he directed one of his angels to put a joint under the pillow of every adult on the planet.


Did the angels also place vials of amphetamines and bags of heroin under peoples pillows then?


No, God isn't into hard drugs - only medicinal pot - the WONDER drug.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AliaZ, Callahan


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group