Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed June 20th, 2018, 02:03 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue June 19th, 2018, 21:24 GMT 

There hasn't been a credible rumour regarding a new album of original songs in a while. I mean, Tempest is almost 6 years old. He'll soon head into uncharted waters, as far as gaps between records that have the imprimatur stamped on them: "All Songs Written by Bob Dylan." I think the longest is between Under the Red Sky, and Time Out Of mind - 7 years.

It makes me wonder, does he have new songs, but isn't bothered to release them? Or has he ever gone back to the religious songs he discarded in favour of Tempest, and thought to work them into a record?

Or has winning the Nobel Prize intimidated him?

Or is an announcement of new songs imminent?

Anybody else come here every day hoping to get news that's slow coming?

PostPosted: Tue June 19th, 2018, 21:52 GMT 

Bob is a very sick man. The only way to get him to do something his fans would appreciate would be by using triple reverse double psychology + 1.

Bob is the master of sick, twisted unbelievable shit that his poor band mates and Record Company have to put up with. He’s a very childish boy who suffers from aspbergers.

Whatever you want him to do, he’ll do the opposite of and then continue it beyond belief.

So how do we get him to finish his book, maybe write another (like a James Bond spy novel) or put out some new songs or even play the harmonica again?

Triple reverse double psychology plus 1.

PostPosted: Tue June 19th, 2018, 23:44 GMT 

Every time someone comments on the "BS14 When is it coming out?", I click hoping to see a link showing a new big box of Rolling Thunder concerts and BOTT outtakes/etc.

After the last three Sinatra albums, I have kind of given up on a new album of originals. As jokerman61 said, Bob will probably confound us all and release more Sinatra covers. As I am expecting nothing, anything would be a nice surprise.

PostPosted: Wed June 20th, 2018, 00:02 GMT 

Chins up, you guys.

We all know how long the wait was for originals after 'under the red sky,' and it produced 'TIME OUT OF BLOODY MIND.'

I really trust that Bob is taking his time to make the wait worth it for him/us, more so than with 'Together Through Life' or even 'Tempest.' Yes I said it and will stand by it. He wants a big one this time. Personal. Reflective.

But yeah I've never been right before so we'll see.

(Except I'm pretty sure.)

PostPosted: Wed June 20th, 2018, 00:08 GMT 
Titanium Member

We haven't reached the quota yet for "when's the next original album?" threads. Once we prove that we deserve it, Bob already has one recorded that will release immediately. Keep at it guys.

PostPosted: Wed June 20th, 2018, 00:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

I suspect it's all or mostly recorded as well. But, yes, I am getting desperate for hard news (or even substantial gossip).

PostPosted: Wed June 20th, 2018, 01:42 GMT 

I'm Stark Naked wrote:
Anybody else come here every day hoping to get news that's slow coming?

I come to gawk at the celebrity worshipers.

jokerman61 wrote:
his poor band mates

haha

Perhaps they'd prefer working for Roger Waters. Or spare-changing on some Interstate onramp.