Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 23rd, 2014, 10:07 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 02:44 GMT 
Mercury Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
maybe we should be asking what's so great about home and family first??
He's Bob Dylan...and he's still got work to do. The world will sink without him... :wink:

Good point.... and where is "home".... how many people his age are sitting around waiting on the "kids" to come and visit....from what we know of his kids there is none of them just sitting around doing nothing.... they have things they are busy with too..... and maybe while traveling he is visiting family and friends as he goes..... and how else is he gonna keep all of his "wives" from running into each other except to keep on the move..... :lol:

..... and last but not least.....he is having fun and he gotta keep coming out to see US!!!!

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 02:47 GMT 
Promethium Member

raging_glory wrote:

He did this interview in Northampton, Mass. He walked into the room (without a pencil in his hand) and everyone hushed and all eyes turned to Bob and the energy shifted immensely. Must be the Devil thing. What a weird feeling that must be to get that reaction for a majority of the time and not be able to go incognito without a towel over your head.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 02:59 GMT 

You can't have it all.Bob is paying a high prise. Something has to be neglected because the touring is taking up most of his energy and devotion. Nobody can have it all because somethings always gotta give.

Last edited by Ontherun on Thu August 9th, 2012, 03:07 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 03:06 GMT 

Ontherun wrote:
You can't have it all.Bob is paying a high prise. Something has to be neglected because the touring is taking up most of his energy and devotion.

That's a good point. He may be squandering the rest of his earthly energies, on the public stage. I don'r know what he does with his family, and don't really care.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 03:10 GMT 

Ain't Talkin' wrote:
Ontherun wrote:
You can't have it all.Bob is paying a high prise. Something has to be neglected because the touring is taking up most of his energy and devotion.

That's a good point. He may be squandering the rest of his earthly energies, on the public stage. I don'r know what he does with his family, and don't really care.

I hear his fans say this all the time. As long as he tours the fans are happy.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 03:32 GMT 

Ontherun wrote:
I hear his fans say this all the time. As long as he tours the fans are happy.

Maybe Bob has settled his debts, but it's a long time gone for more fan worship.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 04:10 GMT 

afaninfull wrote:

I know as I get older, one of the secrets to longevity is to KEEP MOVING. I'm sure touring is a way to keep physically active...to keep on keeping on. As an artist, this might also be a way to kick himself out of a comfort zone and expose himself to new people, places, and points of view.

Great advice for young and old alike. It must be a beautiful thing when the moving part involves your work, and your work is in the arts and entertainment?

A great way to fade away or burn out brightly on this planet.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 04:35 GMT 

raging_glory wrote:
He's fulfilling his purpose.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 04:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

ActionFletch wrote:
afaninfull wrote:

I know as I get older, one of the secrets to longevity is to KEEP MOVING. I'm sure touring is a way to keep physically active...to keep on keeping on. As an artist, this might also be a way to kick himself out of a comfort zone and expose himself to new people, places, and points of view.

Great advice for young and old alike. It must be a beautiful thing when the moving part involves your work, and your work is in the arts and entertainment?

A great way to fade away or burn out brightly on this planet.

This is something that people who sit on their couches or at their desks wondering about how the world turns will never understand (unless they understand what they're missing)! Don't forget that bit about seeing the world several times over.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 05:47 GMT 

It's great when God gives you strength and health to do what you really want to do.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 05:59 GMT 
Mercury Member

Free bus pass for pensioners.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 06:03 GMT 

Bob told me it's the groupies.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 10:00 GMT 

^ very well could be!!

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 11:05 GMT 

I don't know , but i hope he never stops

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 11:36 GMT 

Lots of guys prefer the office to the living room. "The office" meaning a rather bleak and monochromatic place. Given the opportunity to swap it for, say, a stage in front of thousands of people who all think you're a genius, where you can create absolutely whatever musical "event" you wish while they scream and clap and shout your name, how many of these guys would volunteer? And then instead of going home, you just hop on a nice ass bus, smoke a bone and head to the next party. Yeah, yeah, there's a little work involved. But...who cares? There's a little work in any real fun.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 11:44 GMT 

Bruce11 wrote:
Lots of guys prefer the office to the living room. "The office" meaning a rather bleak and monochromatic place. Given the opportunity to swap it for, say, a stage in front of thousands of people who all think you're a genius, where you can create absolutely whatever musical "event" you wish while they scream and clap and shout your name, how many of these guys would volunteer? And then instead of going home, you just hop on a nice ass bus, smoke a bone and head to the next party. Yeah, yeah, there's a little work involved. But...who cares? There's a little work in any real fun.

Yes , but wouldn't he rather stay home in his pool with 3 beautiful girls ?
Not that i mind him touring .. Like i said i hope he never stops . But it's still a mystery to me . And why so many shows ??? No one does 100 shows a year , it's insane !
I guess he just likes to perform . Maybe that's what i'd do if i was Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 12:47 GMT 

Ain't Talkin' wrote:
If you've been on the stage as long as he has, you can't let go. Feels like death.

/thread

Also, he's said it makes him happy, so...

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 19:47 GMT 

To go along with that statement he made which others have mentioned, maybe in addition to any personal reasons, there's a drive, bestowed in tandem with his talents. To keep on keeping on in his own life, which then says (whether or not he is comfortable with the idea) in so many ways to a whole generation, "We're not meant to sit around on our laurels and just count out milligrams to keep our hind-ends in motion. Carry on with life, don't let anything you've been given sit on a shelf. Keep on giving as it's given to you." He's probably inspired many admirers to continue or resume their own careers, in various fields, not only music. Also, one doesn't have to be "all that" to fulfill a task. God spoke to Balaam through a mule. (ie an ass was the messenger- not that Bob is a mule!- just to say a messenger doesn't always belong on a pedestal) Even though things are "officially" set up & lined out to try to tell people when their whens are, Bob's working life seems to say that other people's opinions and constraints are mostly artificial rules...still rebelling. Haha.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 23:48 GMT 

I heard something on Focus on the Family radio that reminded me of this thread today:
"Men like to be in an environment where they can WIN."

Got me thinking. I thought, 'Women like to be where they can HELP." Seems complimentary, almost like Someone designed it that way or sumpthin

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 23:52 GMT 
Titanium Member

Peggy Night wrote:
I heard something on Focus on the Family radio that reminded me of this thread today:

Got me thinking. I thought, 'Women like to be where they can HELP." Seems complimentary, almost like Someone designed it that way or sumpthin

It does, unless you don't believe that's where men like to be and where women like to be.

PostPosted: Thu August 9th, 2012, 23:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Felliniesque wrote:
Ain't Talkin' wrote:
If you've been on the stage as long as he has, you can't let go. Feels like death.

/thread

Also, he's said it makes him happy, so...

He also said it terrifies him, if we're thinking of the same quote here. I think he's still hanging in there because he believes it's his destiny.

PostPosted: Fri August 10th, 2012, 00:27 GMT 
Titanium Member

Peggy Night wrote:

reminds me of something I thought of once...'some women like to reduce men into something they can understand....'

You should listen to a different station some time to expand that mind...