Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed November 26th, 2014, 13:46 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2012, 23:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
something along the lines of a bobby rush concert

Quote:
Is he still around? Wild man! Likes the ladies too

he was as of a few years ago last time i saw him. barbeque turkey legs.
i dont think he likes the skinny legged women.

PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2012, 23:49 GMT 
Titanium Member

dgsvoboda wrote:
theunwavedhand wrote:
Growing soooooo tired of Goombay on this thread

On a good day, goombay rocks!

And -- most days are good days!!

8)

i think they want to shut us down. its a pretty good thread all in all. im trying to figure out a way to work Al Martino in here somehow.

PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2012, 23:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

goombay wrote:
he was as of a few years ago last time i saw him. barbeque turkey legs.
i dont think he likes the skinny legged women.

No, he definitely likes to super-size it from what I've seen.

PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2012, 23:57 GMT 

goombay wrote:
Code:
Right, Trev's off to rustle some cattle! Let's hope I don't get a pat on the head as a reward!

nobodys gonna pat you in the head,if you do it MS they may pat you down and arrest you that they may do.

it does give the music a greasy ambiance. just a little bit behind the beat but coming back up quick.
something along the lines of a bobby rush concert.

Trev once went to a Bobby Crush concert - I think he's the English equivalent. He wrote Orville's Song for Keith Harris and ... er, Orville.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16bgO2kX3XI

Also, I hardly think they're gonna close this thread down before we've got to the bottom of what's wrong with Modern Times.

PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2012, 00:06 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
Trev once went to a Bobby Crush concert - I think he's the English equivalent. He wrote Orville's Song for Keith Harris and ... er, Orville.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16bgO2kX3XI

Also, I hardly think they're gonna close this thread down before we've got to the bottom of what's wrong with Modern Times.
[/quote]

if those two showed up at a bobby rush event that green duck would surely get cooked.
i think it may be too late to figure out the problems with MT, like bing crosby used to sing
its last call for the midnite choo choo for alabamy.

PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2012, 00:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Did anyone mention the Charlie Chaplin film, Modern Times comparison?

From Wikipedia (so it must be true):
Modern Times is a 1936 comedy film by Charlie Chaplin that has his iconic Little Tramp character struggling to survive in the modern, industrialized world. The film is a comment on the desperate employment and fiscal conditions many people faced during the Great Depression, conditions created, in Chaplin's view, by the efficiencies of modern industrialization.

PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2012, 01:46 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Modern Times is a 1936 comedy film by Charlie Chaplin that has his iconic Little Tramp character struggling to survive in the modern, industrialized world. The film is a comment on the desperate employment and fiscal conditions many people faced during the Great Depression, conditions created, in Chaplin's view, by the efficiencies of modern industrialization.

That was suggested prior to album release but it's hard to find much of a connecting thread...Workingman's Blues? But that song is kind of a wet rag to be compared to Chaplin's masterpiece.

PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2012, 01:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

henrypussycat wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:

That was suggested prior to album release but it's hard to find much of a connecting thread...

The title maybe?

PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2012, 04:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

Trev wrote:
Has anyone actually drunk milk fresh from the cow? Just suckled an udder and imbibed the goodness? For some reason, I feel goombay may have, and Trev may follow his lead.

When I was a young boy my father used to milk a cow and I tried it then , it is warm , but very good.

PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2012, 07:38 GMT 
Mercury Member

Reminds me of the guy up north here who was caught performing intimate acts on a horse and then claimed he just happened to be innocently walking past the animal in that remote field, when he slipped and fell underneath it

Sucking the milk from a cow is probably frowned upon by your local constabulary, I'm guessing. Doing it to a thousand would no doubt make you a legend among men who frequent a rather niche digital market.

PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2012, 08:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bennyboy wrote:
Reminds me of the guy up north here who was caught performing intimate acts on a horse and then claimed he just happened to be innocently walking past the animal in that remote field, when he slipped and fell underneath it

Sucking the milk from a cow is probably frowned upon by your local constabulary, I'm guessing. Doing it to a thousand would no doubt make you a legend among men who frequent a rather niche digital market.

I was six years old!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10