Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu April 19th, 2018, 14:03 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: buying dylan paintings
PostPosted: Mon January 1st, 2018, 14:41 GMT 

Hi there

I know next to nothing about art, so am seeking advice.

Is it possible to buy good quality Dylan artwork on a canvas that ISN'T an original? I can't afford to buy an original, but would be interested in having a piece of Dylan artwork in my living room. Or is it all or nothing?

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Mon January 1st, 2018, 15:50 GMT 

If you are referring to the many hand-signed, limited edition releases of giclee prints (or even the silkscreen release from last year), then I would say that these works are definitely of good quality. But I suppose "good quality" is somewhat subjective. These works are released by a reputable publisher and sold through established galleries. And from personal experience, I can say that they look great in my own living room.

It is generally best to purchase works as soon as they are released; otherwise, the prices will quickly increase if attempting to purchase directly from the galleries. That pushes you to the secondary market (e.g., ebay), which carries a new set of risks. And even on ebay, I'm not sure that prices typically get back to the original level at the time of release.....grave

PostPosted: Mon January 1st, 2018, 17:53 GMT 

I suppose this wouldn't be a jam on the bank account for the people who buy the originals . That's judging from my attitude towards money,seeing where I spend it -not on Bob Dylan, unfortunately because I'll have to pay for my meager rations of everything :oops: until I get back on my own feet after spring.