Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun December 17th, 2017, 10:11 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bob Dylan Prints
PostPosted: Mon January 18th, 2016, 20:58 GMT 

Hi.....I stumbled upon this forum whilst researching some Bob Dylan limited edition Prints that I have inherited and wondering if you fine people would know if there a forum where Prints are sold, or should I just sell them in eBay?

Any help appreciated. I have the following:

Cassandra Portfolio 2010 framed,
Cassandra Portfolio 2010 in original wrapping,
Iron Railings 2013 framed ,
Sidewalk cafe 2013 framed,
Woman in red lion pub 2014 framed,
Trailer framed 2013.

The prints are all numbered and signed by the artist with what looks like certificates attached to the back of each picture. I am not a Dylan fan so I'm scratching my head a bit on these.

Cheers

Jason

Post subject: Re: Bob Dylan Prints
PostPosted: Fri February 19th, 2016, 05:41 GMT 

Welcome to the forum!

I too own some Dylan prints -- I bought 5 in 2010 -- the railroad tracks set and "Dallas Hotel Room". The dealers are (I believe) all in England -- and London specifically, I believe.

Here's a few:

Castle Galleries
Washington Green
Canvas Wimbledon -- where I bought mine.

I would contact them to see if you could perhaps commission them back to them and maybe get half or whatever, if they do that. Some prints -- like the train tracks -- by far the most popular -- sell for WAY more than they originally did. For example, they sold for 1,250 pounds each in 2010, and now sell for 5,000 pounds. Whether they are actually getting that, I don't know. As much as I love mine, I would have a tough time turning down 20,000 pounds (28K USD)!

I've found that eBay listings rarely seem to end in a sale. I'm not sure if that's because there isn't a high demand, or they are so expensive that people feel uncomfortable buying off eBay and would prefer an "official" dealer.

Best of luck! Please let us know how it goes. Some of us (like me!) are very curious about the resale market for these.

Bo