Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri December 15th, 2017, 23:40 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed September 16th, 2015, 21:58 GMT 

I've been spending a bit of time recently helping a friend choose and buy a Dylan litho (he eventually went for the 2012 medium traintracks in blue). During this this time i viewed a lot of the artwork Dyaln has released since the original Drawn Blank series in 2008 (when I bought my traintracks). Being a massive fan of his music for over 30 years I suppose i react to his art through a particular prism. Overall i think there are a few very good pieces, many average works and a few that patently don't work. However, without really looking for it, one particular piece really stands out as being extremely Dylanesque and in fact, beguilingly brilliant, in a way that none of his other lithographs are (and I'm including all the versions of traintracks in that assessment). And to compound the issue, none of the online reproductions of this piece come anywhere near close to revealing the sheer Dylanesque genius which I'm talking about, which you can see when looking at the original piece.

I'm talking about the 2014 version of Woman in the Red Lion Pub. The other versions of this piece are so-so in my humble opinion. But there's something about the fluid line-work, the blue shading, and specifically the lady's hair, which is so intrinsically Dylanesque in this latest version, that i'm astounded.

This is for reference only, as the picture is a very pale representation of what the original looks like:

http://www.castlegalleries.com/art/woma ... n-pub-2014

Does anyone else have this piece, or have seen it in the flesh and agree with my sentiments?