Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue November 21st, 2017, 23:08 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat April 22nd, 2017, 19:46 GMT 

Not sure if this has been covered in another thread ? Ref Dylan on your Wall (C.Darwin)

No surprises as to which piece I have.
Man On A Bridge 2016, always wanted to own one of Dylan's pieces and decided to take the plunge last year. Just need to have the picture framed.

I also love the Train Tracks, Woman in Red Lion Pub, Sunflowers amongst others.

Would like to know who has what ?

moab

PostPosted: Sun April 23rd, 2017, 10:56 GMT 
Promethium Member

While I have none of the signed prints, I have on my walls the framed posters of Dylan's first ever art exhibition in Chemnitz (Man On A Bridge & Woman In Red Lion Pub), as well as those from the Brazil Series show (Rainforest & the Favela one w/ the clothes line). Not on the wall are the two posters that were available from the Face Value exhibition. A smaller poster of a different version of Man On A Bridge from one of the UK shows awaits framing. I'm not into buying signatures, so I'm happy enough with those. Also on the walls in LP frames, Music From Big Pink, Self Portrait, Planet Waves and the back cover of Infidels.

PostPosted: Sun April 23rd, 2017, 12:59 GMT 

I have collected several of the prints over the years (my folks have a few more, and my brother has two); it's amazing to see the increase in valuation for some of them (Sunday Afternoon 2014, for example--1500 up to 4750). I'm not sure how difficult it would be to sell them for anywhere near the valuation, but I don't plan to sell any of them too soon anyway.

Downstairs, I have 23 of the concert posters from shows I attended framed and up on the walls. I need to start a thread one of these days on the Tour page to ask if anyone has any of the posters I'm missing....grave

PostPosted: Wed May 10th, 2017, 21:05 GMT 

It seems we are the only three who own any Bob Dylan art then? :lol:
Perhaps Bob has bought all the rest :lol:

moab

PostPosted: Thu May 11th, 2017, 14:28 GMT 

Haha...from what I have been told, Bob generally keeps the first 20-30 numbered copies for himself. I'm not sure if he gives them away as presents or just stores them somewhere. And then another 10-20 might be taken by galleries around the world that want them for exhibits in the future. After that, I know they often want 75-100 (in the releases that have 295 images; the Silkscreen release is more limited all around) sold as complete sets, which assumes some collectors with a good amount of money. Then it finally comes down to folks like me who pick up an image here and there, just to make my day better as I walk around the house! I would guess that there are more ERers with images, but maybe they don't check this forum too often....grave

PostPosted: Fri May 19th, 2017, 15:12 GMT 

I nearly bought a 2012 Train Tracks print when those were released. I still think about how dumb I was not to go through with the purchase. For Christmas last year we bought ourselves the 2016 Sidewalk Cafe. I really love it. It reminds me of the 3 years I lived in Europe.

PostPosted: Fri May 19th, 2017, 17:26 GMT 

Planet Waves and Big Pink is all. I don't have any Robert Rauschenberg records, though.

PostPosted: Sat May 20th, 2017, 10:13 GMT 

mvrox wrote:
I nearly bought a 2012 Train Tracks print when those were released. I still think about how dumb I was not to go through with the purchase. For Christmas last year we bought ourselves the 2016 Sidewalk Cafe. I really love it. It reminds me of the 3 years I lived in Europe.

I almost went for the Sidewalk Cafe, it was either that or Sunflowers, they both sold and then moab (2016) came up so I grabbed that.
Still recovering financially from it, but its a great piece
Hopefully having Man on a Bridge framed very soon. I have a flyer with the train tracks on which is signed.

moab

PostPosted: Sat May 27th, 2017, 19:17 GMT 

Update.. have taken my Man on a Bridge in for framing and a pic of Bob as well. Really excited !!
I haven't looked at moab for a while so to see it while i was discussing framing options with the framer, realised how great these giclee prints are!!

JP - just read your post again, think you need to have your moab poster framed. Like me, you'll feel a whole lot better when its done :D :D

moab

PostPosted: Sat May 27th, 2017, 22:18 GMT 

It's definitely fun to get the works framed. I typically do not open the packages until at the framer, so it's my first time of seeing the works in person. And then I have to wait another few weeks to see them again, once they are framed.

I saw the link on the homepage to the ebay selling of Endless Highway; it will be interesting to see where the auction ends....grave

PostPosted: Sat May 27th, 2017, 22:36 GMT 

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing it framed, probably take about a week or so. Spent quite a long time picking the right frame and a decision on whether it needed a mount or not ?
Think I've made the right choice of frame.

I noticed Endless Highway on ebay as well

moab

PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 12:45 GMT 

I have the bicycle, rose on the hillside , and the fisherman.

PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 20:50 GMT 

Hi Lilyofthewest,

Welcome to ER :D

Have you had any of those framed ?

moab

PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 15:39 GMT 

yes they are all framed very nicely

PostPosted: Sat October 28th, 2017, 04:36 GMT 

I have Train Tracks 2014 and the small edition of Endless Highway that came in a flight case. The former is framed and proudly hanging front and center in my small apartment. The latter is still in its case, largely due to a lack of wall space!

Love both of them.

PostPosted: Sat October 28th, 2017, 15:07 GMT 

Is there any doubt among anyone that Bob doesn't actually sign his artwork that is being sold?

PostPosted: Sat October 28th, 2017, 21:55 GMT 

I'm fairly certain that he does sign the paintings, also the fact that reputable galleries support his work.
I've been an autograph collector for many years and if you study a persons autograph and do some research you eventually can differentiate between fake pieces and genuine. There is a confidence in a persons signature that you learn with time.
Having said that I have seen many Bob Dylan ones and they are very tricky indeed. Also given that Bob signs with both hands and can be so different. One of the reasons I invested in one of his prints.
I own two other Bob signatures and pretty sure they are real but look very different.
There are many fakes out there which even to the untrained eye stand out a mile.
Rule of thumb is if its too good to be true then it probably is !!
I use the paintings signature as a good template and comparison piece

moab

PostPosted: Sat October 28th, 2017, 22:47 GMT 

Just wondering if anyone else had an opinion. I own four of his prints now. I recently saw a signature that was advertised from the 60s that was from a reputable person that looks exactly how he signs now. I'm just wasn't sure if you thought he takes the time to sign everyone? I think Picasso had a son that did some autographs for him towards the end of his career.

PostPosted: Sun October 29th, 2017, 03:01 GMT 

Yeah - I was a bit disappointed when I saw the signature on my Train Tracks as the 2nd ‘b’ doesn’t have an upstroke - it looks like Boo Dylan!
Bought from Castle Galleries - I’m sure it’s pukka - in fact it’s such a poor attempt at his signature that only he could have done it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 19:22 GMT 

As mentioned above, the publisher and galleries working with these prints give me a great deal of confidence that they are hand-signed by Bob. Even the galleries around the world that purchase the full sets for future display someday provides confidence, as I'm sure they have their experts who demand authenticity.

I also agree with how different the signatures can be, even on these prints. I have quite a few, and when one arrives in the mail, I'm always a bit nervous about how the signature will look....grave