Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

How private are private messages?
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74501
Page 1 of 1

Author:  oldmanemu [ Sun February 17th, 2013, 21:53 GMT ]
Post subject:  How private are private messages?

Every so often when I go to check my private messages I find a message telling me that at least one private message has been moved due to filters or something.
Surely I should be allowed to judge for myself. When I consider what has been sent to me in some pms any that have been removed must be extreme.
Mods I am a mature person, very little in a pm would shock or upset me. If I did not like it I would just leave it!

Author:  raging_glory [ Sun February 17th, 2013, 22:18 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

That just means (I think) you've surpassed the ER storage limit of 100 (I think) messages, so the oldest one was removed to allow room for a new one.

Author:  oldmanemu [ Sun February 17th, 2013, 22:40 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

raging_glory wrote:
That just means (I think) you've surpassed the ER storage limit of 100 (I think) messages, so the oldest one was removed to allow room for a new one.

thanks , that eases my mind.

Author:  BostonAreaBobFan [ Sun February 17th, 2013, 22:57 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

There are 2 things that happen when you get a "PM removed" message:

1) the sender deleted it before your read it.

2) As r_g indicated, you can only store so many PMs. I think it's something like a 100 message capacity in each box: inbox, sent box, drafts, etc. You can set your preferences to tell you that you've reached your maximum storage before the system deletes the oldest one, or you can just set your preference so that it will automatically delete the oldest one when you've reached capacity.

Moderators don't have the capacity to access private messages, nor do we desire to be able to invade a user's privacy. :wink:

Author:  oldmanemu [ Mon February 18th, 2013, 01:40 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
There are 2 things that happen when you get a "PM removed" message:

1) the sender deleted it before your read it.

2) As r_g indicated, you can only store so many PMs. I think it's something like a 100 message capacity in each box: inbox, sent box, drafts, etc. You can set your preferences to tell you that you've reached your maximum storage before the system deletes the oldest one, or you can just set your preference so that it will automatically delete the oldest one when you've reached capacity.

Moderators don't have the capacity to access private messages, nor do we desire to be able to invade a user's privacy. :wink:

Thank you also.

Author:  P. Pittsburgh Joe [ Wed March 13th, 2013, 23:07 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

I can see all of your private messages.

Not to worry, I only look at the ones with nude pictures.

Author:  oldmanemu [ Wed March 13th, 2013, 23:14 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

P. Pittsburgh Joe wrote:
I can see all of your private messages.

Not to worry, I only look at the ones with nude pictures.

then you have not looked at any of mine.

Author:  smoke [ Wed March 13th, 2013, 23:53 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

Till now :wink:

Author:  thickboy [ Thu March 14th, 2013, 00:23 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

I don't mind if female lady forum members get the urge to PM me with undraped photos of themselves... I for one appreciate the beauty of our foxy babes who contribute to ER in a sensationally sultry seductive way... bravo all you foxy vixens... x

Author:  Peggy Night [ Sat March 16th, 2013, 08:33 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: How private are private messages?

LOL

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/