Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

Moderators, In Your Spare Time
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72591
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Untrodden Path [ Sat October 13th, 2012, 00:28 GMT ]
Post subject:  Moderators, In Your Spare Time

We are simply getting too many threads and its impossible to stay up with everything. In their spare time I think the Moderators should begin combining duplicate threads into one thread. For example, all the threads about a particular song or album should be combined into one so that a person can use it as a research source if necessary. Can you have this done by Monday? It should reduce the current 813 pages considerably.

Thanks (in advance) for doing this for us. :D

Author:  oldmanemu [ Sat October 13th, 2012, 00:58 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

I do not see it as a problem.

Author:  Johanna Parker [ Sat October 13th, 2012, 01:08 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

We don't have Moderators, we just have Moderators now. :wink:

Author:  SirDogg [ Sat October 13th, 2012, 08:44 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

8)

Author:  jimb727 [ Sat October 13th, 2012, 20:36 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

Untrodden Path wrote:
We are simply getting too many threads and its impossible to stay up with everything. In their spare time I think the Moderators should begin combining duplicate threads into one thread. For example, all the threads about a particular song or album should be combined into one so that a person can use it as a research source if necessary. Can you have this done by Monday? It should reduce the current 813 pages considerably.

Thanks (in advance) for doing this for us. :D


I fail to see why it should take that long!! I mean we're only talking 800+ pages at 20+ threads a page. I think by tonight should certainly be doable. If the mods aren't slackers that is. :?

Author:  slimtimslide [ Sat October 13th, 2012, 20:47 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

Moderation in all things they say... I disagree, nothing exceeds like excess. Why are we paying these demi-gods if not to serve our every whim? Why don't they provide room service? We want the world and we want it yesterday.

Author:  oldmanemu [ Sun October 14th, 2012, 00:12 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

The moderators all do a difficult job with very little thanks . I do not think we need to add to their work load.

Author:  slimtimslide [ Sun October 14th, 2012, 01:17 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

and yet we do.....

Author:  isis7475 [ Sun October 14th, 2012, 03:27 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

Thankyou Moderators ....

:D
8)
:)

Author:  slimtimslide [ Sun October 14th, 2012, 04:55 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

Don't crawl! make them BEG! The only person who should really moderate this forum is our senior member. I rest my cassock.

Author:  SirDogg [ Sun October 14th, 2012, 19:17 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

I'll wave my wand and see what happens! :P

Author:  thickboy [ Sun October 14th, 2012, 21:59 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

I don't give a damn what anybody thinks... and I am not ashamed nor embarrassed to say it, either... I think that the moderators on this forum are nothing short of wonderful... they are just like real folk.

They have dedicated their lives to ensuring that we all behave... yes, some are bone-idle,lazy layabouts... and some, and it has to be said, have serious hygiene issues... and I know for sure that most of them are mean to homeless folk and old people... but's let's forget about that... at the end of the day, when all is said and done, they still give a lot of their time to ensuring that this forum remains the greatest of forums since the fall of the Roman Empire.

If I could, I would like to spend an evening dancing provocatively closely to the lady moderators and an evening quaffing beers with the male mods.

Three cheers for ER's wonderful mods!

I love you mods!

Author:  oldmanemu [ Sun October 14th, 2012, 22:38 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

thickboy wrote:
I don't give a damn what anybody thinks... and I am not ashamed nor embarrassed to say it, either... I think that the moderators on this forum are nothing short of wonderful... they are just like real folk.

They have dedicated their lives to ensuring that we all behave... yes, some are bone-idle,lazy layabouts... and some, and it has to be said, have serious hygiene issues... and I know for sure that most of them are mean to homeless folk and old people... but's let's forget about that... at the end of the day, when all is said and done, they still give a lot of their time to ensuring that this forum remains the greatest of forums since the fall of the Roman Empire.

If I could, I would like to spend an evening dancing provocatively closely to the lady moderators and an evening quaffing beers with the male mods.

Three cheers for ER's wonderful mods!

I love you mods!

here here!

Author:  Untrodden Path [ Mon October 15th, 2012, 00:57 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

The Moderators are great, no arguments here.

But the topic is about, for example, combining the 256 threads about Tempest into one thread... and so forth. Some of the songs have eight and ten threads through the years... put them into one and by the time all the multiple threads are combined we'll be down to about 100 pages of threads. Much more manageable.

Can this be done by this afternoon?

Author:  oldmanemu [ Mon October 15th, 2012, 02:21 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

Untrodden Path wrote:
The Moderators are great, no arguments here.

But the topic is about, for example, combining the 256 threads about Tempest into one thread... and so forth. Some of the songs have eight and ten threads through the years... put them into one and by the time all the multiple threads are combined we'll be down to about 100 pages of threads. Much more manageable.

Can this be done by this afternoon?

The threads would be too bulky . Each of the tempest threads concerns a particular aspect of or about tempest and is best left as is.

Author:  jimb727 [ Mon October 15th, 2012, 14:46 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

I'm thinking of starting a thread on the letter "T." It's significance in Dylan's catalogue and why he may have chosen to begin the title of his latest effort with this significant letter in relation to the history of music in the pantheon of human interest and endeavor.

Would that be a problem?

Author:  doomedtoloveyou [ Mon October 15th, 2012, 17:14 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

^^ ^^ :lol:
That should be in the "Post of the Week" thread!!

Author:  smoke [ Mon October 15th, 2012, 18:03 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

oldmanemu wrote:
Untrodden Path wrote:
The Moderators are great, no arguments here.

But the topic is about, for example, combining the 256 threads about Tempest into one thread... and so forth. Some of the songs have eight and ten threads through the years... put them into one and by the time all the multiple threads are combined we'll be down to about 100 pages of threads. Much more manageable.

Can this be done by this afternoon?

The threads would be too bulky . Each of the tempest threads concerns a particular aspect of or about tempest and is best left as is.



I agree.

And I think a thread on the Letter T is completely within bounds as well.

Author:  thickboy [ Mon October 15th, 2012, 23:17 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

I have always thought fondly of the letter 'T'... it's a lovely letter, well balanced and smart, yet easily accessible to all... without doubt on of my all time favourite letters... and very, very under-rated.

Author:  supermabel1 [ Mon October 15th, 2012, 23:26 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

oldmanemu wrote:
The moderators all do a difficult job with very little thanks . I do not think we need to add to their work load.


isis7475 wrote:
Thankyou Moderators ....

:D
8)
:)


oldmanemu wrote:
thickboy wrote:
I don't give a damn what anybody thinks... and I am not ashamed nor embarrassed to say it, either... I think that the moderators on this forum are nothing short of wonderful... they are just like real folk.

They have dedicated their lives to ensuring that we all behave... yes, some are bone-idle,lazy layabouts... and some, and it has to be said, have serious hygiene issues... and I know for sure that most of them are mean to homeless folk and old people... but's let's forget about that... at the end of the day, when all is said and done, they still give a lot of their time to ensuring that this forum remains the greatest of forums since the fall of the Roman Empire.

If I could, I would like to spend an evening dancing provocatively closely to the lady moderators and an evening quaffing beers with the male mods.

Three cheers for ER's wonderful mods!

I love you mods!

here here!


Untrodden Path wrote:
The Moderators are great, no arguments here.


Moderating: it's a thankless task :( :shock: :mrgreen:

Author:  oldmanemu [ Tue October 16th, 2012, 05:48 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

jimb727 wrote:
I'm thinking of starting a thread on the letter "T." It's significance in Dylan's catalogue and why he may have chosen to begin the title of his latest effort with this significant letter in relation to the history of music in the pantheon of human interest and endeavor.

Would that be a problem?

also "Time Out Of Mind" Begins With T . However I feel that Z is a more signifigant lettrerr in his life.

Author:  the_revelator [ Wed October 17th, 2012, 20:47 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

jimb727 wrote:
I'm thinking of starting a thread on the letter "T." It's significance in Dylan's catalogue and why he may have chosen to begin the title of his latest effort with this significant letter in relation to the history of music in the pantheon of human interest and endeavor.

Would that be a problem?



Can't wait!

Author:  jimb727 [ Wed October 17th, 2012, 21:13 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

Bear with me I'm doing the research.

You have no idea.

Author:  jimb727 [ Wed October 17th, 2012, 21:17 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

Haa!

Just before I made this^ post I thought is it bare or bear. I really had to think about it. So what do you do in the computer age? I googled it. Turns out there are entire sites dedicated to this question!! :shock:

Talk about your research :P

As to the answer........I'll get back to you.

Author:  thickboy [ Wed October 17th, 2012, 23:06 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Moderators, In Your Spare Time

jimb727 wrote:
Haa!

Just before I made this^ post I thought is it bare or bear. I really had to think about it. So what do you do in the computer age? I googled it. Turns out there are entire sites dedicated to this question!! :shock:

Talk about your research :P

As to the answer........I'll get back to you.


:lol: :lol: :lol: ... your posts are all ways... all ways a total joy to read... you have a wonderful sense of humour... absolutely fantastic.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/