Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

Search
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=59850
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Untrodden Path [ Thu June 16th, 2011, 16:06 GMT ]
Post subject:  Search

Help!!!

I read an interesting post sometime back but, for the life of me, I cannot remember the author, subject or thread... I only vaguely remember that it was a really good post. The only word I remember from the post is "the" but when I tried a search for "the" the results were completely unmanageable. Any ideas on how I can find the elusive post? (Without reading every word of every thread...) :?

Author:  stephenoxford [ Thu June 16th, 2011, 16:12 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

Ok... try searching for the word "transubstantiation"; you will then only have four matches to choose from!

Author:  Untrodden Path [ Thu June 16th, 2011, 16:16 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

I tried "transubstantiation" as you instructed and found five results... but none of those were what I was looking for... :(

Thank you for the help...

Author:  stephenoxford [ Thu June 16th, 2011, 16:42 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

OK, thanks for the reply. You probably mean to look for Antidisestablishmentarianism; then you only have two places to look!

Author:  Johanna Parker [ Thu June 16th, 2011, 17:15 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

Stop it right there, UP.

Author:  Mister.Jones [ Thu June 16th, 2011, 22:03 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

A trick I use in similar situations when i cant remember anything about an interesting post is to try standing one leg with a piece of fruit on your head while concentrating on your watchband. The location of the post should soon cone back you

Author:  Untrodden Path [ Thu June 16th, 2011, 23:37 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

stephenoxford wrote:
OK, thanks for the reply. You probably mean to look for Antidisestablishmentarianism; then you only have two places to look!
When I looked up Antidisestablishmentarianism I found it had been in three posts rather than two... :?

this is so confusing... but I'm sorry to say, none of those were the thread I was looking for.
Mister.Jones wrote:
A trick I use in similar situations when i cant remember anything about an interesting post is to try standing one leg with a piece of fruit on your head while concentrating on your watchband. The location of the post should soon cone back you
I've been doing this for nearly an hour and a half and its not working... and my leg is getting tired... and my wife is beginning to think I look like an idiot...

Any other ideas?

Author:  Troubadour64 [ Fri June 17th, 2011, 00:01 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

Go find your camera to find out if you may have forgetfully taken a picture of the experience, something i frequently do when I find i'm experiencing something worthwhile. if you find that you did not, keep the camera at your side, while you scan through ER archives. Begin scanning posts in a very thorough way until you come across posts that seem familiar to the one you previously enjoyed. then start taking pictures of the ones that seem most interesting - to prevent finding yourself in this circumstance again. when you are done, you should have found your post, photographed it, and anything that resembles it. be sure to keep a charger, those damn camera batteries drain fast. get a couple shoe boxes to save all the prints i'm sure you'll want to make. to get those you may need to buy some shoes. I have found such purchases to be worthwhile investments though, because shoeboxes are versatile, functional, and durable.

Author:  Lily Rose [ Fri June 17th, 2011, 02:53 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

Time Travel

Author:  thickboy [ Fri June 17th, 2011, 22:35 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

Untrodden Path wrote:
Help!!!

I read an interesting post sometime back but, for the life of me, I cannot remember the author, subject or thread... I only vaguely remember that it was a really good post. The only word I remember from the post is "the" but when I tried a search for "the" the results were completely unmanageable. Any ideas on how I can find the elusive post? (Without reading every word of every thread...) :?


Have you tried self-hypnosis?... try and take yourself hypnotically back to the moment you read the post in question... then write down the name of the poster and title of the thread while still under your own hypnotic trance... then once you have managed to wake up from your self-induced hypnotic state, you should find it relatively easy to search for it again, as you will have the right information to help narrow the search.

Author:  Lily Rose [ Sat June 18th, 2011, 10:49 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

thickboy wrote:
Untrodden Path wrote:
Help!!!

I read an interesting post sometime back but, for the life of me, I cannot remember the author, subject or thread... I only vaguely remember that it was a really good post. The only word I remember from the post is "the" but when I tried a search for "the" the results were completely unmanageable. Any ideas on how I can find the elusive post? (Without reading every word of every thread...) :?


Have you tried self-hypnosis?... try and take yourself hypnotically back to the moment you read the post in question... then write down the name of the poster and title of the thread while still under your own hypnotic trance... then once you have managed to wake up from your self-induced hypnotic state, you should find it relatively easy to search for it again, as you will have the right information to help narrow the search.

That is a great idea.... and it has a couple of other advantages..... you might just not come out of it, it which case it doesn't matter if the search doesn't work..... or while under you can tell yourself that you really didn't want to find the silly "the" post in first place which will also solve the whole problem..... :P

Author:  Untrodden Path [ Sun June 26th, 2011, 12:14 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Search

thickboy wrote:
Untrodden Path wrote:
Help!!!

I read an interesting post sometime back but, for the life of me, I cannot remember the author, subject or thread... I only vaguely remember that it was a really good post. The only word I remember from the post is "the" but when I tried a search for "the" the results were completely unmanageable. Any ideas on how I can find the elusive post? (Without reading every word of every thread...) :?


Have you tried self-hypnosis?... try and take yourself hypnotically back to the moment you read the post in question... then write down the name of the poster and title of the thread while still under your own hypnotic trance... then once you have managed to wake up from your self-induced hypnotic state, you should find it relatively easy to search for it again, as you will have the right information to help narrow the search.
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

I tried this and came up with Johnnie Ray and Guys, I need your help. I did the search and much to my surprise!!! His post was about... are you ready for this???

Dream recall and self-hypnosis!!! :shock:

thickboy, do you read minds?

Thanks for you help. It's greatly appreciated and now I can finally sleep again at night.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/