Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 23rd, 2014, 05:55 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 18th, 2011, 03:14 GMT 

"You cannot make another post so soon after your last". The most annoying thing on the internet is this crap. Sorry but I am not looking to set records posting. But if I have thoughts about a couple of subjects and they are quick. Why the hell do I have to wait a minute. Give me a break about people posting more. It's just x annoying. I post the same amount as I would. I just get pissed doing it. I am sure most agree with me. Get rid of this crap!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 18th, 2011, 03:23 GMT 
Titanium Member

dear moderators,

this would be a perfect time to plug your 'recommended ways to affect positive change at ER' guidelines. has that gone to print yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 18th, 2011, 03:28 GMT 

Questions and Suggestions regarding the ER forums

Hello.

PostPosted: Wed May 18th, 2011, 03:44 GMT 

mjeff wrote:
"You cannot make another post so soon after your last". The most annoying thing on the internet is this crap. Sorry but I am not looking to set records posting. But if I have thoughts about a couple of subjects and they are quick. Why the hell do I have to wait a minute. Give me a break about people posting more. It's just x annoying. I post the same amount as I would. I just get pissed doing it. I am sure most agree with me. Get rid of this crap!!!

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

PostPosted: Wed May 18th, 2011, 03:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

It's there to limit how much of a mess a spammer or troll can make.

I've never noticed it while posting in the forum, but it extends to PM's which can be annoying. Also, if you send a PM and then try to post in the forum, you have to wait.

PostPosted: Wed August 31st, 2011, 20:05 GMT 

UkuleleElvis wrote:
mjeff wrote:

"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

Ha ha ha :lol:

PostPosted: Thu September 1st, 2011, 04:05 GMT 
Promethium Member

Three legged man wrote:

I've never noticed it while posting in the forum, but it extends to PM's which can be annoying. Also, if you send a PM and then try to post in the forum, you have to wait.
Are you sure about this? I had heard every post is scanned by the CIA for sensitive or terrorist material. All of this was post 9/11. Its the closest they could get to "frisking" people online.

PostPosted: Thu September 1st, 2011, 17:55 GMT 
Mercury Member

Untrodden Path wrote:
Three legged man wrote:

Are you sure about this? I had heard every post is scanned by the CIA for sensitive or terrorist material. All of this was post 9/11. Its the closest they could get to "frisking" people online.

Oh, so that is that little tickle feeling I get every time I click submit!!! :P

But TLM is right, it does also apply in the PM posts..... a post is a post is a post..... regardless of where you post.... but I noticed that you don't get to count PM posts in your overall count....... I would have bunches more..... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri September 2nd, 2011, 13:14 GMT 

I have been trying to clean up my private messages, and can't get them to delete. This is what I have done and it isn't working:

I select (just say) the "in" box...then i go to the page where each message is listed by subject line, sender, etc. On the right side of that page is a box you can check...so I check the messages I want to delete....at the bottom of that line on the right-hand side there is a little menu and I highlight the one that says delete (or something similar)...but NOTHING HAPPENS!

I don't want the computer to dump messages at random when it gets up to 100 but i can't figure out a way to do it myself. HELP !

PostPosted: Fri September 2nd, 2011, 16:57 GMT 

I don't like it that you can't see your old PMs. Is there anyway to see past the 100 you have? Yes, it is annoying that you have to wait to post another comment, but other than that, I love this site! Love, Joanna XOXOXO :D :D

PostPosted: Fri September 2nd, 2011, 17:59 GMT 
Mercury Member

Queen Anne Lace wrote:
I have been trying to clean up my private messages, and can't get them to delete. This is what I have done and it isn't working:

I select (just say) the "in" box...then i go to the page where each message is listed by subject line, sender, etc. On the right side of that page is a box you can check...so I check the messages I want to delete....at the bottom of that line on the right-hand side there is a little menu and I highlight the one that says delete (or something similar)...but NOTHING HAPPENS!

I don't want the computer to dump messages at random when it gets up to 100 but i can't figure out a way to do it myself. HELP !

Move the ones that you want to keep over to the "saved folder" .... and if you run out of room in that one.... make another folder (like "Saved 1) and save there...... then you don't have to worry about the ones that are left.... just let them age off.....

PostPosted: Fri September 2nd, 2011, 19:26 GMT 

^That is a great idea, Lily! I don't know if I am stupid or just lazy where computers are concerned but it seems like I always have problems with the little things.

I am on the computer all day at work and can run our data base, etc....but for things I am not familiar with?...forget about it! For example, I have a new laptop and I know darn well that microsoft windows was installed in it by Dell (at Round Rock, BTW 8))...anyway....I wanted to type something and couldn't find MS Word...in fact, I couldn't find any of the microsoft programs.

Guess I will get the high school boy who is a wizard on computers to come over this weekend and show me somethings about my Dell.

Thanks for the advice...I'll give it a try with the saved folders and let you know how it goes. I am so used to cleaning out my own email that I didn't realize this program can work differently.

PostPosted: Sat September 3rd, 2011, 01:26 GMT 

QAL, after you highlight delete, do you press "go"...that may be your problem...you must pass Go...sorry, you won't collect $200.00 :wink:

PostPosted: Sat September 3rd, 2011, 02:00 GMT 

Thanks, besotted. Thanks to some extremely detailed instructions from Lily Rose, I think I've got the PM situation under control!