Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 07:03 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can't access old account
PostPosted: Mon January 16th, 2017, 09:40 GMT 

Hi
I'm not sure who to contact but I can't seem to access my old account anymore as I've forgotton my password and I don't receive any emails when I click to request a new one..
have I been deleted from the database or something?
Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon January 16th, 2017, 10:54 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Hi Mark,
Your old account is still active as far as I can see, though it shows you last visited in July 2016, is that about right?. It might be that the password emails are going to an old email address and not to your current one, if it's possible for you to check that then that's your next move.
In the meantime I'll see if can find out anything more.

PostPosted: Mon January 16th, 2017, 11:28 GMT 

charlesdarwin wrote:
Hi Mark,
Your old account is still active as far as I can see, though it shows you last visited in July 2016, is that about right?. It might be that the password emails are going to an old email address and not to your current one, if it's possible for you to check that then that's your next move.
In the meantime I'll see if can find out anything more.

Many thanks for your help :) Yeah that sounds about right.. although I do visit regularly, I just haven't been logged in.

Ah I hope it isn't registered to another email as I don't have access to any old emails anymore. Is there a way someone could reset it for me?

Last edited by charlesdarwin on Mon January 16th, 2017, 23:18 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
To remove personal information.

PostPosted: Mon January 16th, 2017, 23:22 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Moderators don't have the tools to reset passwords, I'm afraid. I will check with admin whether they are able to do so, your new email address is recorded. I would persever with your new username for now. Welcome back to active participation, anything else, just post here your posts still need to be approved, until then are they are only visible to mods and admin for the moment.

PostPosted: Thu June 1st, 2017, 20:56 GMT 

Ditto as to the above query. I can't reset password on old account, email is defunct. Please delete previous account ... this one will do.

PostPosted: Thu June 1st, 2017, 21:21 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Hi wowbobwow, welcome back.

If you haven't already, please read the the forum Terms of Use as you sign up to those when you decide to register.

I will delete your old defunct account.

PostPosted: Thu June 1st, 2017, 21:28 GMT 

Thanks.

As to [b]ยง2.5[,/b] " excessive use of caps, exclamation marks, or 'chat' in the ER forums is undesirable "

is more than one exclamation mark forbidden? and what is meant by "chat in the ER forums is undesirable"?

PostPosted: Thu June 1st, 2017, 22:00 GMT 
Senior Moderator

There are no arcane rules that you need to worry about here, just join in the discussions and post coherently, if any problems should arise they can always be sorted out amicably.