Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri April 18th, 2014, 08:16 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 04:50 GMT 

I seem to have missed the entire meltdown of ER; not sure where I was when all this was happening.

I support 3LM.--Gerry

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 05:14 GMT 

I said it before ( :mrgreen: ) and I'll say it again: Aye Matey! for 3LM.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 05:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

The Mighty Monkey Of Mim wrote:
I have a bit of difficulty believing it is a pervasive enough problem that there is a need for sweeping restrictions across the board. If there are certain individuals creating problems on a consistent basis, they should be dealt with individually. It's the old bit about a few bad apples spoiling things for all, etc.

I agree with that 100%.

I've gotten into arguments with folks on here and I know we've started things that have gotten pretty heated and would be against the new terms of use, but I don't think it's anything that any of us should have been banned for, and I think they probably feel the same way about me. I would hope so anyway. The way I speak (and type) on here is a part of my personality and would be an extremely hard thing for me to change.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 05:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

Hell no, you, in particular, are a menace to the boards, Spades! You should be banned immediately if not sooner

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 05:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

Bob Zimmerman wrote:
Hell no, you, in particular, are a menace to the boards, Spades! You should be banned immediately if not sooner

I know you're only mean because you love me. :P

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 05:48 GMT 
Titanium Member

I sent you to your room once. It was good for you.

Wait, we can't talk about that stuff because of the moderator!!! :oops:

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 06:05 GMT 
Someone pointed out to me that as long as the board is down, no one can access the memorial fund for slimtim's daughter. Could someone who has that information put it back up here so that doesn't get lost in the shuffle while the forum is down? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 06:45 GMT 

Yes, good point, if it's possible to repost the slimtide donation info here that will be great.

I just want to say that irrespective of anyone's personal take on the events of the past week, the result was that it made everyone pretty miserable and it needed to end. I see so many relationships that were kindled on this board: short & long term, stormy & serene, on again & off again, some casually friendly, some much deeper, much like a family. Everyone's had a prissy aunt, a flirtatious cousin or a grumpy curmudgeon of a grandfather. If you don't find something to appreciate in each of them life isn't nearly as colorful or interesting.

I'm not much for a nuthouse but I sure do love a circus. Can't wait for it to come back to town.

And off topic: 3LM, I love Schlitzie, wish I'd thought of him first :lol:

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 07:54 GMT 

I have no idea what last week's "revolt" was about. :cry: I hope this break won't take long (cause I'm somewhat addicted to ER) although I think the moderators deserve a long holiday!
P.s.: Yes, I'm right behind you 3LM. And I mean that in a nice way ofcourse. :lol:
Greetings to you all. Hope to 'see' you again soon.

Anya.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 08:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

Listened to "Can't Wait" this morning, and realised it was about the closing down of ER! Whatever the outcome, I shall remain loyal to all on here, mods and friends and givers and takers. This place enriches my life.. and I miss it already..(I got more work done yesterday in the Library that ever before!) :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 08:37 GMT 

Three legged man wrote:
All I ask to those who like to post there is try not to post mean things about the people who post here. I know it's impossible to control this kind of stuff but even if some of the people here are quirky, it doesn't mean it's okay to trash their online identity.

I agree with you there.

But then again, this sort of thing was hardly happening at all before you called on all E.R.'s who wanted to find more freedom to go to ATU.
You have repeatedly posted links to ATU and you have repeatedly represented it as E.R.'s Outcast Club.
It's only after you started encouraging people from here to go over to ATU that this sort of posts have started to pop up.
You've used ATU to outsource all criticism and sarcasm that were generated after Bloodhound's ban ... so you shouldn't be suprised to find a lot of E.R. criticism and sarcasm there now. You asked for it to get there and it did.
You got what you asked for.

Personally I hope this trend will die out soon and we can get the E.R.-drama behind us on ATU.

Three legged man wrote:
If people must do it, then I ask that the forum be modified so that it's log-in only to view. Nobody cares what goes on with the door shut.

Just recently you've stated that ATU is outside of E.R.-jurisdiction, so who are you to ask anything from ATU at all?
You mis-represented ATU as E.R.-freakshow without ever consulting members from ATU - you've told me in a pm that you were a long-time member yourself so I'm sure you had a pretty accurate idea of who was on the board.
First you send us your trouble, than you ask us to behave according to your views? Don't you think that that's really arrogant yourself?

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 08:41 GMT 

I support 3LM's plan. BTW, I come here for Dylan stuff, recordings etc. do we need the off issue forum (if that's the one that's causing all the trouble) ?

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 09:46 GMT 

3LM sounds reasonable enough to me! Let's get this show on the road again before the tour starts. I miss the 'Visions' thread by the way :oops:

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 10:11 GMT 

I support 3LM and the rest of the staff.

I've been a member since 2006, but not very active until this spring/early summer. So, I'm neither a newbie nor a senior member, perhaps something in between - however, although I haven't written that much, I have read a lot and followed many discussions as a "passive bystander", and I like this site a lot. It really shows that ER has been around for a while, the place has established itself as a reliable Dylan haven of sorts. And it has got the potential of getting even better.

I hope things work out for ER and its members. It's a nice place.

Every site and/or forum has its problems now and then. Being admin & mod at another discussion board, I have experienced difficulties and turbulence at times - and I must say, things usually work out. They really do.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 10:50 GMT 

i know this has been posted before, but i can't seem to find it right now. in case someone's also looking for it:

30 July 2005: Amphitheater, Maryhill Winery, Goldendale, Washington

1. Maggie's Farm
2. If You See Her, Say Hello
3. Watching The River Flow
4. To Ramona
5. Cold Irons Bound
6. Lay Lady Lay
7. Honest With Me
8. I'll Remember You
9. Bye And Bye
10. Highway 61 Revisited
11. Boots Of Spanish Leather
12. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
13. Not Dark Yet
14. Summer Days
15. It Ain't Me, Babe
16. Like A Rolling Stone

http://rapidshare.com/files/246195046/A ... dendal.zip

enjoy!

tom.paine

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 11:28 GMT 

I support you 3LM! -ER is not just a stupid Bob Dylan message forum, and for me it is
certainly a part of my real life, it inspirer me to do things for others, and it is nearly
full of nice people, with a great sense of humour and no-mean sarcasm.
Lets get rid of the few rotten apples, who find pleasure in being mean and childish.
Please remember that not all of us has english as our main language,when the spelling
faults,etc., is creeping in to our posts.Thanks.
What is or means ATU?
What is a Titanium member, and how do you become that? It sounds a little dangerous
to me.
Its all good. Mr.Frank

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 11:42 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I support 3LM - always have & I'm sure I always will.

Hope ER's up and running before Bob's on the loose again. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 11:47 GMT 

I support 3LM's proposition on Page 4.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 11:50 GMT 

Queen of Spades wrote:
I've gotten into arguments with folks on here and I know we've started things that have gotten pretty heated and would be against the new terms of use, but I don't think it's anything that any of us should have been banned for, and I think they probably feel the same way about me. I would hope so anyway. The way I speak (and type) on here is a part of my personality and would be an extremely hard thing for me to change.

Zackly. We ain't here making love. We're expecting rain.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 12:07 GMT 

I support 3LM and all the moderators totally.

3LM's proposal sounds like good common sense. Many of us have no real idea about what goes on behind the scenes to keep this site safe, relatively organized and functioning. Thanks to everyone who lends a hand to make sure that ER continues to be the community that we know and love.

Broken Wing

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 12:11 GMT 

So you're basically proposing a complete lack of accountability for the mods?

Hmm.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 12:27 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Where did you read that? I'm sure Madcow and KarlErik have had PMs from disgruntled members who weren't in agreement with a mod's ruling in the past.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 12:30 GMT 

Quote:
Actions: A Moderator’s actions or inaction's are not available as topics for forum discussion. They are not available for discussion in forum posts. Disdainful sarcasm having to do with displeasure about a mod’s action is not permitted. If you are not pleased with the actions of a moderator, you can submit a complaint to the moderator and/or the Administrators. Your complaint will be reviewed by the whole staff and actions may or may not be taken. After that, you must drop it.

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 12:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

I wrote to Karl Erick on Facebook n' here what he replied : "Expecting Rain is alive and well, the forums will restart eventually!"

So there's still hope (yes we can ! ;) ) ! :)

PostPosted: Fri June 19th, 2009, 12:44 GMT 
Titanium Member

OK, now I've read the terms of use, I agree with them, except "use of sarcasm not allowed"... where's the fun if we can't be sarcastic (but polite & respectfull at the same time) ? :?

When are the forums gonna be open again ? :cry:

Suggestion : ask everyone to register again, and ask everyone to read (maybe with stuff to tick to make 'em understand it's important) the new terms of use (but please remove the "sarcasm not allowed" bit), have lots of mods if you want, to check that the terms of use are followed, n' make everyone happy again ! Then if people don't follow the general rules, delete their posts or ban 'em temporally/ permanently...

Edit : I support TLM's plan (please stay a moderator - n' you too, Zimmy-, you're doing a heck of a job :D )

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next