Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed May 23rd, 2018, 05:06 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun January 14th, 2018, 22:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

Any updates? Spot's 11/25 was pretty great so I'm suspicious they simply remastered that...

PostPosted: Tue January 16th, 2018, 15:34 GMT 

But if the remastering is tastefully applied so that the finished product is comparable to the Deluxe Detroit, then it could be quite something. I'm itching to hear the Scallywag Beacon 2017 and their version of Detroit 15 if possible to fully compare with the instant classic that is the Benny Boy Soomlos tweak. Fingers crossed OldHenryLee can deliver the goods and upload when he can. If he's reading this, much appreciated in advance.

PostPosted: Thu January 18th, 2018, 02:31 GMT 

OldHenryLee wrote:
... Also, happy to hear that you found some snippets of the Scallywag Detroit show. I haven't heard any other recordings (shall listen to your work soon) & can't imagine it getting much better. ... An odd thing is when I Google the Scallywag 11/25/17 show I have nothing comes up. No pics from discdogs or anything, just setlists, reviews and YouTube clips. ... I'm going to put it under rare recordings section whenever I'm able, so folks can judge for themselves, but to my ears it's an equal if not better presentation than the Detroit show I have. .... Only complaints being not my favorite rendition of Desolation Row performance wise, and the filler being kinda lazy. .... There's a lyric flub on the beginning of Tangled (25th) & there is as well on the 2nd disc filler (22nd). ... Minor details though. Will eventually add my own filler with the Thousand Highways comp. when I get around to burning traveling copies, so I don't ruin the silver discs.

OldHenryLee: These Detroit '15 and Beacon '17 Scallywag boots are more than intriguing. I'm really looking forward to when you are able to post them. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu January 18th, 2018, 20:15 GMT 

Who are scallywag music? I've looked online and cannot work out whether they sell or share and if so how?

PostPosted: Sat January 20th, 2018, 11:00 GMT 

Anyone had any contact from OldHenryLee? He seems to have disappeared off radar...

PostPosted: Fri January 26th, 2018, 11:59 GMT 

The latest Bennyboy remaster of Detroit is the finest Bootleg of its generation.