Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed January 17th, 2018, 13:12 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri December 1st, 2017, 21:36 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 13th, 2008, 03:43 GMT
Posts: 4923
Is guestrelations@msg.com incorrect?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 1st, 2017, 21:50 GMT 
Senior Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri March 2nd, 2007, 15:48 GMT
Posts: 3447
Location: beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
NO MORE MAVIS UPDATES FROM ME: Joseph Pico (sp?) Director of Guest Relations at MSG says the incident never happened. I wasn't there, so that's it for me. Hoping it's true, that it didn’t happen. just wished that they’d gotten back to me a week ago when I first asked about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 1st, 2017, 21:56 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 13th, 2008, 03:43 GMT
Posts: 4923
Was he racist? Was he crude?
The question is absurd:
Had anything been wrong,
we should certainly have heard.

This flat denial is even more insulting, considering Mavis responded and the guy repeated it - there must be audio evidence that this MSG cracker is full of sh*t
Anything But A Roll wrote:
NO MORE MAVIS UPDATES FROM ME: Joseph Pico (sp?) Director of Guest Relations at MSG says the incident never happened
Found him on LinkedIn - Joe Picco
Director, Guest Relations at Madison Square Garden


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 1st, 2017, 22:12 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 13th, 2008, 03:43 GMT
Posts: 4923
jberco wrote:
I was there and heard the offensive racist remarks which were on the other side of the orchestra from where I was sitting. At the end of her set he also yelled at her to get off the stage.
jberco, which night was this? There must be a recording out there we could track down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 1st, 2017, 22:48 GMT 

Joined: Tue February 3rd, 2015, 19:05 GMT
Posts: 512
I have friends who heard it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat December 2nd, 2017, 02:20 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu December 27th, 2012, 20:36 GMT
Posts: 8822
Location: over the shadows & the rain
Amos wrote:
I wrote and called when it happened. I wrote numerous times. Nothing.
Also, supposedly the idiot was ejected from the theater during Bob. The venue can easily access all tickets and who bought them. The beacon only had to see the person’s seat and they could easily find out they guys name and other details. Then ban the idiot from future shows.

I sold three BD tickets before show outside Beacon theater for cash.
It’s impossible for Beacon to know names of everyone attending.
I had a great time at shows.
And Beacon staff were very nice & professional.
Especially Tanisha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat December 2nd, 2017, 03:05 GMT 

Joined: Wed November 14th, 2012, 18:26 GMT
Posts: 422
AndoDoug wrote:
jberco wrote:
I was there and heard the offensive racist remarks which were on the other side of the orchestra from where I was sitting. At the end of her set he also yelled at her to get off the stage.
jberco, which night was this? There must be a recording out there we could track down


This was 11/21, the 2nd Beacon show. I was there, back of the orchestra section. Yes something was yelled and Mavis said “why you gotta be so mean”. I think it was before her last song “I’ll Take You There”.

I could not hear what was yelled and I doubt any recording picked it up unless he happened to be near him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat December 2nd, 2017, 03:40 GMT 

Joined: Tue February 3rd, 2015, 19:05 GMT
Posts: 512
Alouette wrote:
Amos wrote:
I wrote and called when it happened. I wrote numerous times. Nothing.
Also, supposedly the idiot was ejected from the theater during Bob. The venue can easily access all tickets and who bought them. The beacon only had to see the person’s seat and they could easily find out they guys name and other details. Then ban the idiot from future shows.

I sold three BD tickets before show outside Beacon theater for cash.
It’s impossible for Beacon to know names of everyone attending.
I had a great time at shows.
And Beacon staff were very nice & professional.
Especially Tanisha



Well, yes, unless the seat holder bought the ticket from someone. Not everyone does and it’s a start though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat December 2nd, 2017, 03:44 GMT 

Joined: Tue February 3rd, 2015, 19:05 GMT
Posts: 512
Domino wrote:

This was 11/21, the 2nd Beacon show. I was there, back of the orchestra section. Yes something was yelled and Mavis said “why you gotta be so mean”. I think it was before her last song “I’ll Take You There”.

I could not hear what was yelled and I doubt any recording picked it up unless he happened to be near him.



It absolutely was right before I’ll Take You There. My friend heard it but had trouble hearing the beginning part but heard the ni@@er part.
Terrible and shame on the pigs running it to say it never happened.
Guess they condone the behavior.

Sorry if I screwed up the quotes on this. I’m using a phone and it’s not so easy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat December 2nd, 2017, 16:02 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 13th, 2008, 03:43 GMT
Posts: 4923
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

"Kill the body and the head will die." - Hunter S. Thompson, Ph.D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat December 2nd, 2017, 20:32 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21542
“The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.“
~ Hunter S. Thompson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun December 3rd, 2017, 03:08 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri April 14th, 2006, 18:43 GMT
Posts: 5427
:lol: :lol: love it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon December 4th, 2017, 18:19 GMT 

Joined: Wed October 26th, 2016, 22:06 GMT
Posts: 30
It's absurd for him to state summarily that the incident didn't happen--how does he know?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon December 4th, 2017, 19:07 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21542
majortominor wrote:
It's absurd for him to state summarily that the incident didn't happen--how does he know?

Um, isn’t it the new norm?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue December 5th, 2017, 20:30 GMT 

Joined: Wed October 26th, 2016, 22:06 GMT
Posts: 30
Yes, it does have that Orange ring to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group