Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri December 15th, 2017, 08:33 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon September 11th, 2017, 17:50 GMT 

Joined: Wed February 17th, 2010, 21:36 GMT
Posts: 124
If the stage configuration and setlist this fall is identical to that of this past summer's tour, keep in mind that if you purchase a front row package ticket-

If you sit in the centre section, you will not be able to see Bob at all when he is seated at the piano (Bob standing at the piano is okay though)

If you sit on the right hand side (facing Bob), you will not be able to see Bob when he is standing centre stage (as he hung back this summer thus you were completely blocked by the piano).

The left hand side (facing Bob) should be fine.

First row ticket holders used to be able to stand at the rail for arena shows, no more. They can stand but not at the rail, only by their seat. However, seat holders behind you will not let you stand at your seat and shout at you to sit down. Therefore, if you are seated in a front row seat, you may not be able to see Bob at all for portions of the show. Yet, his people have no problems charging $500+ for this privilege. But at least you get a foam clock that breaks when you take it out of the box.

Find a link to your venue of choice seating chart before tickets go on sale so you will be prepared (buyer beware).
http://www.slotix.com/tours/4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon September 11th, 2017, 19:20 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43310
Location: Beneath the Southern X
Also, special early pre-sale to American Express card holders. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon September 11th, 2017, 21:17 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 21st, 2011, 19:55 GMT
Posts: 7379
Location: Merry Christmas & missin' The Mirror Girl
Same prices as Valley Center & Las Vegas? Most-likely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue September 12th, 2017, 16:20 GMT 

Joined: Wed July 19th, 2006, 04:24 GMT
Posts: 1145
Location: USA
These packages, incuding front row, are a complete waste of money


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 00:07 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri March 20th, 2009, 22:31 GMT
Posts: 774
Location: Pennsylvania
What's the closet you can sit and still have a good view not blocked by the piano?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 00:22 GMT 

Joined: Sat April 22nd, 2017, 12:50 GMT
Posts: 41
It depends on high the stage is , I'd say. A bit like a game of russian roulette then. to spend all that money. the packages are outrageously priced, but hey it s Bob; he could be worth it. depends what you expect i guess. But actually from the seventh row center is great too...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 01:35 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri March 20th, 2009, 22:31 GMT
Posts: 774
Location: Pennsylvania
I saw him in the 5th row center at the Academy of Music in Philly a few years ago and was definitely worth it but the stage was probably set up a bit different.

I guess I'll try to shoot for rows 5-10 center left at the Tower.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 01:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue March 28th, 2017, 00:21 GMT
Posts: 67
I was in the eighth row (centre) for a show this summer and I had a good Bob view throughout the concert.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 09:22 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43310
Location: Beneath the Southern X
Bob Dylan making his core audience sitting as far away as possible, at inflated prices, vol.5. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 12:00 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu July 10th, 2008, 15:11 GMT
Posts: 11569
Location: brighton uk
But... but.... a VIP ticket gets you a giant plectrum! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 14:02 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri January 21st, 2011, 19:55 GMT
Posts: 7379
Location: Merry Christmas & missin' The Mirror Girl
Johanna Parker wrote:
Bob Dylan making his core audience sitting as far away as possible, at inflated prices, vol.5. :roll:




Exactly what I thought when I saw Las Vegas prices!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed September 13th, 2017, 20:23 GMT 

Joined: Tue February 3rd, 2015, 19:05 GMT
Posts: 494
Lou Reed wrote:
If the stage configuration and setlist this fall is identical to that of this past summer's tour, keep in mind that if you purchase a front row package ticket-

If you sit in the centre section, you will not be able to see Bob at all when he is seated at the piano (Bob standing at the piano is okay though)

If you sit on the right hand side (facing Bob), you will not be able to see Bob when he is standing centre stage (as he hung back this summer thus you were completely blocked by the piano).

The left hand side (facing Bob) should be fine.

First row ticket holders used to be able to stand at the rail for arena shows, no more. They can stand but not at the rail, only by their seat. However, seat holders behind you will not let you stand at your seat and shout at you to sit down. Therefore, if you are seated in a front row seat, you may not be able to see Bob at all for portions of the show. Yet, his people have no problems charging $500+ for this privilege. But at least you get a foam clock that breaks when you take it out of the box.

Find a link to your venue of choice seating chart before tickets go on sale so you will be prepared (buyer beware).
http://www.slotix.com/tours/4



This is very true. Well said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun September 17th, 2017, 03:46 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21428
slimtimslide wrote:
But... but.... a VIP ticket gets you a giant plectrum! :D

Cool!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu November 30th, 2017, 05:37 GMT 

Joined: Tue February 3rd, 2015, 19:05 GMT
Posts: 494
Lou Reed wrote:
If the stage configuration and setlist this fall is identical to that of this past summer's tour, keep in mind that if you purchase a front row package ticket-

If you sit in the centre section, you will not be able to see Bob at all when he is seated at the piano (Bob standing at the piano is okay though)

If you sit on the right hand side (facing Bob), you will not be able to see Bob when he is standing centre stage (as he hung back this summer thus you were completely blocked by the piano).

The left hand side (facing Bob) should be fine.

First row ticket holders used to be able to stand at the rail for arena shows, no more. They can stand but not at the rail, only by their seat. However, seat holders behind you will not let you stand at your seat and shout at you to sit down. Therefore, if you are seated in a front row seat, you may not be able to see Bob at all for portions of the show. Yet, his people have no problems charging $500+ for this privilege. But at least you get a foam clock that breaks when you take it out of the box.

Find a link to your venue of choice seating chart before tickets go on sale so you will be prepared (buyer beware).
http://www.slotix.com/tours/4


This should be updated

You may or may not see bob at the piano while standing. If the stage is high, your view will be obstructed. Regardless of stage height if he’s sitting you won’t see him.
If you are center right, you’ll see everything. If you are far right, you’ll be blocked from the center song performances.
Far left is fine still.
He only sang 4 songs center then it turned to 5. That’s 12-15 minutes of a 105 minute set.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed December 13th, 2017, 07:18 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 18th, 2008, 16:22 GMT
Posts: 4058
Here's footage from Dublin in May

https://youtu.be/kvPiOKIU1Oo

And the Beacon in November

https://youtu.be/x8tbz93pCek

I don't see any significant change in the piano angle?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu December 14th, 2017, 00:12 GMT 

Joined: Wed July 19th, 2006, 04:24 GMT
Posts: 1145
Location: USA
Right. There's been no significant change in the setup in many years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu December 14th, 2017, 02:25 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21428
lovethatcountrypie wrote:
Right. There's been no significant change in the setup in many years.

Well it’s not simply about the configuration. Each venue is different.
How close the first row is to the stage varies from venue to venue.
So does the height of the stage in relation to the elevation of the seats.

The fact that Bob’s piano is somewhat closer to the front of the stage and angled a bit more head-on has made a difference over the years. No question. Real life examples from this tour:

Example 1: Saw him in Vermont in early summer and we stood between center mics and piano fairly close (2 or 3 people back) and saw him clearly the whole time, including his boots. My friend always wants to see his boots and was amazed that we could easily almost look “down” on them the whole time from so close. Usually not the case. Usually looking “up.”
We were somewhat elevated above the low stage, granted it was GA and we were standing.
Fantastic show, by the way!

Example 2: Then in Richmond last month in the 2nd row, I was further away than VT (even though it was still 2nd row), losing a lot of view at times...seats were way lower than the elevated stage and much vision was blocked. Especially when our boy was sitting. Could only see his forehead & sometimes his eyes, like the famous “Kilroy was here” war graffiti. Great show, regardless.

Example 3: In Boston recently, 9th row was where it was at. Beautiful view and better sound. I did join a friend up in 2nd row center for a bit, they let me do one cheek on each seat between them...but slinked back to 9th row after a couple songs after realizing it was better back there because we couldn’t see shit from 2nd row at that venue because we were too low in relation to the stage height...mostly piano in the way. Sound is usually better a few rows back and we were on the aisle with a straight unblocked view of the stage. Best of the 3, but they were ALL good!

Bottom line: it’s not exactly the same from venue to venue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu December 14th, 2017, 03:53 GMT 

Joined: Wed July 19th, 2006, 04:24 GMT
Posts: 1145
Location: USA
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
lovethatcountrypie wrote:
Right. There's been no significant change in the setup in many years.

Well it’s not simply about the configuration. Each venue is different.
How close the first row is to the stage varies from venue to venue.
So does the height of the stage in relation to the elevation of the seats.

The fact that Bob’s piano is somewhat closer to the front of the stage and angled a bit more head-on has made a difference over the years. No question. Real life examples from this tour:

Example 1: Saw him in Vermont in early summer and we stood between center mics and piano fairly close (2 or 3 people back) and saw him clearly the whole time, including his boots. My friend always wants to see his boots and was amazed that we could easily almost look “down” on them the whole time from so close. Usually not the case. Usually looking “up.”
We were somewhat elevated above the low stage, granted it was GA and we were standing.
Fantastic show, by the way!

Example 2: Then in Richmond last month in the 2nd row, I was further away than VT (even though it was still 2nd row), losing a lot of view at times...seats were way lower than the elevated stage and much vision was blocked. Especially when our boy was sitting. Could only see his forehead & sometimes his eyes, like the famous “Kilroy was here” war graffiti. Great show, regardless.

Example 3: In Boston recently, 9th row was where it was at. Beautiful view and better sound. I did join a friend up in 2nd row center for a bit, they let me do one cheek on each seat between them...but slinked back to 9th row after a couple songs after realizing it was better back there because we couldn’t see shit from 2nd row at that venue because we were too low in relation to the stage height...mostly piano in the way. Sound is usually better a few rows back and we were on the aisle with a straight unblocked view of the stage. Best of the 3, but they were ALL good!

Bottom line: it’s not exactly the same from venue to venue.


Of course not. That's why you have to be selective about the seats you choose to purchase.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri December 15th, 2017, 01:03 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21428
lovethatcountrypie wrote:
Of course not. That's why you have to be selective about the seats you choose to purchase.

Or...at least be selective about where you choose to watch from, yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group