Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91024
Page 1 of 1

Author:  grwarrington [ Mon July 17th, 2017, 11:29 GMT ]
Post subject:  MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

2:05 on this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnBe8BNZyxI

Why does Tony/George begin to end the song only 2 minutes in?

Was anyone at the show and saw what was going on on-stage?

Author:  Nightingale's Code [ Mon July 17th, 2017, 11:37 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

Charlie looked caught off guard by them stopping too

Author:  savela [ Mon July 17th, 2017, 15:24 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

Maybe Tony misinterpreted Bobs headmovement at 1:40 as a nod. I've seen him nod to Tony as a sign for the guys to wrap it up before. Or they just feel asleep on the job. Who could blame them after playing the set for 4 years... Didn't a similair thing happen during Tough Mama back in -07/08?

Author:  goodmeats [ Mon July 17th, 2017, 16:24 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

A puppy dies every time someone complains about the setlist

Author:  smoke [ Mon July 17th, 2017, 16:31 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

savela wrote:
Maybe Tony misinterpreted Bobs headmovement at 1:40 as a nod. I've seen him nod to Tony as a sign for the guys to wrap it up before. Or they just feel asleep on the job. Who could blame them after playing the set for 4 years... Didn't a similair thing happen during Tough Mama back in -07/08?

Yes, I think it was in Amsterdam, but in that case the band actually stopped and Bob sang the last verse by himself. It was back in the "crazy organ" days, too. Good fun.

Author:  dylanswife [ Mon July 17th, 2017, 23:56 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

George x up. You can hear a flat from him then he goes dead silent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  ingate94 [ Tue July 18th, 2017, 09:06 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

smoke wrote:
savela wrote:
Maybe Tony misinterpreted Bobs headmovement at 1:40 as a nod. I've seen him nod to Tony as a sign for the guys to wrap it up before. Or they just feel asleep on the job. Who could blame them after playing the set for 4 years... Didn't a similair thing happen during Tough Mama back in -07/08?

Yes, I think it was in Amsterdam, but in that case the band actually stopped and Bob sang the last verse by himself. It was back in the "crazy organ" days, too. Good fun.


Is there a recording of this anywhere? Would be interesting to hear!

Author:  EternalCircle1 [ Tue July 18th, 2017, 19:18 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

https://youtu.be/FH_WEDGv9z0

Author:  restless [ Tue July 18th, 2017, 22:30 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

Thanks for the clip, I loved that!

Author:  Domino [ Tue July 18th, 2017, 22:42 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

EternalCircle1 wrote:
https://youtu.be/FH_WEDGv9z0


I remember hearing this but first time seeing the vid. So funny, I wonder why he didn’t just stop and pretend the song was over even if the band messed up. Not a particularly inspired version but the extra verse just turns it into a trainwreck.

These were the lost forgotten years in my book, summer of 2011 he started showing signs of life again with that viscious Can’t Wait during the summer tour in Italy. Then 2012 he found his step again and was amazing.

Author:  Nappy [ Tue July 18th, 2017, 23:37 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

Domino wrote:
EternalCircle1 wrote:
https://youtu.be/FH_WEDGv9z0


I remember hearing this but first time seeing the vid. So funny, I wonder why he didn’t just stop and pretend the song was over even if the band messed up. Not a particularly inspired version but the extra verse just turns it into a trainwreck.

These were the lost forgotten years in my book, summer of 2011 he started showing signs of life again with that viscious Can’t Wait during the summer tour in Italy. Then 2012 he found his step again and was amazing.


Yeah some parts of 2011 actually had a fair bit of grunt to them. The inspired inclusion of Gonna Change My Way of thinking to open up the shows for example.

Author:  ingate94 [ Wed July 19th, 2017, 09:17 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

Thanks for the clip, that's funny! Love that even the lights go out and Bob is playing on in the dark for a moment.

Agree with the above that 2011 had a lot of good moments but that he's gotten better each year since then.

My first show was in 2011 in London. I checked out some reviews for the gig in the paper shortly after and one of them said "Dylan played his muddiest shows since the 80s" but listening back to shows from 2005-2009 that seems like pure fake news

Author:  depp91 [ Wed July 19th, 2017, 10:50 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

EternalCircle1 wrote:
https://youtu.be/FH_WEDGv9z0


Haha, that's funny :lol: :lol:
Bob is like "I've learned that verse, now I want to sing it, no matter what!!" But yeah, it's a trainwreck :lol:

Author:  Still Go Barefoot [ Wed July 19th, 2017, 13:47 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

Domino wrote:
EternalCircle1 wrote:
https://youtu.be/FH_WEDGv9z0


I remember hearing this but first time seeing the vid. So funny, I wonder why he didn’t just stop and pretend the song was over even if the band messed up. Not a particularly inspired version but the extra verse just turns it into a trainwreck.

I always thought quite the opposite.
The band stops, the lights go down and Bob rescues a crappy performance.
Thanks for the vid Eternal!

Domino wrote:
...summer of 2011 he started showing signs of life again with that viscious Can’t Wait during the summer tour in Italy. Then 2012 he found his step again and was amazing.

Yes!
IMHO, something happened in 2011 and it was a re-emergence of sorts.

Author:  slewan [ Wed July 19th, 2017, 20:36 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

smoke wrote:
savela wrote:
Maybe Tony misinterpreted Bobs headmovement at 1:40 as a nod. I've seen him nod to Tony as a sign for the guys to wrap it up before. Or they just feel asleep on the job. Who could blame them after playing the set for 4 years... Didn't a similair thing happen during Tough Mama back in -07/08?

Yes, I think it was in Amsterdam, but in that case the band actually stopped and Bob sang the last verse by himself. It was back in the "crazy organ" days, too. Good fun.


I had to think about that, too. I was close enough to stage to witness the angry looks Bob gave to the band

Author:  Domino [ Thu July 20th, 2017, 04:01 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Yes!
IMHO, something happened in 2011 and it was a re-emergence of sorts.


Maybe it was the process of writing the songs for Tempest that woke him up.

Somethin's happenin here, that’s for sure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjNbsaqDwKg

Author:  Still Go Barefoot [ Fri July 21st, 2017, 16:18 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

For sure. That's a classic performance.
I think Joey was one of the LUCKY ones to witness it in-person!

Author:  grwarrington [ Mon July 31st, 2017, 14:54 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: MYFML - False Ending. Outlaw Music Festival Milwaukee

EternalCircle1 wrote:
https://youtu.be/FH_WEDGv9z0


In the band's defence Bob had given a few nods before they end and does look a little pissed off and he's just leaning on the keyboard as if waiting for them to end the song!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/