Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

Is it just me ?
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90941
Page 2 of 2

Author:  blackbushe [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 06:13 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

These guys live these songs every night. They love their jobs and thank whatever God they pray to that they play music with BOB DYLAN. These fellows will go down in history as the longest continuous band of the greatest song artist, no, the greatest artist, that America has ever birthed. Are they bored? Give me a f'ing break.

Author:  Futile Horn [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 09:47 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

goodmeats wrote:
I'd have a blast if I was part of Bob Dylan's band.


Me too. Easy job and probably satisfactory salary. Even I could play those four chords and generic licks night after night. Hardest thing would be not to fell asleep before the encores, but luckily they usually start so early.

Author:  Nightingale's Code [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 10:10 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

blackbushe wrote:
These guys live these songs every night. They love their jobs and thank whatever God they pray to that they play music with BOB DYLAN. These fellows will go down in history as the longest continuous band of the greatest song artist, no, the greatest artist, that America has ever birthed. Are they bored? Give me a f'ing break.

A tad hyperbolic, no?

Author:  blackbushe [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 15:23 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

Not a bit. How's this: Best job for a highly skilled musician in the 21st century. Interacting creatively on a daily basis with the best musical mind and most important artistic cultural force of modern times. Being friends with the coolest man ever lived. Hard to be bored unless you're dead inside. Not a jot of exaggeration in these lines.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  Hard Rain [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 16:26 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

blackbushe wrote:
These guys live these songs every night. They love their jobs and thank whatever God they pray to that they play music with BOB DYLAN. These fellows will go down in history as the longest continuous band of the greatest song artist, no, the greatest artist, that America has ever birthed. Are they bored? Give me a f'ing break.


You can't play this kind of music and be bored? Can you?

Author:  goodnitesteve [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 19:18 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

Maybe if he pulled McCartney out during a baseball stadium performance of a sing along rendition of Piano Man, you'd be happy?

Author:  Hard Rain [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 19:35 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

goodnitesteve wrote:
Maybe if he pulled McCartney out during a baseball stadium performance of a sing along rendition of Piano Man, you'd be happy?


Who do you imagine would pull out McCartney during a baseball stadium while the people were singing along with Piano Man? Who would be able to pull that off you think goonitesteve?

Author:  goodnitesteve [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 19:40 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

Hard Rain wrote:
goodnitesteve wrote:
Maybe if he pulled McCartney out during a baseball stadium performance of a sing along rendition of Piano Man, you'd be happy?


Who do you imagine would pull out McCartney during a baseball stadium while the people were singing along with Piano Man? Who would be able to pull that off you think goonitesteve?


Billy Joel. And I love him for it.

Author:  Hard Rain [ Sun July 9th, 2017, 19:41 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Is it just me ?

Maybe he will get a medal for that?

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/