Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue July 17th, 2018, 23:27 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon December 4th, 2017, 01:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

Spring Kickoff Show

22 March 2018
Thursday

Lisbon, Portugal
Altice Arena

Showtime: 9:00 pm
Capacity: 20,000

This is the 1st show of the 2018 Never Ending Tour

Unless, of course, other shows are added prior to this date

Previous 2018 shows:
00 Europe Spring
----
00 Total 2018

---
Bob Dylan – Live in Lisbon 2018
A Portuguese appearance from the music icon

Festicket

22 Marzo 2018 - Lisbona, Portogallo
Legendary performer, influential songwriter and Nobel Prize winner Bob Dylan stops off in Lisbon on 22 March, with his band in tow, for another live show.

The veteran's appearance in the Portuguese capital will come almost exactly a year after the release of his 38th studio album, and more than 55 years since he started out as a musician.

Having toured intensively for decades, Bob Dylan and his band have thousands of shows under their belt, and they bring a level of live experience to the city's Altice Arena that few in the music world can match.

https://www.festicket.com/it/festivals/ ... sbon/2018/

===

PURPOSE of the 'Live Set List' threads:
This is a spot to discuss & share your thoughts, perspectives & feelings surrounding the shows...
...before, during and after...whether you attend or not.
We especially love to hear the thoughts of those going, of those there, and of folks simply reflecting on whatever was.

As many of us know, it's not only about the Set List!
Most of us don't attend every show, in person. Yet we're interested. We go when we can.
We anticipate & relate to the energy of each other's experiences.
It's fun to hear about.

We love eyes in the field and feet on the ground. No pressure, no requirements. We understand.
Feel free to share your observations or post your links to any related text, audio, and video.
Whether you're there or wishing you were or wondering what the latest is, please comment!
And, above all, have some fun!

Let the chatter begin!

PostPosted: Mon December 4th, 2017, 02:15 GMT 
Titanium Member

Drinking white rum in a Portugal bar

Is this the first time a tour leg is getting kicked off in Portugal?

PostPosted: Mon December 4th, 2017, 03:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nightingale's Code wrote:

Is this the first time a tour leg is getting kicked off in Portugal?

No.
As Nos pointed out in the Rumors & Tour News thread,
Bob kicked Europe off from Lisbon in 1999.
Maybe other tours too?

Personally, I like Lisboa and Portugal in general.
It would be nice to find an excuse to be there, or in the vicinity, when Bob pops through.

PostPosted: Mon December 18th, 2017, 00:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

Altice Arena (formerly MEO Arena, and also referred to as Pavilhão Atlântico)[1] is a multi-purpose indoor arena in Lisbon, Portugal. The arena is among the largest indoor arenas in the European Union and the largest in Portugal with a capacity of 20,000 people and was built in 1998 for Expo '98.

Altice Arena

Altice Arena in Lisbon, Portugal
Former names Pavilhão da Utopia (1998)
Pavilhão Atlântico (1998–2013)
MEO Arena (2013–2017)
Location Rossio dos Olivais, 1990-231 Lisbon, Portugal
Coordinates 38°46′6.79″N 9°5′38.45″W
Public transit Gare do Oriente (Comboios de Portugal)
Linha Vermelha at Oriente (Lisbon Metro)
Owner Arena Atlântico S.A.
Operator Arena Atlântico S.A.
Capacity 20,000
Construction
Built 1996–1998
Opened 1998
Construction cost €55 million
Architect Regino Cruz
Main contractors Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
Website
arena.altice.pt

History
Plans to build a multipurpose arena in Lisbon date back to the first discussions of the Expo '98 Master Plan. At the time, the city lacked a versatile facility able to accommodate concerts, congresses and sporting events of big scope. The existing structures, both in Lisbon and in Portugal alike, either had limited capacity (up to 4,000 people), or were difficult to adapt to non-conventional events, such as world class indoor sports competitions. Another shortcoming of existing venues was the lack of technical infrastructure deemed necessary to host modern concerts, musicals and to allow for proper live TV coverage.

The country needed an arena to fill the existing gap between smaller indoor halls, like the Lisbon Coliseum, and open-air stadia. As a consequence, Portugal would not host games of important indoor sports championships and no major concerts would take place in the country in periods of cold and rainy weather.

The decision to build the Pavilhão Atlântico within the masterplan of Expo 98 allowed the arena to have a catchment area well beyond the city of Lisbon. Being a short distance from Gare do Oriente and several major highway interchanges, allows the arena to draw spectators from all over the country.

In July 2012, the arena was sold to Arena Atlântico S.A. for €21,2 million. In May 2013, Portugal Telecom acquired the naming rights to the venue, re-branding it as MEO Arena after its services brand MEO. In October 2017, following the acquisition of Portugal Telecom by Altice, the venue was renamed Altice Arena.

Concerts:
Madonna ended her Re-Invention Tour with two sold out shows for 33,460 fans on September 2004. It was the first time that Madonna performed in Portugal.[5]

The tenth installment of The Dave Matthews Band Live Trax series was recorded at Pavilhão Atlântico in May 2007.

Kylie Minogue performed there on July 4, 2009. It was the first time that Minogue performed in Portugal.

Britney Spears performed a sold-out show on November 9, 2011, as part of her Femme Fatale Tour.

Justin Bieber performed a sold out show at the venue on 11 March 2013, as part of Believe Tour.

One Direction performed a sold-out show in 2013 on the venue as part of their Take Me Home Tour (One Direction).

For 2009, many events had already been booked a year in advance: one of the biggest acts was Green Day in September and later Muse on November 29 as part of their Resistance Tour.

In 2010, the venue held Lady Gaga's The Monster Ball Tour show on December 10 and a week after, on December 16, Thirty Seconds to Mars' concert as part of their Into the Wild Tour.

Beyoncé performed two consecutive sold out shows in 2014, on March 26 and 27, as part of The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour.

Miley Cyrus performed at the venue on 15 June 2014, as part of her Bangerz Tour.

Shakira holds the record for the biggest attendance with her Oral Fixation Tour back in 2007 with a completely sold out show.

On November 10, 2014, Lady Gaga brought her ArtRave: The Artpop Ball to the MEO Arena, which is already called "the biggest production ever made" on this venue until then.

On May 4, 2015, 5 Seconds of Summer started their first world tour Rock Out With Your Socks Out Tour with a sold-out show.

Adele performed two consecutive sold out shows in 2016, on May 21 and 22, as part of Adele Live 2016.

Justin Bieber performed in MEO Arena for the 2nd time with the Purpose World Tour on November 25, 2016, with a sold-out show.

Altice Arena will host the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest.

International:
Hardwell, Adele, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Bruno Mars, 50 Cent, ABC, Bryan Adams, Anastacia, Rick Astley, Charles Aznavour, B52s, Backstreet Boys, Beyoncé, Biffy Clyro, The Black Eyed Peas, The Black Keys, The Blackout, Andrea Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, Busta Rhymes, Carbon/Silicon, Belinda Carlisle, Cirque du Soleil, Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker, Leonard Cohen, Coldplay, The Corrs, Megadeth, Slayer, Deep Purple, Joaquín Cortés, The Cure, Curiosity Killed the Cat, Dave Matthews Band, Depeche Mode, Plácido Domingo, The Doors, Bob Dylan, The Eagles, Foreigner, Lady Gaga, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Ben Harper, Enrique Iglesias, Julio Iglesias, Il Divo, Incubus, Iron Maiden, Elton John, Jack Johnson, Jennifer Lopez, Juanes, Judas Priest, Nik Kershaw, Alicia Keys, Korn, Lenny Kravitz, Blink-182, Lemar, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Madness, Madonna, Marillion, Marilyn Manson, Ricky Martin, Meat Loaf, Megadeth, Metallica, George Michael, Kylie Minogue, Moby, Muse, Oasis, The Offspring, OneRepublic, Pearl Jam, P!nk, Prima Donna, The Prodigy, Pussycat Dolls, Eros Ramazzotti, Rammstein, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rihanna, Santana, Scorpions, Shakira, Sigur Rós, Badgalcaya, Selena Gomez, Simply Red, Slayer, Slipknot, The Stranglers, Supertramp, Testament, Tokio Hotel, The Tubes, Wako, Roger Waters, Westlife, Whitesnake, The Who, Kim Wilde, Robbie Williams and Yes

Portuguese:
Ana Moura, Pedro Abrunhosa, Carlos do Carmo, Mickael Carreira, Tony Carreira, Clã, D'ZRT, Da Weasel, GNR, Mariza, Rui Veloso and Xutos e Pontapés

Brazilian:
Diante do Trono, Luan Santana, Gusttavo Lima, Roberto Carlos, Daniela Mercury, Maria Rita, Ivete Sangalo, Sandy & Junior, Caetano Veloso and Maria Gadú

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altice_Arena#History

PostPosted: Thu December 28th, 2017, 23:10 GMT 

Just saw an ad on TV for this show (with some old concert footage and the usual tour poster pic), so they must still have tons of tickets available.

PostPosted: Sun December 31st, 2017, 18:37 GMT 

1. Things Have Changed

PostPosted: Fri January 5th, 2018, 17:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

scott6 wrote:
1. Things Have Changed

It sure seems that way, doesn’t it?
If so, it will be the 5th straight year, in a row
that he opens with Things.

PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 02:18 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
scott6 wrote:
1. Things Have Changed

It sure seems that way, doesn’t it?
If so, it will be the 5th straight year, in a row
that he opens with Things.

Perhaps things will change.

1. Narrow Way

PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 03:08 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'm storing my hopes with you Mystic Garden!

PostPosted: Wed January 10th, 2018, 19:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

I think he's going to open with a newly Written song that has been unrecorded and unreleased called F*ck You I'm going to play what I want (get over it, yo) 12 & 35.

PostPosted: Wed January 10th, 2018, 20:07 GMT 

A Merry Llama wrote:
I think he's going to open with a newly Written song that has been unrecorded and unreleased called F*ck You I'm going to play what I want (get over it, yo) 12 & 35.

Excellent. Really looking forward to that one.

PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 05:25 GMT 

A Merry Llama wrote:

He's already released and opens with that song every night, and you got the title wrong.

PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 05:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

So far we have:

Thu 22 Lisboa, Portugal
Attending: teufelskerle, GirlsWon'tLeaveMeAlone

PostPosted: Tue January 16th, 2018, 00:05 GMT 

for me, the lineup will be very similar to that of the last concert of 2017. He will change, 3/4 original pieces, and probably will rotate the best pieces of Triplicate.

Something like these:

1. Things Have Changed (It will be for shure!)
2. It Ain't Me, Babe (Possible that changes)
3. Highway 61 Revisited/Beyond Here
4. Triplicate's song
5. Summer Days (Possible that changes)
6. Melancholy Mood
7. Honest With Me (Possible that changes)
8. Tryin' To Get To Heaven (I hope it remains!)
9. Triplicate's song
10. Pay In Blood (It will be)
11. Tangled Up In Blue (It will be)
12. Soon After Midnight (Maybe)
13. Early Roman Kings (Probabily it will be)
14. Triplicate's song
15. Desolation Row (I hope it remains!)
16. Thunder On The Mountain (For shure)
17. Autumn Leaves (Shure)
18. Love Sick (maybe Long And Wasted Years?)

(encore)
19. Blowin' In The Wind (Yeah, for shure)
20. Ballad Of A Thin Man (Perfect as a final)

PostPosted: Thu January 18th, 2018, 10:54 GMT 

Hello LISABON fans,

i am planning to visit Bob Dylan show in Portugal. I am from Slovakia.
Is here any couchsurfer please ? Looking for Bob Dylan Fan host for 2 nights in Lisabon :D
is it possible? I got flight from Budapest on Wednesday evening.... moving away on Friday.
Thanks... any reply, please see my profile on www.couchsurfing.com or www.facebook.com as "Roman Cermak" or write me to my personal email: roman.cermak@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks a lot
Roman

PostPosted: Mon January 22nd, 2018, 18:16 GMT 

Lisabon :lol:

PostPosted: Tue January 23rd, 2018, 10:55 GMT 

it is managed, thanks, R

PostPosted: Tue January 23rd, 2018, 23:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hoping to see the Standards melt away.
We may need a new Dylan album first, though.

PostPosted: Wed January 31st, 2018, 19:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nightingale's Code wrote:

Just heard those lyrics, by chance, in a cool little lunch joint.
Thought of this Leg Opener which will be here before we know it.

PostPosted: Wed January 31st, 2018, 19:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

Cheers Barefoot! 50 days away!

PostPosted: Sat February 3rd, 2018, 14:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

From ‘who’s going where?’ thread:
Quote:
Thu 22 Lisboa, Portugal
Attending: teufelskerle, GirlsWon'tLeaveMeAlone, jcvf

Lucky ducks.

PostPosted: Tue February 6th, 2018, 17:56 GMT 

I'm going

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun February 11th, 2018, 03:05 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Lucky ducks.

39 days to go. :D :D :D

So looking forward to his Bobness in Lisbon on 22nd March 2018. But just as excited about seeing Lisbon for the first time. I know I am not a PROPER Bob Dylan fan. As I can't make up my mind which gets me more excited; the Bob gig or Lisbon? What about Vino verde in Lisbon fish restaurants or Fado in cosy Portugal Bars or walking steep decorative Lisbon streets, the Navigator museums or the Bob gig or Lisbon or Bob or Lisbon???? Soo I am really glad I am going to see both Bob and Lisbon at the same time. Sighhhhh....

PostPosted: Sun February 11th, 2018, 04:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

Don't sweat it. It's simple.
Bob is a great excuse to go places you might not.
Boom. Double whammy!
Exponential Excitement!

"Ya try ta get away, they drag ya back by the heels."
- ERK, final Beacon

PostPosted: Sun February 11th, 2018, 04:55 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Exponential Excitement!

"Ya try ta get away, they drag ya back by the heels."
- ERK, final Beacon

I would love if he played ERK, or Tempest, or Roll on John in Lisbon (yeahh! Maybe drop a few verses from Tempest, not for me, but for the ones who give out about it). Aside from that I will try to contain my excitment, there are only 39 days left to wait. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next