Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

Attendances figures, help please
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90324
Page 1 of 1

Author:  voodoo71 [ Mon April 17th, 2017, 17:47 GMT ]
Post subject:  Attendances figures, help please

Hi,

This is my first post here, though I've been lurking here for a couple of years.

I was wondering if any of you can help me/guide me to where I can find number of attendances at his concerts through the years. I know there are some box scores numbers on Wikipedia but it is not that much.

All help would be appriciated.

cheers
H

Author:  Still Go Barefoot [ Tue April 18th, 2017, 13:37 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Attendances figures, help please

Voodoo,
WILD 1st entry for a long-time lurker!
Since no one is responding I thought I'd say Welcome!!!

Now to the question.
Not sure what is to be gained from this exercise or what the goal is.
I suppose you could look at venue capacities and just apply the 80/20 rule, assuming an average of 80% full. Very broad-brush.

Then you could filter out festivals a certain way and gigs with attractive opening acts another, I guess.

Can't offer much, mostly because I have no reason to chase this data.
There are some wise & detail-oriented folks aboard here, so perhaps if you clearly state the goal of this project someone may step forward with leads to what you want.

Good luck!

Author:  bjorn [ Wed April 19th, 2017, 00:47 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Attendances figures, help please

Seeing as how I can't seem to score any decent tickets these days the venues must be pretty full and there is no sign of this changing for the better! :shock:

Author:  Still Go Barefoot [ Wed April 19th, 2017, 14:33 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Attendances figures, help please

bjorn wrote:
Seeing as how I can't seem to score any decent tickets these days the venues must be pretty full and there is no sign of this changing for the better! :shock:

You can always score a decent ticket. You may be putting your effort in the wrong places.

Author:  bjorn [ Wed April 19th, 2017, 18:16 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Attendances figures, help please

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
bjorn wrote:
Seeing as how I can't seem to score any decent tickets these days the venues must be pretty full and there is no sign of this changing for the better! :shock:

You can always score a decent ticket. You may be putting your effort in the wrong places.


Thanks SGB I like being in the middle and no further than 10 rows back; preferably in the first 5 rows. Maybe I need to try different sources-any suggestions?

Author:  Still Go Barefoot [ Wed April 19th, 2017, 18:41 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Attendances figures, help please

bjorn wrote:

Thanks SGB I like being in the middle and no further than 10 rows back; preferably in the first 5 rows. Maybe I need to try different sources-any suggestions?


The first one is: Don't give up.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/