Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed October 18th, 2017, 13:12 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 02:28 GMT 

thin man
https://youtu.be/FABQvq_yFwk

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 03:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

Chateau de Laubade Extra Bas Armagnac

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 04:44 GMT 

mystic garden wrote:
Is there still an intermission mid-set?

Sadly, no.

Even though I miss the intermission, I don't think it'd have helped much last night. I got the feeling that most people that walked right in front of the stage were doing so just for show. Not only didn't they look like they actually needed to go anywhere, they also all did pretty much the same walk: pretend you're walking on a runway and - once you get to the middle - turn your head to throw a look at Bob. All that was missing was a twirl. :lol:

BTW, a couple of people were - let's say - a bit late and managed to ask the staff to help them find their seats in the middle of... ERK. I guess all that bell ringing did nothing for them.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 04:50 GMT 
Promethium Member

Yup. Second row center was near empty for half the show.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 07:00 GMT 

I find it really strange he's decided to get rid of the intermission; I thought it added a nice Act One/Act Two touch to the show and gave the audience some mental space to better take in the show. It also gives Dylan and the band some breathing space and rest. Perhaps he just wants to get out of there asap?

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 10:08 GMT 

Good show, Bob in black suit with hat, band wearing blue suits.

Star of the evening for me: Charlie Sexton, fantastic playing on Melancholy Mood, Scarlet Town and Spirit On The Water and a nice longer solo on Tangled Up In Blue.

The start of the concert was a bit slow, Bob and the band needed some time to warm up, maybe this is caused by the new arrangement of Things Have Changed which just
isn't as powerful as earlier versions. Don't Think Twice - was - alright, nice to see it back in the setlist but it didn't seem to pick up steam yesterday. Highway 61 is great and this is were the people
around me really got into it. Beyond Here Lies Nothing was good, nice guitar work by Charlie. Then Why Try To Change Me Now, great singing by Bob, audience seem to react pretty positively to the covers. Pay In Blood strong, really nice version. Melancholy Mood was a highlight for me this time, funny to see Bob walking around during the instrumental intro, he really has a hard time finding out how to act when he's not doing anything *touching mic stand, walking around with a little bit, looking at the drums, walking to Tony, then just standing still with hand on his hip, feeling if his hair and hat are still in place*, but then when he started singing it was great, as said above: really nice guitar work by Charlie. From here the band really shifted gears: great versions of Duquesne Whistle (nice playing by Donnie in combination with Bob's piano playing), Love Sick just fantastic, great singing. Tangled Up In Blue highlight of the evening for me. ERK and Scarlet both fantastic. Then All Or Nothing At All, just the weakest song on the setlist, Desolation Row was really nice to hear but felt kinda short. Soon After Midnight wasn't very special for me, same goes for That Old Black Magic. Long And Wasted Years seem to have a slightly more powerful arrangement now compared to the last time I heard it live. Autumn leaves was great as always, the way Bob sang the final line was really good.

Stage rush, it seemed Bob was okay with it too. Blowin in The Wind was good but I really miss the harmonica solo's he used to do. Ballad Of A Thin Man is a nice powerful ending for the concert, nice audience reaction to that one.

Audience was good but not overwhelming, no real standing ovations untill the end.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 10:41 GMT 

AndoDoug wrote:
Front page seems confused this morning

Sandy wrote:
I just saw this a minute ago and for a second there I really believed I might have accidentally missed the show. I even had to double check that today is indeed Sunday. Glad to know that I didn't skip a whole day of my precious vacation time.

Exactly! However our Threadmaster may differ on anything related to him being in error

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Not that confusing, really.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 11:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

Anyone want my second row for tonight? Face.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 11:36 GMT 

Clapberry wrote:
Good show, Bob in black suit with hat, band wearing blue suits.

Star of the evening for me: Charlie Sexton, fantastic playing on Melancholy Mood, Scarlet Town and Spirit On The Water and a nice longer solo on Tangled Up In Blue.

The start of the concert was a bit slow, Bob and the band needed some time to warm up, maybe this is caused by the new arrangement of Things Have Changed which just
isn't as powerful as earlier versions. Don't Think Twice - was - alright, nice to see it back in the setlist but it didn't seem to pick up steam yesterday. Highway 61 is great and this is were the people
around me really got into it. Beyond Here Lies Nothing was good, nice guitar work by Charlie. Then Why Try To Change Me Now, great singing by Bob, audience seem to react pretty positively to the covers. Pay In Blood strong, really nice version. Melancholy Mood was a highlight for me this time, funny to see Bob walking around during the instrumental intro, he really has a hard time finding out how to act when he's not doing anything *touching mic stand, walking around with a little bit, looking at the drums, walking to Tony, then just standing still with hand on his hip, feeling if his hair and hat are still in place*, but then when he started singing it was great, as said above: really nice guitar work by Charlie. From here the band really shifted gears: great versions of Duquesne Whistle (nice playing by Donnie in combination with Bob's piano playing), Love Sick just fantastic, great singing. Tangled Up In Blue highlight of the evening for me. ERK and Scarlet both fantastic. Then All Or Nothing At All, just the weakest song on the setlist, Desolation Row was really nice to hear but felt kinda short. Soon After Midnight wasn't very special for me, same goes for That Old Black Magic. Long And Wasted Years seem to have a slightly more powerful arrangement now compared to the last time I heard it live. Autumn leaves was great as always, the way Bob sang the final line was really good.

Stage rush, it seemed Bob was okay with it too. Blowin in The Wind was good but I really miss the harmonica solo's he used to do. Ballad Of A Thin Man is a nice powerful ending for the concert, nice audience reaction to that one.

Audience was good but not overwhelming, no real standing ovations untill the end.

I'd agree with most of that except I'd have Spirit as the weakest by a distance. Very enjoyable gig overall and I thought Bob was in great form. Nice venue too - comfortable seats, decent air conditioning and perfect acoustics.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 11:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

Good beer, too, I suppose, the way people kept running for it.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 12:40 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Anyone want my second row for tonight? Face.

Which seat do you have?

mystic garden wrote:
I find it really strange he's decided to get rid of the intermission; I thought it added a nice Act One/Act Two touch to the show and gave the audience some mental space to better take in the show. It also gives Dylan and the band some breathing space and rest. Perhaps he just wants to get out of there asap?

I don't know why Bob decided to get rid of the intermission, but it definitely feels like he just wants to be done with it as early as possible.

Clapberry wrote:

Apropos Charlie, I don't think he likes that Bob now stands so close to him and Tony all the time. When Bob's at the piano, Charlie gets to walk around in all possible directions; when Bob's standing right next to him, he's a lot quieter.

MrJudasPriest wrote:
Nice venue too - comfortable seats, decent air conditioning and perfect acoustics.

Agree to disagree. At least where I was sitting, every time someone moved, all other seats moved as well. That really upset the guy sitting next to me, which in turn made my experience more miserable than it needed to be. Also, why do they have that f*cked up coin system? I know that helps them obscure the inflated prices, but I really just need some water - I'm going to pay for that overpriced bottle anyway, there's no need to make me jump thru hoops. I also have some grievances about the stage height and that silly bell sound they kept playing before the show.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 16:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

Row 2 seat 41

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 17:09 GMT 

Sandy wrote:
Apropos Charlie, I don't think he likes that Bob now stands so close to him and Tony all the time. When Bob's at the piano, Charlie gets to walk around in all possible directions; when Bob's standing right next to him, he's a lot quieter.

Hehe thants right, btw two annoying this are that Stu continues to turn his back to te audience atleast 20 times per night. And also Bob standing besides Charlie when he is centerstage. Half of the floor seatings are useless since he is not visable to all those sitting in the side of the piano. It blocks to view.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 17:20 GMT 

audio only
https://youtu.be/AbrqnrZSmvw

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 17:40 GMT 

Blind Boy Zimmerman wrote:
And also Bob standing besides Charlie when he is centerstage. Half of the floor seatings are useless since he is not visable to all those sitting in the side of the piano. It blocks to view.

The seats in the right are only good to see at the piano. The view of the band is always pretty bad on that side.

Johanna Parker wrote:
Row 2 seat 41

Mine is close by, but in the wrong direction. I hope I won't get all that light reflection from Stu's guitar in my eyes again.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 17:59 GMT 

Show's about to start. :)

(Lots of movement behind that curtain already.)

Unfortunately, flash lights seem to be back

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:03 GMT 

thanks,, Sandy

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

Have fun everyone!
Also thanks to Clapbery & Priest for chiming in observations.
And Sandy! Cheers to you!
Here we go again!

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:09 GMT 

yesss, we go again :D

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:23 GMT 

stormy weather

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:27 GMT 

really? the boys going crazy :lol:

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:37 GMT 

Sandy wrote:
stormy weather

wow, good news, first live debut of the year, wouldn't mind at all to see him sing this one in London or Dublin, one of my top five Triplicate songs

Last edited by notdarkyet on Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:45 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sandy wrote:
stormy weather

:D 8)

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:48 GMT 

Stormy as first song??!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 18:49 GMT 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next