Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon October 23rd, 2017, 19:11 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 17:57 GMT 

Who gave this people a bell to ring every few minutes? What was wrong with the old fashioned announcements that the show's about to start?

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 17:59 GMT 

Tambach wrote:
:lol: :wink:

say hello to Barron :D

Hmmm... I'd rather not

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 18:03 GMT 

Sandy wrote:
Who gave this people a bell to ring every few minutes? What was wrong with the old fashioned announcements that the show's about to start?

My bell still rings.
Ring them bells for all of us who are left.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 18:22 GMT 

Any news from the concert and its set list?

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 18:26 GMT 

Anyone else out there thinks that 'Standing in the doorway' was Dylan playing a request, or a tip of the hat to his masterly songwriting in Stockholm. It seems to stick out like a sore thumb...

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 18:38 GMT 

zagonga wrote:
Anyone else out there thinks that 'Standing in the doorway' was Dylan playing a request, or a tip of the hat to his masterly songwriting in Stockholm. It seems to stick out like a sore thumb...

Quite often in recent years had a one-off song on opening night, I wouldn't read too much into it. Probably just something they worked up in rehearsal and it didn't translate on stage the way Bob had hoped.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 18:49 GMT 

for me it was a highlight working very well :D

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 18:51 GMT 

Tambach wrote:

Yeah, and it blows 'Spirit on the water' out of the building....

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 18:58 GMT 

zagonga wrote:
Tambach wrote:

Yeah, and it blows 'Spirit on the water' out of the building....

You'd forgotten about it
Then it turned up again
Bob always knew
That it was meant to be played more than 500 times

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 19:01 GMT 

blew me out of mind

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:05 GMT 

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Heineken Music Hall
April 16, 2017

1. Things Have Changed.
2. Don't think Twice, It's All Right
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
5. Why Try To Change Me Now
6. Pay In Blood
7. Melancholy Mood
8. Duquesne Whistle
9. Love Sick
10. Tangled Up In Blue
11. Early Roman Kings
12. Spirit On The Water
13. Scarlet Town
14. All Or Nothing At All
15. Desolation Row
16. Soon After Midnight
17. That Old Black Magic
18. Long And Wasted Years
19. Autumn Leaves

(encore)
20. Blowin' In The Wind
21. Ballad Of A Thin Man

Thanks to Susan & Al and Rennee for the phone call and Gert Aanen for the email.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

Last edited by Bill Pagel on Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:13 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:05 GMT 

Hawkmoon wrote:
Any news from the concert and its set list?

thanx, Bill - it is Düsseldorf's set repeated...

Last edited by Hawkmoon on Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:11 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:08 GMT 

thanks, Bill

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

I hope To Ramona makes a return at some point.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:20 GMT 

yess, Ramona, would be fine as well as SITD :)

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:27 GMT 

Hawkmoon wrote:
thanx, Bill - it is Düsseldorf's set repeated...

one huge difference :wink: can be observed on the more detailed set lists on Bill's site:

in Düsseldorf (third gig within three days) 11. Early Roman Kings (Bob sitting at piano)
in Amsterdam (after two days of rest) 11. Early Roman Kings (Bob standing at piano)

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 20:29 GMT 

Maybe I missed Why try to change me now, but most of the people are missing I could have told You too.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 21:13 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
I hope To Ramona makes a return at some point.

Why? Does he perform it better than the better DTTIA? I'd prefer the latter when I see him at the Palladium, where I'll be rattling my substantial jewellery (first one to work that out gets an apple), come the 28th.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 21:25 GMT 

Show was fine, but having had 2 days off doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. Maybe next time they'll add a 3rd day so everyone has time to recover.

Now that the maracas are gone, the "I-look-like-a-Xmas-tree-lightning-up" suits are slightly less fun. Also, if they're an attempt to keep the boys from moving around too much, the mission is not being fully accomplished. Still, it at least seems to motivate Stu to face the audience a bit more (if someone knows that the back is even worse, that's Stu :lol: ).

Tonight's noodle must have been one of the longest I've ever seen. At one point, Stu turned around to see what the hell was going on with George and then had to keep going for what looked like an eternity. Maybe this is his new punishment :lol:

In Stockholm, I had the feeling this version of THC (the song - not the substance in the cake I bought that isn't doing anything for me at all) worked well. Tonight, that wasn't the case. Bob looked like he was wondering why in the world he was even singing that song. (I spent a significant portion of this song feeling sorry for the guy that has to clean the piano.)

DTT was OK, but at the beginning it almost seemed that Bob wasn't sure whether the whole band was on the same page. He must think these small variations of the set are very overwhelming for the boys. :lol: I think I prefer "To Ramona" in this slot.

HW61 was again a lot of fun.

WTTCMN doesn't always work all that well in this overdramatized version. And that's something that now happens whenever Bob's center stage. It's usually fun to watch, but it often sounds too fake because Bob goes over the top, way over what the lyrics to these songs can sustain.

DW had an interesting new intro (new here is in relation to the last show I saw).

ERK & SOTW were among the best performances of the night not because of the songs themselves, but because of how much fun Bob was having with the piano.

ST now seems to feature an increasing amount of conga playing, which I'm a sucker for. I could sit there all night just watching that.

DR was great.

TOBM is getting worse by the day. The only thing this song has going for it is that it's at least fun to watch (unlike, you know, AONAA).

LAWY has been so much better in the past.

BOATM works great as a closer for this show.

Since there was a bit of a space issue in Stockholm, I assumed some of the stuff that happened was only due to the local constraints. However, it seems that the increased presence of technicians on stage is actually related to the new song transitions.

BTW, did anyone catch what exactly was said on the left side during the final lineup? Some people were cheering George a lot and he almost looked like he was asking them to bring it down a bit. Maybe he didn't read the interview his boss gave confirming his job is save - no need to worry about Bob being jealous anymore. :lol:

All in all, it was a good show. It's not as much to my liking as the previous version, but it's still a good show and it's fun to watch. 8)

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 21:31 GMT 

Tambach wrote:

Same here. Won't happen, but it should definitely be brought back immediately.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 23:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

thanks Sandy, your thoughts are always a hoot, so glad george is fighting off the hordes.

those suits and bob's midnight stars shirt and soft gray hat with his new suit slay like a silver dagger from the isles

"The Small Blue is Britain's smallest butterfly. It is an inconspicuous and sometimes described as a drab butterfly, but close inspection shows its dusting of silvery-blue scales, at least on the male. The females upperside is plain brown. The Small Blue is in decline, somewhat nationally, although there are small colonies scattered over the Isle of Wight. It is on the wing during May and June."
http://marmari2011.blogspot.com/2011_10_01_archive.html

DTT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCEtPu9o_yo

Etta Baker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPwYJqwUi5w

Last edited by bobschool on Sun April 16th, 2017, 23:46 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun April 16th, 2017, 23:44 GMT 

It was overall a very solid performance but kinda boring i have to admit. Early Roman King may have been the most enjoyable song. Bob's voice is doing wonders on Why Try to Change Me. Alas, it wasn't enough to make the show exciting. I think this version of Ballad of a Thin Man is the worst closer Dylan could find (maybe with Wainting for you).

Also, it may me time to be more precise with Bob placement on the stage. 'Center stage' could be misleading. Tonight 'backstage' may have been more relevant since, from where i was standing, Bob seems to be behind Charlie (but still in front of Tony). I was sitting on the 5 th row on the right and couldn't see a thing :cry:

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 00:00 GMT 
Titanium Member

:cry: so sorry kicx, but hey you're in amsterdam i want to study with wouter hanegraaff there he's doing a lot to revolutionize esotericism research would love to help him do that.

you aren't named after Kix the band are you, they were wildd

Kix - "Midnight Dynamite" (Official Music Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJg8DlOnjYg

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 00:31 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sandy: Thanks for laying it all out there. Much appreciated!

Kicx: Thank you too!

The train keeps rollin' all night long...

PostPosted: Mon April 17th, 2017, 01:49 GMT 

Is there still an intermission mid-set?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next