Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 11th, 2017, 02:21 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu February 16th, 2017, 14:03 GMT 

I'm afraid you've approached the situation the wrong way and it might now be too late to fix it.

Obviously, the best solution is to never get married in the first place. That way you don't have to explain yourself to your husband/wife. Same strategy works for kids: to avoid having to explain them why you don't want them to do the exact same thing you did, just don't have kids. This is a bullet-proof strategy. :lol: Unfortunately, you seem to have already made the mistake of getting married, so this might not be an option for you. (I assume you're not considering filling for divorce, 'coz you still seem to care about how you're going to tell her about the new show.)

The next best option is not to say "I'm going to Paris to see Dylan" but rather just say "Paris seems to be such a lovely city that I just booked a trip to go there in a couple of months". Later, while planning what you're going to see/do while you're in town, you just add "a concert" for that evening. This also works for single people. For instance, I'm not going to see another 4 Bob Dylan shows in April: I'm simply going to visit Stockholm and Amsterdam that month, and Bob just happens to be in town as well. Nice coincidence, I guess. Unfortunately, it looks like it's too late for you to use this option.

dvdunplugged wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
You probably used up the 'he's dang old & I'd better go see him while I can' excuse 20 years ago, but you can try...

Spot on, and when I announced I was going to Paris she said to a mutual friend "I really thought 10 years ago he'd grow out of it but he's just the same". What puts me in a worse light is that I'm already a footie fan anyway!

At this point - and assuming you don't want to just flat out lie to her - your best option might be to say that you're so happy with your life together that you don't want to change a thing about it for fear of damaging the super-awesome-fantastic relationship you two built throughout the years.

If that doesn't work, you can always try the more expensive solution of getting her into a trip with some female friends during that time. If she accepts, you might be legally exempt from telling her what you'll be doing while she's away. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat February 18th, 2017, 01:23 GMT 
Promethium Member

With another sneak peek at that Triplet track today, it's clear the excuses & reasons are gonna hafta be made to ourselves.

PostPosted: Fri February 24th, 2017, 08:39 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
With another sneak peek at that Triplet track today, it's clear the excuses & reasons are gonna hafta be made to ourselves.

I've been telling myself that they won't play that song live. Unless, of course, it comes to a point where I'm desperate to go to the toilet, in which case they might play it just to make sure I can leave the room without missing anything relevant.

PostPosted: Fri February 24th, 2017, 12:45 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sandy wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:

I've been telling myself that they won't play that song live. Unless, of course, it comes to a point where I'm desperate to go to the toilet, in which case they might play it just to make sure I can leave the room without missing anything relevant.

Using that logic, you can make as many toilet runs as necessary.
American Standard might even be the actual name of a toilet company if I recall correctly.

PostPosted: Fri February 24th, 2017, 16:36 GMT 

https://www.americanstandard-us.com/bat ... s-category

PostPosted: Wed March 15th, 2017, 06:34 GMT 

He's dang old ?!

Hell, I'm dang old and he's got to be seen by me, while he can !

PostPosted: Thu March 16th, 2017, 22:54 GMT 

I like to see him up close.

PostPosted: Thu March 16th, 2017, 23:15 GMT 
Titanium Member

darshan

PostPosted: Fri March 17th, 2017, 01:19 GMT 
Promethium Member

Alouette wrote:
darshan

Love it.

PostPosted: Fri March 17th, 2017, 18:23 GMT 

No excuse needed, no reason to be invented: It might be the last chance to see one of the greatest and best singers/songwriters ever live on stage.

PostPosted: Fri March 17th, 2017, 18:26 GMT 

I'm going to the Liverpool gig on May 8th.

I'm taking my 19 year old son with me, and we plan to make a night of it, with a pre-show meal, and hopefully a few beers afterwards.

We spend little time together (sadly) so really looking forward to some 'quality' time with him.

Just hoping the Sinatra covers are kept to a minimum.

PostPosted: Thu March 30th, 2017, 17:18 GMT 
Titanium Member

^ the live in your face version of them may be the only thing left that can change your opinion of them, Leonard. And I'll stand by that.

PostPosted: Thu March 30th, 2017, 19:50 GMT 

A Merry Llama wrote:
^ the live in your face version of them may be the only thing left that can change your opinion of them, Leonard. And I'll stand by that.

Cheers mate, I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Fri March 31st, 2017, 03:11 GMT 
Promethium Member

A Merry Llama wrote:
^ the live in your face version of them may be the only thing left that can change your opinion of them, Leonard.

That is, of course, if you can stay awake, Leonard.
If you can keep from nodding off, you will truly realize just what a bore these Standards are.

PostPosted: Fri March 31st, 2017, 03:58 GMT 

I'm down to a) it's a new venue, or b) I like the venue. If I don't like the venue I don't bother.