Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 18th, 2017, 20:18 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat February 11th, 2017, 14:43 GMT 

I had similar problems (as per bobfan on another thread)
On ticketmaster bang on 10am, no tickets available and it was like this for half an hour and going through the robot and streetsign/shopfront stuff, gave up. Then tried rutlive, nothing again and then two tickets popped up for Saturday in the stalls so I grabbed them. Then the checkout kept feezing ! Tickets were appearing and disappearing all morning. It's defo not first come, first served anymore. Secured my stalls tickets late morning!!
Think in a lot of cases its ticket transactions not completing or cards not going through and then the tickets appear back again.
It was a nightmare. I wonder if ticketmaster actually had any tickets in the first place ??
It's a load of stress, not like the good old days :(

moab

PostPosted: Sat February 11th, 2017, 16:32 GMT 

man on a bridge wrote:
I had similar problems (as per bobfan on another thread)
On ticketmaster bang on 10am, no tickets available and it was like this for half an hour and going through the robot and streetsign/shopfront stuff, gave up. Then tried rutlive, nothing again and then two tickets popped up for Saturday in the stalls so I grabbed them. Then the checkout kept feezing ! Tickets were appearing and disappearing all morning. It's defo not first come, first served anymore. Secured my stalls tickets late morning!!
Think in a lot of cases its ticket transactions not completing or cards not going through and then the tickets appear back again.
It was a nightmare. I wonder if ticketmaster actually had any tickets in the first place ??
It's a load of stress, not like the good old days :(

moab

Yes, I ended up with a ticket eventually although I am slightly disappointed that I lost the close to the stage stall seat I originally had due to the Palladium's ticket booking system (Rutlive) malfunctioning at the final stage of checkout, and had to settle for one in the upper tier. I was working at the time so I had to wait for a break before I could phone to clarify what had happened to my ticket and, of course, by then it was gone. At the same time I had absolutely no intention of paying the same amount to attend one of the arena gigs so relieved to get anything. It shouldn't be this complicated, or stressful though.
Tickets were available for all three nights throughout the day if you kept refreshing the Rutlive page, although by around 4.00pm they were all sold out.

PostPosted: Sat February 11th, 2017, 21:56 GMT 

By the way, the ticket prices on the secondary sites are an absolute disgrace.

PostPosted: Sun February 12th, 2017, 03:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

bobfan wrote:

Of course they are. Always have been.
But...as long as people buy, that's what it's all about for them.
I think some of us fall into frustration because these touts aren't treating people the way we would.
Guess what? Welcome to the real world.
They don't give one shit about you, me or anyone.
Bottom line: Profit. End of story.

PostPosted: Thu February 16th, 2017, 07:15 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
bobfan wrote:

Of course they are. Always have been.
But...as long as people buy, that's what it's all about for them.
I think some of us fall into frustration because these touts aren't treating people the way we would.
Guess what? Welcome to the real world.
They don't give one shit about you, me or anyone.
Bottom line: Profit. End of story.

Totally agree, and the only way is to never buy from the resale sites at inflated prices, even if it means missing a show from time to time. As someone else said though, normally tickets turn up at the last minute on the official sales channels such as Ticketmaster. Last year the Neil Young show at the O2 was 'sold out' for months but on Ticketmaster I got a great seat at the side of the stage about two weeks before the show.

PostPosted: Thu February 16th, 2017, 13:26 GMT 

knickerless wrote:
I called those dudes looking after the official VIP yesterday to get an idea of what they had and they implied; most of the front seven rows of the stalls, front three rows of the circle and more...

The more seems to be the bunch of seats in rows 8-11 of the stalls that they're selling now as well (after the tickets for rows 1-7 sold out).

youngsbest wrote:
The government review was authored by Professor Michael Waterson, economics professor at Warwick University.
He said primary sites like Ticketmaster, Ticketweb and Seetickets should "take seriously the possibility of mass purchase by individuals using bots who have no intention of attending the event and guard against this".
[...]
He praised Glastonbury's ticketing model, whereby tickets are "deliberately personalised" and ID is checked at the gates - and encouraged more sellers to introduce ID requirements.

He can rest assure that they take it very seriously. Mostly because they stand to profit a lot from it. Looking at how Ticketmaster has been running some sales lately, I'd say they're more likely to guard against the individuals who are not using bots and who seem to be just real fans who might have no intention of reselling their tickets.

As for the ID requirements, I was actually against that for a long time. Tickets are usually sold months in advance and often things happen later that prevent some fans who already have tickets from attending the show. Those folks should, of course, be able to transfer their tickets to someone else. However, given the increasing number of tickets that end up on the secondary market shortly after (and sometimes even before) the general onsale starts for almost any popular event these days, I guess that would be a step in the right direction. It'd suck to be left with a ticket that you can't use anymore (esp. if you end up also losing money on non-refundable transportation/accommodation rates for the same event), but the current alternative sucks even more and affects a lot more people.

PostPosted: Thu February 16th, 2017, 13:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

ID checks at GA shows... oww dear...

PostPosted: Tue February 21st, 2017, 08:54 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
ID checks at GA shows... oww dear...

That's no great deal. Simply establish a waiting zone in front of the venue one can only enter with the right ID and everything will be fine at the doors. You can ask the people from Mainz for assistance.