Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon October 23rd, 2017, 04:03 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed December 21st, 2016, 07:12 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Discussions about the general availability of tickets and ways of getting them have begun to take place in TICKETS FOR SALE and TICKETS WANTED.

Those threads are specificially designed for members here to communicate with other members about tickets they have and wish to sell (within the provisions stated in the opening announcement) and for members who wish to acquire tickets for Dylan shows from other members.

Navigating and administering the TICKETS FOR SALE & TICKETS WANTED threads is made more complicated by posts of a more general nature.

There is no reason tips for getting tickets, speculation about tickets, personal anecdotes about about ticket buying from venues or agents, or news about ticket availability can't be discussed in this forum, it may be helpful from time to time, but to make life simple for everybody those discussions should not take place in the TICKETS FOR SALE or TICKETS WANTED threads. This thread might be a good place to have them.

Thank you, everyone.

PostPosted: Wed February 1st, 2017, 08:42 GMT 

Did anyone manage to get Block A2, A3 or A4 at Wembley during the general sale? I got one in A2 after several tries but had the impression that there was almost nothing available there. Guess those areas are being held back or were sent straight to the resale sites.

PostPosted: Thu February 2nd, 2017, 18:59 GMT 

I wonder if anyone was able to get floor seats for the first Stockholm show…

PostPosted: Sun February 5th, 2017, 00:15 GMT 

I'm also looking for a ticket of any kind to any of the Stockholm shows!

Post subject: Re: TICKETS WANTED
PostPosted: Thu February 9th, 2017, 08:16 GMT 

i just purchased a Lund ticket, they are back on sale at ticketmaster.se as are other swedish shows. It is probably miles from the stage are there are no GA tickets available that I could find. I will just have to enjoy the comfy chair

PostPosted: Thu February 9th, 2017, 21:26 GMT 

after I found out that Ticketmaster.se started a new sale for Stockholm tickets this morning I wrote them an email to complain about the business practices:

Dear Sirs,

On December 14th, 2016 I ordered a ticket for the Bob Dylan Concert at Stockholm Waterfront immediately after the tickets went on sale. Much to my surprise the best available seat was “Övre Läktare Sektion …“, which is not really a good seat. Minutes later the show was sold out and I wondered how tickets sold so fast.
Now I found out that more tickets went on sale through your website today. Obviously tickets (even for better seats) had been held back.
As an honest costumer who had a hard time trying to secure a good ticket when tickets went on sale I now feel somehow betrayed since obviously not everybody had the same chance to secure a good seat for the show. I really like to point out that I consider the way you sell tickets by holding contingents of tickets back a very unfair business practice.

Kind Regards

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 10:40 GMT 

Where the X did tickets for London go? I was online at 10 and I couldn't get anything on ticketmaster (even seats in the back, nothing). There were some on Rutlive but nothing good. I just can't get it.

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 10:55 GMT 

It must be a fix. I'm glad I've got my ticket for Cardiff. Hotels much cheaper than London too

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 10:56 GMT 

Yeah I got lucky with x2 in the stalls for Sunday but that was with three devices on constant refresh for 10 mins.

I called those dudes looking after the official VIP yesterday to get an idea of what they had and they implied; most of the front seven rows of the stalls, front three rows of the circle and more... So if you add this to guest lists etc I'd be surprised if half of the seats ever made it onto general sale.

It's a real shame.

What's not a real shame are my dead centre row N stall seats... sorry, couldn't resist 8)

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 11:01 GMT 
Promethium Member

johnwesley61 wrote:
Where the X did tickets for London go? I was online at 10 and I couldn't get anything on ticketmaster (even seats in the back, nothing). There were some on Rutlive but nothing good. I just can't get it.

Given that yesterday, tickets to the Scandinavian shows suddenly went on sale again, and decent ones too, do check back regularly. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 11:04 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
johnwesley61 wrote:

Given that yesterday, tickets to the Scandinavian shows suddenly went on sale again, and decent ones too, do check back regularly. Good luck!

I'm not even sure to go, I was just checking in case. The best ticket I found was a row 10 on Rutlive.
Ticketmaster is a real shame indeed.

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 11:15 GMT 

johnwesley61 wrote:

I have been an hour constant trying to get tickets

Ticketmaster must have asked me 300 times if I am a robot

I had two browsers open, multiple tabs for each night, then different tabs for each ticket outlet. Jesus, by the end I had no idea what was happening

When Rutlive eventually loaded the only tickets were at the back of the top tier

Ticketmaster twice threw me out when I had tickets in basket, after card details added. I had about 10 rows bacjk in stalls at one point.

About 10:20 I realised I hadnt tried seetickets, through their actusl website. I think the rutlive was somehow using seetickets system as i noticed after a while rutlive address had seetickets in it?

Seetickets was showing sold out, then single tickets available..wouldnt let me buy a single ticket! Saying couldnt leave single on own. It eventually let me put one in basket, then crashed

By the end I had no idea what was going on. Somehow at 10:50 I bought one right in the heavens for friday. Straight away after reloaded seetickets and it was allowing me to buy the stalls ticket for friday. Row R I think. I bought that too. So I have a spare for friday if anyone wants it.

To sum up, I should have called on the telephone (although I did that once and was sent tickets I didnt agree to over the phone, so tended to always use websites since).

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 11:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

johnwesley61 wrote:

Bob hawking extra expensive deals via his website, plus ISIS / Des Row fan ticket allocation probably also a factor, esp at a smallish venue.

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 11:31 GMT 

Just got x2 decent seats in the royal circle for the Saturday through rutlive. You need to keep going back to the availability page for the three nights and it changes by the minute then be quick... very very quick!

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 11:33 GMT 

Sounds like you need a PA.

nightly moth wrote:
johnwesley61 wrote:

I have been an hour constant trying to get tickets

Ticketmaster must have asked me 300 times if I am a robot

I had two browsers open, multiple tabs for each night, then different tabs for each ticket outlet. Jesus, by the end I had no idea what was happening

When Rutlive eventually loaded the only tickets were at the back of the top tier

Ticketmaster twice threw me out when I had tickets in basket, after card details added. I had about 10 rows bacjk in stalls at one point.

About 10:20 I realised I hadnt tried seetickets, through their actusl website. I think the rutlive was somehow using seetickets system as i noticed after a while rutlive address had seetickets in it?

Seetickets was showing sold out, then single tickets available..wouldnt let me buy a single ticket! Saying couldnt leave single on own. It eventually let me put one in basket, then crashed

By the end I had no idea what was going on. Somehow at 10:50 I bought one right in the heavens for friday. Straight away after reloaded seetickets and it was allowing me to buy the stalls ticket for friday. Row R I think. I bought that too. So I have a spare for friday if anyone wants it.

To sum up, I should have called on the telephone (although I did that once and was sent tickets I didnt agree to over the phone, so tended to always use websites since).

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 12:40 GMT 

I managed to get two in the stalls for Friday night. Tried Ticketmaster, See Tickets and Rutlive... first two kept crashing at 10am, then Rutlive went through smoothly, seemingly without a glitch. Wasn't interested at all in seeing this current, intimate show in a massive arena, but am now genuinely excited about seeing the show in this more intimate setting. And I've never been to the Palladium.

Well done to those who got through, and keep trying! to those who were not so lucky....

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 13:35 GMT 

I got 2 tickets for the Sunday, towards the rear of the stalls on what will probably be the opposite side to Bob's piano with a good view when he stands centre stage. This is thanks to a 'knight in shining armour' who sent me a link to the presale yesterday. I failed to get any tickets via the fan allocation, you had to be seriously quick off the mark this time!

So my husband and I (in my Queen voice) shall be attending 'Sunday Night at the London Palladium'. Wow.

I looked at the VIP deals but they cost as much as buying a ticket for all 3 nights, no thanks! Perhaps some of these will fail to sell and come up at a sensible price nearer the date?

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 14:00 GMT 

Rimshottbob wrote:
I managed to get two in the stalls for Friday night. Tried Ticketmaster, See Tickets and Rutlive... first two kept crashing at 10am, then Rutlive went through smoothly, seemingly without a glitch. Wasn't interested at all in seeing this current, intimate show in a massive arena, but am now genuinely excited about seeing the show in this more intimate setting. And I've never been to the Palladium.
Well done to those who got through, and keep trying! to those who were not so lucky....

I had the added problem of a laptop that seems to work when it wants, wi fi can be a real pain at times. So I decided to put myself in the local library - free internet access for an hour! Furthermore, I was lucky - got 2 tickets for Saturday night in the stalls. Pricey and I only went for the one show, didn't want to be greedy. I'm just happy to be at one of these intimate shows - hope it won't be another Roundhouse!

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 14:29 GMT 

At least we'll be sitting down with the possibility of a loo break. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 15:56 GMT 

slewan wrote:
after I found out that Ticketmaster.se started a new sale for Stockholm tickets this morning I wrote them an email to complain about the business practices:

Dear Sirs,

On December 14th, 2016 I ordered a ticket for the Bob Dylan Concert at Stockholm Waterfront immediately after the tickets went on sale. Much to my surprise the best available seat was “Övre Läktare Sektion …“, which is not really a good seat. Minutes later the show was sold out and I wondered how tickets sold so fast.
Now I found out that more tickets went on sale through your website today. Obviously tickets (even for better seats) had been held back.
As an honest costumer who had a hard time trying to secure a good ticket when tickets went on sale I now feel somehow betrayed since obviously not everybody had the same chance to secure a good seat for the show. I really like to point out that I consider the way you sell tickets by holding contingents of tickets back a very unfair business practice.

Kind Regards

Dear customer,

thank you for choosing us to obtain your concert tickets.

While we are taking every measure necessary to meet all the demands of our customers and reaching high to make our services even better, in very few individual cases it might come to a situation in which - to our deepest regrets - we cannot satisfy the legitimate wish for a certain seat, especially when the request for tickets is high.

If we did not provide a ticket you are completely content with, we apologize profusely.

We are looking forward to your next order.

----------------------------------------------------

Meaning: Who are you? Don't keep us for a company you can expect anything from. Our first aim is to satisfy our shareholders who have every right of getting well paid for their investment with us.

We do everything to make this possible. This includes to hold back good seats for quite a while to give the impression of a fast selling event, so people will buy not so good tickets in the early selling-hours. And this should not be forgotten: We founded subcompanies for the secondary market with a purpose. To shift as many tickets as possible directly to them, so we can generate higher earnings and even can cash in a good amount of commission.

We are not stupid, are we?

--------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 16:10 GMT 

h.egbert wrote:
slewan wrote:

Dear Sirs,

Kind Regards

Dear customer,

While we are taking every measure necessary to meet all the demands of our customers and reaching high to make our services even better, in very few individual cases it might come to a situation in which - to our deepest regrets - we cannot satisfy the legitimate wish for a certain seat, especially when the request for tickets is high.

If we did not provide a ticket you are completely content with, we apologize profusely.

Meaning: Who are you? Don't keep us for a company you can expect anything from. Our first aim is to satisfy our shareholders who have every right of getting well paid for their investment with us.

We do everything to make this possible. This includes to hold back good seats for quite a while to give the impression of a fast selling event, so people will buy not so good tickets in the early selling-hours. And this should not be forgotten: We founded subcompanies for the secondary market with a purpose. To shift as many tickets as possible directly to them, so we can generate higher earnings and even can cash in a good amount of commission.

"We are looking forward to your next order". Great conclusion.

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 17:26 GMT 

h.egbert wrote:
slewan wrote:

Dear Sirs,

Kind Regards

Dear customer,

I haven't received an answer yet. How did you received the answer to my inquiry?

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 17:56 GMT 

slewan wrote:

I haven't received an answer yet. How did you received the answer to my inquiry?

I looked into the giudebook "how to write featureless answers to uncomfortable letters to corporations"

(Please tell us if the real answer shows something more substantial).

PostPosted: Fri February 10th, 2017, 18:07 GMT 

How much were the tickets for the Palladium. I didn't even bother trying. Just doing Bournemouth.

PostPosted: Sat February 11th, 2017, 13:27 GMT 

I logged on the rut live site bang on 10. No book tickets button, just a tickets on sale at 10am message. Went to 'see ticket's, but this this just gave a server error message. The book tickets button on the rut live site didn't appear until 10.20, at which point all that was left were a couple of single tickets on Friday, at the back of beyond. Loads of tickets on Viagogo of course at £130+. Hopefully something will result from the current investigation into secondary ticketing:

The government review was authored by Professor Michael Waterson, economics professor at Warwick University.
He said primary sites like Ticketmaster, Ticketweb and Seetickets should "take seriously the possibility of mass purchase by individuals using bots who have no intention of attending the event and guard against this".
"Mass purchases of this kind are usually undertaken with a view to resale at a profit, resulting in the primary sites selling out very quickly and tickets ending up on the secondary ticketing market at inflated prices."
He praised Glastonbury's ticketing model, whereby tickets are "deliberately personalised" and ID is checked at the gates - and encouraged more sellers to introduce ID requirements.
Professor Waterson was also critical of ticket pre-sales, revealing that often "85-90% of a venue's inventory has already been sold" by the time the general sale begins.
He also cited oral evidence suggesting that some concert promoters "quietly" gave tickets to secondary sites at higher prices "because they recognise the gains to be made".