Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 18:34 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: UK Tour 2017
PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 19:48 GMT 

kh158 wrote:
Thanks a lot! I just saw on their site that they have a pre-sale for people who have signed up to their e-mail. Pre-sale is at 10am tomorrow, but you had to be signed up prior to 7pm today. Just missed out!

Here's a link to the priority Liverpool sale on tomorrow .
Probably won't work if you dont have an email registered with them , but no harm in trying

http://www.echoarena.com/whats-on/bob-d ... %20Booking

PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 20:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

Oneofusmustknow wrote:
The scale of the venues being visited this tour definitely indicates that the whole 'living legend' thing is being touted this year. A moniker which Bob has never really toured under. I'd like to see him, but Wembley is frankly rubbish to see this guy playing in, but it's been 10 years since he played Wembley, so we were probably due it.

Sod it, I might go and see him. Feels a bit rubbish to have missed him at RAH in 2015 and then having to slum it at Wembley arena. Bournemouth might hopefully be possible.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 20:22 GMT 

The tickets for the Liverpool gig are on sale from Tuesday 10-00am.

I'm hoping to get 2 tickets for myself and my son.

Prices seem to range from £61 to £75.

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 09:38 GMT 

Bournemouth won't be the same if it's all seated. I stood the last couple of Dylan shows there and don't see the problem. For those who wish to have a seat there's loads available.

The first show i saw in Cardiff, 2004, I was seated upstairs on one side. The sound was awful. I stood there the next time I went!

I have mixed memories of Wembley, 2000 was my best show there - I was side on to the stage but had a great view. I think 2003 was Ok ish but i was in Area B - quite a way back. I went to both the 2007 shows there but can't remember much about them.

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 10:19 GMT 

cohenadmirer wrote:
kh158 wrote:
Thanks a lot! I just saw on their site that they have a pre-sale for people who have signed up to their e-mail. Pre-sale is at 10am tomorrow, but you had to be signed up prior to 7pm today. Just missed out!

Here's a link to the priority Liverpool sale on tomorrow .
Probably won't work if you dont have an email registered with them , but no harm in trying

http://www.echoarena.com/whats-on/bob-d ... %20Booking

The best the priority sale came up with , just as going on sale, was Row W centre front block. Either hundreds of tickets were sold in seconds , or they simply aren't offering the best seats in this sale . Maybe they are hoping to sell a lot of VIP tickets ?

Didn't buy as hoping for better via the Desolation Row allocation.

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 10:25 GMT 

Just got row B seats from the Liverpool pre-sale! Thanks guys for the help, my first Dylan concert should be a blast!

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 10:26 GMT 

kh158 wrote:
Just got row B seats from the Liverpool pre-sale! Thanks guys for the help, my first Dylan concert should be a blast!

Well done - luck was with you. :D

Last edited by cohenadmirer on Sat December 10th, 2016, 10:45 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 10:45 GMT 

On ticketmaster it says that he's down to play Dublin 11th May?

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Bob-Dylan ... ist/734972

Tickets for Dublin go on sale on Monday.

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 11:48 GMT 

I managed to get a good ticket for the show in Liverpool (thanks Mr. Ryanair for the cheap flights).

Now I need at least a show in Italy. :D

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 12:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

kh158 wrote:

Which block? I keep pulling row B in block F, but that's behind the front blocks.

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 12:52 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
kh158 wrote:

Which block? I keep pulling row B in block F, but that's behind the front blocks.

I was refreshing the page immediately at 10am and I got 2 tickets for block C row B. Just lucky I guess...

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 16:47 GMT 

[/quote]Which block? I keep pulling row B in block F, but that's behind the front blocks.[/quote]

I was refreshing the page immediately at 10am and I got 2 tickets for block C row B. Just lucky I guess...[/quote]

Must have been just a few seconds behind you and got offered Row W.
Now only totally rubbish seats are being offered.

Lets hope that the general sale on tuesday still has good seats available

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 22:00 GMT 

Applied for the ISIS ticket allocation for the first time today (for Glasgow); was just wondering, before I commit to tickets and send payment, how good are the seats normally for this kind of allocation? Is there a chance of finding a better seat when tickets go on sale Tuesday, or am I guaranteed better seats if I stick with the allocation?

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 22:49 GMT 

KelvinP wrote:
Applied for the ISIS ticket allocation for the first time today (for Glasgow); was just wondering, before I commit to tickets and send payment, how good are the seats normally for this kind of allocation? Is there a chance of finding a better seat when tickets go on sale Tuesday, or am I guaranteed better seats if I stick with the allocation?

Used this service for several years, and the seats are always good . Though you are told quickly whether or not you have been allocated isis tickets , you wont know what the exact seats are for some time.... maybe months

it is possible, though not likely , you could be lucky enough to do better if you are quick off the mark in the pre or general sales .
For example the guy who reported above getting central second row seats at liverpool in the presale would be very unlikely to have done better via isis!
You could try the general sale before sending payment to JB and if you are happy with the seats can cancel the isis seats

PostPosted: Sat December 10th, 2016, 22:53 GMT 

Thanks for the info, cohenadmirer - it's a great service they're offering to fans, there's just something about not knowing what my seats are for so long that puts me slightly on edge! Will maybe have a look at the general sale on Tuesday and see what it's looking like. Thanks again for the advice.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 00:11 GMT 

cohenadmirer wrote:
KelvinP wrote:

Used this service for several years, and the seats are always good . Though you are told quickly whether or not you have been allocated isis tickets , you wont know what the exact seats are for some time.... maybe months

it is possible, though not likely , you could be lucky enough to do better if you are quick off the mark in the pre or general sales .
For example the guy who reported above getting central second row seats at liverpool in the presale would be very unlikely to have done better via isis!
You could try the general sale before sending payment to JB and if you are happy with the seats can cancel the isis seats

The seats in the 2nd row of sector C aren't necessarily that good. If the seats are towards the right side of that sector, it's likely the view won't be the best, even if you're relatively close to the stage. If things haven't changed since the last summer tour, several seats in sector C will be to the right of the piano, which means a really shitty view for the people in the first couple of rows.

Also, please don't ask for tickets in the fan allocation if you're not actually going to pay for them. That might put John in a bad situation and is incredibly disrespectful toward other fans who might end up settling for worse seats during the general sale if they land on the waiting list only. If you want to try your luck in the general onsale, you should do that before asking John for any tickets, not after.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 00:18 GMT 

Sandy that's a very correct and ethical perspective . i should have said if you are lucky enough to be allocated tickets by john have faith that they will be better than what you are likely to get elsewhere. That's what i do..... Much admiration for the work john does for us
I agree people should be hesitant accepting extreme left or right seats in the front rows
Let's hope that jh158's block c tickets are good .

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 00:45 GMT 

Presales and all decents seats gone. Sounds like it will be Get Me In for my daughters and myself. I know that the Clyde Auditorium generally has a good view throughout the venue. Any advice on the Liverpool Echo arena. Are the rear seats up in the heavens and binocular viewing recommended ?
Cheers

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 08:28 GMT 

Sandy wrote:
The seats in the 2nd row of sector C aren't necessarily that good. If the seats are towards the right side of that sector, it's likely the view won't be the best, even if you're relatively close to the stage. If things haven't changed since the last summer tour, several seats in sector C will be to the right of the piano, which means a really shitty view for the people in the first couple of rows.

It states on the detailed seat map of the Echo Arena that the first rows in any of the front blocks offer an "excellent view of the stage". Also, looking at other concerts there, the stage seems pretty open so there should be a good view from anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 12:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

kh158 wrote:
It states on the detailed seat map of the Echo Arena that the first rows in any of the front blocks offer an "excellent view of the stage". Also, looking at other concerts there, the stage seems pretty open so there should be a good view from anywhere.

Not with Dylan's stage setup. As was pointed out, when he's on piano, many people will merely see his back.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 13:05 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
kh158 wrote:

Not with Dylan's stage setup. As was pointed out, when he's on piano, many people will merely see his back.

The further to the left in block c the better .The middle of block c might more or less line up with the usual position of the piano
Maybe there's a difference between having a good view of the stage and a good view of whats going on on stage?

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 13:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

cohenadmirer wrote:
Maybe there's a difference between having a good view of the stage and a good view of whats going on on stage?

Of course - but I assume if people ask about it here, they want to actually see Dylan.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 13:13 GMT 

TOTO wrote:
Presales and all decents seats gone. Sounds like it will be Get Me In for my daughters and myself. I know that the Clyde Auditorium generally has a good view throughout the venue. Any advice on the Liverpool Echo arena. Are the rear seats up in the heavens and binocular viewing recommended ?
Cheers

I've been to all the venues on this tour over the years.
Undoubtedly the clyde auditorium is the best of the bunch , followed by the BIC.
Liverpool isn't the worst , but seats at the back of the stalls and in the upper tiers are a bit distant from the stage , certainly for an artst with low light and no screens. In terms of sound , liverpool is called the echo arena after the local newspaper , but it's often an appropriate term when it comes to sound issues too!

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 13:24 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
cohenadmirer wrote:

Of course - but I assume if people ask about it here, they want to actually see Dylan.

I was last at the arena to see Elton John .
I shot this video which on the wide shots gives some sense of the block C seats - stage right- in relation to the stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77AAVt0lzCA

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 13:33 GMT 
Promethium Member

Oneofusmustknow wrote:
On ticketmaster it says that he's down to play Dublin 11th May?

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Bob-Dylan ... ist/734972

Tickets for Dublin go on sale on Monday.

Though what exactly is the 'Three Cust' presale? Exactly whose customer do you need to be this time?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next