Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 16:56 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: UK Tour 2017
PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 18:54 GMT 

Liverpool 8th of May for me, so I will see Dylan live before I sneak out the back door.

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 19:00 GMT 

It's got to be the BIC - all the other venues are cavernous. Hopefully more to be announced soon for the UK. Not being greedy or anything, but it's a sprinkling of dates in a country with a lot of fans. Wembley is a no no, that's the problem for the London show. It's a massive venue which just would not work with his current live show - if he keeps it the same that is i.e. Mostly Sinatra covers.

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 19:12 GMT 

Oneofusmustknow wrote:
It's got to be the BIC - all the other venues are cavernous. Hopefully more to be announced soon for the UK.

the BIC is surely the best venue of this UK tour. I don't think that there will be more shows added (except for maybe a second London show). Isis has come up with a poster and they hardly made it up themselves http://www.bobdylanisis.com/access-all-areas-blog/
If there were more shows to be announced Bob's touring company hardly released that poster.

btw: funny that they changed the route of the tour – usually it's Bournemouth -> Cardiff, not the other way round (but once again not time for a stop-over in bath)

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 19:55 GMT 

slewan wrote:
Oneofusmustknow wrote:
It's got to be the BIC - all the other venues are cavernous. Hopefully more to be announced soon for the UK.

the BIC is surely the best venue of this UK tour. I don't think that there will be more shows added (except for maybe a second London show). Isis has come up with a poster and they hardly made it up themselves http://www.bobdylanisis.com/access-all-areas-blog/
If there were more shows to be announced Bob's touring company hardly released that poster.

btw: funny that they changed the route of the tour – usually it's Bournemouth -> Cardiff, not the other way round (but once again not time for a stop-over in bath)

As arenas go, Cardiff is also fairly small (seated capacity is less than that of the Albert Hall). The sound quality was also much better in Cardiff than it was at the Albert Hall a few days earlier on the last UK tour.

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 19:58 GMT 

Yellowgoat wrote:
As arenas go, Cardiff is also fairly small (seated capacity is less than that of the Albert Hall). The sound quality was also much better in Cardiff than it was at the Albert Hall a few days earlier on the last UK tour.

great shows in Cardiff – especially in 1997 and 2000

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 20:01 GMT 

slewan wrote:
Yellowgoat wrote:

great shows in Cardiff – especially in 1997 and 2000

2006 also good, with fantastic atmospheric versions of Cold Irons Bound and All Along The Watchtower (I'm biased though because I was there). I remember he also played Bournemouth the next day on that tour.

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 20:13 GMT 

I'm tempted by the Nottingham one as I'm planning to be living pretty much next door to the Motorpoint Arena by May. No Idea what it's like as a venue, but from the outside it doesn't appear to be particularly cavernous. According to Wikipedia, the capacity is 10,000 but they have a 'draping system' to reduce that to 4,000 for more 'intimate' shows (i.e. if they don't sell enough tickets).

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 20:18 GMT 

Location: I've just reached a place where the willow don't bend...
20yearsofschooling wrote:
I'm tempted by the Nottingham one as I'm planning to be living pretty much next door to the Motorpoint Arena by May. No Idea what it's like as a venue, but from the outside it doesn't appear to be particularly cavernous. According to Wikipedia, the capacity is 10,000 but they have a 'draping system' to reduce that to 4,000 for more 'intimate' shows (i.e. if they don't sell enough tickets).

I'm thinking Notts too, I'm just a few junctions down the M1, plus it's the Friday night which is quite appealing.

I looked at the capacity, and I assume the 10,000 must be standing. Hopefully it'd be much less with seating.

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 20:33 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
Fantastic! See you all in Glasgow in May!

Will Isis be doing their usual presale? Glasgow seems to be the only non-GA show and I can't really be bothered with the usual rush when the tickets go on sale?

According to ISIS, all shows will be seated. The tickets allocated to subscribers of ISIS magazine or the Desolation Row Information Service will be up for grabs from Saturday on. Details available on http://www.bobdylanisis.com/access-all-areas-blog/

I'd love to go to Glasgow (Scotland's been on my wish list for ages now), but I think I'll pass on the UK tour this time around and will wait for "better" dates in continental Europe. :|

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 20:38 GMT 

I didn't even realise the Nottingham show is on the Friday night, that makes it all the better. Means I can drink freely and not have to worry about having to stumble too far home (if I am living there by then though, it all depends on my transfer going through at work).

What do people think of the chances of him playing any festivals in the UK/Europe next summer?

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 21:47 GMT 

Larger venues may indicate the release of a new album of original material.

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 22:52 GMT 

Do we know what time the tickets go on sale on Tuesday?

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 22:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

Glad you guys across the pond are getting some Bob after this year without any

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 22:58 GMT 

Sorry one more question, tickets bought from ticketmaster? Or venue website?

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 23:04 GMT 

Glad he's coming to Liverpool :) ,
Wish it was the Phil or Empire!

I can see the venue across the River Mersey from my house on the wirral mersey shore !
Will probably also go to Nottingham, which is near where most of my extended family live, and the friday timing makes for a weekend visit.
Saw Paul Simon in nottingham a month ago - first gig at that venue and not too bad if you are in the front blocks but don't accept tickets on the extreme right or left front rows - floor-because the view ain't good and you get a pain in your neck!

Last edited by cohenadmirer on Thu December 8th, 2016, 23:13 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 23:12 GMT 

mad man with a box wrote:

Try the venue websites to see if they are selling tickets directly , though not all do .

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 23:16 GMT 

Do we know what time the tickets go on sale on Tuesday?

It should be at 10am.

Both. Just check their websites in a day or two for details (prices aren't available yet).

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 23:41 GMT 

Location: I've just reached a place where the willow don't bend...
Sandy wrote:
It should be at 10am.

Surely it'll be 9am won't it? - if it's 10, it's gonna be a struggle for those of us at work! :cry:

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 23:45 GMT 

Thanks very much for the replies guys! Will have a finger on the button, can't wait for the Glasgow show (and this chatter of new setlists has me very excited, I've only seen the SET twice (the late 2013 and late 2015 models) )

PostPosted: Thu December 8th, 2016, 23:56 GMT 

Sandy wrote:
gibsona07 wrote:
Fantastic! See you all in Glasgow in May!

Will Isis be doing their usual presale? Glasgow seems to be the only non-GA show and I can't really be bothered with the usual rush when the tickets go on sale?

According to ISIS, all shows will be seated. The tickets allocated to subscribers of ISIS magazine or the Desolation Row Information Service will be up for grabs from Saturday on. Details available on http://www.bobdylanisis.com/access-all-areas-blog/

I'd love to go to Glasgow (Scotland's been on my wish list for ages now), but I think I'll pass on the UK tour this time around and will wait for "better" dates in continental Europe. :|

John Baldwin will be getting a lot of emails at 10 am on saturday! First come first served

PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 01:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nightingale's Code wrote:
Glad you guys across the pond are getting some Bob after this year without any

Was thinking the same thing Gale.
Excitement builds when you haven't had any for awhile.

PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 01:21 GMT 

Yes! Just half drunk and thought really want to see Bob and meet some old bob friends, came on here to see this

PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 01:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

nightly moth wrote:
Yes! Just half drunk and thought really want to see Bob and meet some old bob friends, came on here to see this

Well, swill the other half and watch this Tour expand!

PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 01:55 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
nightly moth wrote:

Well, swill the other half and watch this Tour expand!

Haha yes!

Maybe unrelated.. If anyone fancies buying a painting then let me know .. http://www.instagram.com/nightly_moth

I have painted Bob ones.. A few months back on there. I can sell them at a reduced price (not sure what the original price was if I'm truthful..maybe a bag of rice and a few beans)

Is that allowed on here? I suppose off topic slightly! Saying that, glancing at my bank balance, for me it is slightly on topic ..

PostPosted: Fri December 9th, 2016, 07:34 GMT 

Huck27 wrote:
Larger venues may indicate the release of a new album of original material.

no, larger venues just indicate that promotors believe that there is a market for Bob Dylan right now (thanks to the Nobel prize)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next