Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed November 22nd, 2017, 23:55 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: UK Tour 2017
PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 13:50 GMT 

Ah that's okay. I was under the impression that my view would be completely blocked, and I wouldn't see Bob at all. I'm not too fussed seeing his back whilst he plays piano.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 13:53 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Oneofusmustknow wrote:
On ticketmaster it says that he's down to play Dublin 11th May?

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Bob-Dylan ... ist/734972

Tickets for Dublin go on sale on Monday.

Though what exactly is the 'Three Cust' presale? Exactly whose customer do you need to be this time?
I assume it's for customers of the telecoms company 3, who seem to sponsor the Dublin Arena.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 14:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

So no presale for anyone else then?

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 17:02 GMT 

kh158 wrote:
Ah that's okay. I was under the impression that my view would be completely blocked, and I wouldn't see Bob at all. I'm not too fussed seeing his back whilst he plays piano.

Pause this video at about 3m35, you'll see the right end of block c . Even if you are there it will be fine . If you are further to the left , more than fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77AAVt0lzCA

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 18:41 GMT 

Location: I've just reached a place where the willow don't bend...
cohenadmirer wrote:
TOTO wrote:
Presales and all decents seats gone. Sounds like it will be Get Me In for my daughters and myself. I know that the Clyde Auditorium generally has a good view throughout the venue. Any advice on the Liverpool Echo arena. Are the rear seats up in the heavens and binocular viewing recommended ?
Cheers

I've been to all the venues on this tour over the years.
Undoubtedly the clyde auditorium is the best of the bunch , followed by the BIC.
Liverpool isn't the worst , but seats at the back of the stalls and in the upper tiers are a bit distant from the stage , certainly for an artst with low light and no screens. In terms of sound , liverpool is called the echo arena after the local newspaper , but it's often an appropriate term when it comes to sound issues too!

Cohen, how does the Nottingham Arena rank in your estimations?

I've been deliberating for the best part of a week about whether to go or not, but HELL it's Bob isn't it so I can't pass up this opportunity - especially with him being so close to where I live.

I've signed up with the Notts Arena to get the pre-sale code for tomorra, but haven't received anything?! :cry:

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 19:24 GMT 

Hi Hibbing
Nottingham is another big rectangular arena .
I saw Paul simon there a month ago . Seat was back of the front middle block which was fine . The front side blocks would also be fine , especially on the left given Dylan's stage set up.
The front of the rear blocks on the floor would be ok but diminishing returns the further back you go.
I wouldn't go for front row seats on the extreme right or left since the seating extends too far beyond the stage area .
People at the back will need a telescope. PAul simon had big screens and good lighting which bob probably won't .

The code for tomorrows presale is FALLEN ANGELS
http://email.motorpointarenanottingham. ... oTR9ZOW/wv

Good Luck:

I shot some video of Paul which shows the general view from the last row of the front centre block.
The opening shot is wide angle . What you see with your own eyes is more like at 10 secs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQjAlG5cbM

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 20:00 GMT 

cohenadmirer wrote:
I shot some video of Paul which shows the general view from the last row of the front centre block.
The opening shot is wide angle . What you see with your own eyes is more like at 10 secs
That is just wonderful, thanks for posting.
These old guys have still got it, haven't they?
Can't help but think he was singing about Trump.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 21:15 GMT 

kh158 wrote:

In that case, I'm really happy for you. :) In that row, you should have no problem seeing Bob during the entire show, even if only from behind.

My previous comment was based on my own preference only. Given what they charge for the tickets, the only seats I deem good are those that have a good view of the whole stage and of everyone in the band at all times. Looking at Bob's back and not being able to see half the band isn't ideal for me considering how much they charge for those seats.

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 21:36 GMT 

bluegrunt wrote:
cohenadmirer wrote:
That is just wonderful, thanks for posting.
These old guys have still got it, haven't they?
Can't help but think he was singing about Trump.

Yes it was for sure a comment on the election result. This was the final encore and he changed the song in the 2 shows after the election . Before he had been doing ' Sound of Silence'
Long career spanning show , great performance , great he's on this form at 75.
The concert was the Saturday of THAT week. Also the week Leonard Cohen died . Not the best week of 2016! :(

PostPosted: Sun December 11th, 2016, 22:46 GMT 

cohenadmirer wrote:
TOTO wrote:
Presales and all decents seats gone. Sounds like it will be Get Me In for my daughters and myself. I know that the Clyde Auditorium generally has a good view throughout the venue. Any advice on the Liverpool Echo arena. Are the rear seats up in the heavens and binocular viewing recommended ?
Cheers

I've been to all the venues on this tour over the years.
Undoubtedly the clyde auditorium is the best of the bunch , followed by the BIC.
Liverpool isn't the worst , but seats at the back of the stalls and in the upper tiers are a bit distant from the stage , certainly for an artst with low light and no screens. In terms of sound , liverpool is called the echo arena after the local newspaper , but it's often an appropriate term when it comes to sound issues too!

Thanks very much, Glasgow and Liverpool for us providing all goes well with tickets.

PostPosted: Mon December 12th, 2016, 10:10 GMT 

Location: I've just reached a place where the willow don't bend...
cohenadmirer wrote:
Hi Hibbing
Nottingham is another big rectangular arena .
I saw Paul simon there a month ago . Seat was back of the front middle block which was fine . The front side blocks would also be fine , especially on the left given Dylan's stage set up.
The front of the rear blocks on the floor would be ok but diminishing returns the further back you go.
I wouldn't go for front row seats on the extreme right or left since the seating extends too far beyond the stage area .
People at the back will need a telescope. PAul simon had big screens and good lighting which bob probably won't .

The code for tomorrows presale is FALLEN ANGELS
http://email.motorpointarenanottingham. ... oTR9ZOW/wv

Good Luck:

Thanks very much for your knowledge, Cohen. I just got two tickets for Notts, front row of Block E, behind the front block so, 10 or 11 rows from the stage. Very pleased! :o

PostPosted: Mon December 12th, 2016, 11:15 GMT 

More thanks from here to Cohen for providing the presale code for the Nottingham show. Managed to get hold of a pretty decent seat - row H in the front blocks, but next to an aisle so should be a good viewing spot. I'll be travelling tomorrow when the main sales start, so had pretty much resigned myself to either being sat way back or not going. Saw Bob at the same venue back in 2005.

PostPosted: Mon December 12th, 2016, 13:04 GMT 

Also grabbed tickets for Notts, in the middle of section J. Could've spent another £20 for closer seats in E or F but we were lucky enough to be right at the front for the Americanarama show in CT, and money is tight as it is. Hopefully the view isn't disappointing but it's all about the music anyways. It's not like Dylan's gonna stage dive or something. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 09:44 GMT 

Good luck to anyone hoping to get tickets this morning!

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 09:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

kh158 wrote:

Thanks! I'm getting stressed!

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 09:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

gibsona07 wrote:
kh158 wrote:

Thanks! I'm getting stressed!

Me too. :shock:
Thanks and same to you all.

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:06 GMT 

I've screwed it up big time! I had the tickets but I wanted to change my delivery method and pressed back and now they're all gone and I've got no tickets :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:15 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Tickets. Booked! :D

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

Bournemouth ticket in the bag. Anyone having trouble with Ticketmaster as I did, try bhlivetickets.co.uk which is run direct from the bic.

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

mad man with a box wrote:
I've screwed it up big time! I had the tickets but I wanted to change my delivery method and pressed back and now they're all gone and I've got no tickets :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Don't worry (I know you're probably worrying!), I often buy tickets to sold out shows ages after they've sold out. Keep your eye on these forums, open a thread in the ticket section - you might be as well opening one now in case anyone has accidentally bought one too many, although you probably won't have much luck until nearer the gig. When the gig is a couple of months away, start checking ER regularly, as well as facebook, twitter and the secondary ticket sites. Bear in mind that there will probably be a facebook event dedicated to the gig and loads of folk will be selling tickets nearer the time. Try Bob Dylan facebook groups as well. Also bear in mind that closer to the time ticket sites - and remember see tickets and ents24 as well as ticketmaster - release tickets that have been returned ect, I grabbed decent seats to one of the RAH shows this way. Keep checking the ticket sites in the coming months. Try the ticket sites again this evening in case any of the orders from this morning have fallen through.

You'll be able to score a decent ticket no bother, just stay proactive!

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:24 GMT 

WELL STICK SLOW TRAIN COMING ON AND THANK THE LORD CAUSE I GOT TICKETS!!!

Seetickets.com

4 tickets Glasgow Block R/C row V

Not the best seats but I'm just happy to be going

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

Seetickets.com

Yay! You actually get a pretty decent view from the circle in the Armadillo. See you then!

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:28 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:

Seetickets.com

Yay! You actually get a pretty decent view from the circle in the Armadillo. See you then!

Brilliant! Can't wait for it!! Panic over, think I'll have some tea and take a minute before doing anything else...

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:28 GMT 

Glasgow has been sold out to me since 10am :( But I'll keep pressing tryagain and step through recaptcha in case anyone changes their mailing preference ;-)
On the plus side, pleased that he's the man of the moment!

PostPosted: Tue December 13th, 2016, 10:31 GMT 

can't get Glasgow tickets... logged on bat 10 but really busy..................looks to be sold out :( If anyone has a couple of spares pleeease PM me....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next