PostPosted: Tue November 15th, 2016, 02:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

Final Show of the U.S. Fall Tour Leg!

Bob Dylan and His Band

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Broward Center for the Performing Arts
Au-Rene Theater

23 November 2016, Wednesday

The 75th Show of the 2016 Never Ending Tour.

Capacity: 2,700
Showtime: 8:00 pm

Sweden bound...

---

Welcome Bob Dylan to Au-Rene Theater at The Broward Center for the Performing Arts

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA – Welcome to the Bob Dylan show!

Photography and Video Recording is strictly prohibited at the Bob Dylan & His Band concert on Nov. 23. All electronic devices (cell phones, smart phones, tablets, digital cameras) must be turned off before entering the seating area.

Cameras with detachable lens are not allowed into the building.​ Disregard of this policy is subject to ejection from the concert without refund.

Enjoy the evening!

https://www.browardcenter.org/events/detail/bob-dylan-2016

PostPosted: Tue November 22nd, 2016, 23:31 GMT 
Promethium Member

Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years since Bob entered Miami's Criteria Studios to lay down Time Out of Mind.
Last 2016 show. Have fun Miami!

PostPosted: Wed November 23rd, 2016, 08:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

it's all gospel. thank you band. blessed holiday.

Frank Sinatra - "Drinking Again" - Doris Tauber/Johnny Mercer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRiYnAIZrk

Beaten Path Image

"Elvis buying a 1956 Lincoln Continental in Miami, August 4, 1956."

"In addition to the jacket and pants, Elvis also had to replace his new Lavender Lincoln while in Miami. Brian Petersen in "The Atomic Powered Singer" wrote, his fans got to his brand new Lincoln Premiere and wrote endearing notes all over the car. Elvis turned the car in for an all white Continental Mark II at the local Lincoln Mercury dealer. The new car was in the $10,000.00 and over class and provided an added touch of distinction to the Presley driveway parked alongside his three remaining Cadillacs."

"Fans in line on SE 2nd Ave catching fragments of clothing"

"Del Puschert, a tenor Saxophone player from Maryland, had first met Elvis, Scotty and Bill in Texarkana in 1954 or 1955 while they were still performers of and enroute to the Louisiana Hayride. Del was now, by this time, attending barber school in Miami. He was part of the local union band put together to augment the tour orchestra backing the acts performing in Miami at the Olympia this tour. He was backstage with Elvis when pants torn by the crowd were cut up and then tossed to the fans in line from an upper window of the theater overlooking SE 2nd Avenue across from the Ingraham Building.

Miami News Staff Writer Damon Runyon Jr. called the show obscene and contrived in his review. He wrote,

"For the second day Elvis Presley, the vaudeville Valentino, rocked along his bumpy road to success here today after his fanatical followers engaged in a small scale street riot. More than 8800 fans, ranging from agitated adolescents to old ladies fallen from Liberace's grace, were expected to shriek, rattle and roll again at Presley's shake dancing in the Olympia Theater. Police were braced for the most exuberant exhibition audience fantods in the afternoon shows, 1:30 and 3:30 p.m. which usually are the stomping grounds for the youngest affected by Presley. Young girls (many less than teen age), not a few youths, and even a number of elderly deserters from Liberace's ranks, witnessed their "lover boy," as they call him do the most obscene burlesque dance this reporter has seen in more than 20 years of getting around. From the theater wings it was possible to see that the 21 year old Presley's ribald routine is not of the emotions, as he's been telling the press around the country -- his pelvic performance is clearly contrived. Also far from fervor of the uncontrolled type are his other million dollar stage mannerisms -- the slack jawed gibberish, the glassy gape of a hypnotized hillbilly, the unmannered gesture of wiping the nose, the staggering and shaking as if he'd a bad fit.""

http://scottymoore.net/olympia.html

http://miamiarchives.blogspot.com/2015/ ... miami.html

http://vinceveretts.tumblr.com/post/126 ... l-in-miami

"Gospel music is the purest thing there is on this earth."
-- Elvis

PostPosted: Wed November 23rd, 2016, 08:35 GMT 

Thanks Barefoot and bobschool. Blessed holiday to you and to all.

PostPosted: Wed November 23rd, 2016, 10:03 GMT 

Have a good hols all you guys and girls and let's hope the last set of the tour is packed full 'o' surprises. it won't be of course, but The Narrow Way would make a welcome return!

PostPosted: Wed November 23rd, 2016, 14:12 GMT 

One more tonight .... or else?

PostPosted: Wed November 23rd, 2016, 18:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Tambach wrote:
One more tonight .... or else?

Or else no Thanksgiving Turkey for Bob.
This is it for a little while.
Glad you're there.

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 04:11 GMT 

Show must be over? Fingers crossed for a surprise in the set list (not holding my breath)

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 04:18 GMT 

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Broward Center for the Performing Arts
Au-Rene Theater
November 23, 2016

1. Things Have Changed
2. Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Beyond Here Lies Nothin'
5. Full Moon And Empty Arms
6. High Water (For Charley Patton)
7. Melancholy Mood
8. Duquesne Whistle
9. Love Sick
10. Tangled Up In Blue
11. Pay In Blood
12. Why Try To Change me Now
13. Scarlet Town
14. I Could Have Told You
15. Desolation Row
16. Soon After Midnight
17. All Or Nothing At All
18. Long And Wasted Years
19. Autumn Leaves

(encores)
20. Blowin' In The Wind
21. Stay With Me

Thanks to Kathleen and Susan & Al for the phone calls
and Harald Hix and Gert Aanen for the emails.

Set lists, reviews, and information on
upcoming concerts can be found on the Bob Links
Tour Infomation page located at:
http://www.boblinks.com

Bob Links Main Page:
http://www.boblinks.com

Last edited by Bill Pagel on Thu November 24th, 2016, 04:35 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 04:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

That a wrap! Thanks Bill and hope everybody who had the fortune to go to a show this year enjoyed it!

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 04:52 GMT 

Another great show. ..Phantastic TUIB and Desolation

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 04:53 GMT 
Promethium Member

Big thanks to Bill Pagel at BobLinks.com!

Thanks Bob & Band!

Narrow Way 2017!

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 04:58 GMT 

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 05:02 GMT 

my precious time wrote:

Wow.

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 05:06 GMT 
Titanium Member

hartsfelder
@hartsfelder

@bobdylan was best show of the year at @browardcenter #handsdown #ICON #LEGENDARY #ForeverYoung #Tangledupinblue
7:24 PM - 23 Nov 2016

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 05:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

Tambach, so happy for you!
can't wait to hear, have lots of tapes to catch up on!

thank you Bill and Barefoot and everyone in the crew and band!

a triumph! now go and rest!

“What here we do say, shall under roses stay.”
-- Sebastian Brant

Last edited by bobschool on Thu November 24th, 2016, 05:19 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 05:16 GMT 

I love reading all these positive impressions by concert-goers. The bootlegs show he's still great and I hope he comes back to Europe next year.

I also think he wants to see us all again. He closed 2016 (as well as 2014) with the lines
All that I can do is pray
Stay with me
Stay with me

In 2015, he left us with
Just don’t know what to do
I’d give anything to be with you

Yes, as always, these lines could be read as being sung to his own true love or to Jesus. But I'm pretty sure he's singing them to us, as well. :)

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 05:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

my precious time, thanks for the graph! i like the red guitar triangles :lol:

and thanks for the sentiments about the beautiful songs.

you're right, love makes no distinctions, it can't.

PostPosted: Thu November 24th, 2016, 09:21 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Big thanks to Bill Pagel at BobLinks.com!

Thanks Bob & Band!

Narrow Way 2017!

I'll drink to that!

PostPosted: Fri November 25th, 2016, 12:22 GMT 
Promethium Member

Love the Stats graph, Precious!
Very informative and I like the layout.
Have you created them for other Bob tours, or Bob tour legs, too?

From today's front page:

Bob Dylan ends 2016 tour in Fort Lauderdale with playful, spirited performance
by Jake Cline - 24 Nov 2016

FORT LAUDERDALE - Bob Dylan’s concert Wednesday night at the Broward Center began and ended with the same songs that opened and closed his previous appearance at the Fort Lauderdale concert hall 19 months earlier: “Things Have Changed,” which earned the songwriter an Academy Award in 2001, and “Stay With Me,” a melancholy Frank Sinatra cover from the 2015 album “Shadows in the Night.”

The similarities didn’t end there. The stage set again put Dylan and his five-piece band beneath vintage-looking klieg lights that showered them in reds and golds. Dylan’s upscale Western duds (white hat, dark suit) may very well have been the same ones he was spotted wearing here in 2015, and they left him once more resembling a cowboy undertaker.

And as has become typical of his concerts in recent years, Dylan spent much of the evening sitting at a piano and none of it holding a guitar. And still, the singer gave his audience anything but the same show. Heck, he hardly gave them the same Bob Dylan.

For his 75th and final scheduled performance of 2016, Dylan appeared relaxed and playful. At times, he even bordered on goofy, striking Elvis Presley-inspired poses while leaning on his microphone stand and breaking into bowlegged, broncobuster shuffles during songs that otherwise would seem to reject them (“Tangled Up in Blue,” “Things Have Changed”). This capriciousness — or was it joy? — cut through everything, with Dylan emphasizing the humor in the darkly comic “Pay in Blood,” feebly denying the inherent joke of “Why Try To Change Me Now” and laughing along with God as a scared-witless Abraham hurries to get “this killing done” on a loose and tumbling “Highway 61 Revisited.”

“Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right,” the second song in a 21-song set, found Dylan at the piano, to which he would return eight more times and always after doffing his hat and setting it on a nearby amplifier. Why? Who knows. Trying to decode Dylan’s motives can be as pointless as trying to examine the back of your head without a mirror. We should all be so mysterious at 75 years old.

But as abstruse as he’s perceived to be — Google “Dylan and Nobel Prize” to see how easily his persona irritates many — and for all his seemingly impenetrable lyrics, Dylan on Wednesday night repeatedly revealed himself through his songs. And the self he revealed was something of a joker. “Don’t Think Twice,” a jeering “see ya!” whose original 1963 recording has lost none of its folky bite, here sounded sweet-tempered and forgiving, even though Dylan couldn’t resist closing it with a poking bit of Joplin-esque, ragtime piano. “Full Moon and Empty Arms,” from “Shadows in the Night,” was presented as a serenade, even though Dylan, dappled with white light, sang it in the voice of a congested Romeo.

On “Tangled Up in Blue,” meanwhile, Dylan toyed with the original version’s lyrics and form, adding some words, dropping others and making the whole thing sound like a spirited collaboration between Hank Williams and Waylon Jennings. It made you want to holler along, and many in the audience did just that.

More than once, Dylan played at being sinister. As the overhead lights glowed red and the stage curtain looked as if it were being devoured by flames, “Beyond Here Lies Nothin’, ” a witchy New Orleans blues number from the 2009 album “Together Through Life,” offered only more heat. “I love you pretty baby / You’re the only love I’ve ever known,” Dylan growled from the piano. “Just as long as you stay with me / The whole world is my throne.” The declaration held more threat than promise.

Later, a performance of the banjo-accented “Scarlet Town” had the mood of a séance, with Dylan again at the piano and sounding possessed. The usually taut “Love Sick,” however, couldn’t withstand the changes Dylan brought to it, the music going slack the more subdued it got and the singer feigning uncertainty instead of radiating heartbreak. It was the night’s only real disappointment.

Nevertheless, even Dylan’s missteps at this stage of his career can be as thrilling as his achievements. That we still can’t figure him out or fail to be surprised by him after all these years frustrates and delights us. Because whether we’re on the Internet debating the literary merit of “Desolation Row,” calling out and then cursing his name in Stockholm or pondering his every move on a November night in Fort Lauderdale, we believe that at any minute Dylan will let us in on his secrets, that we’re going to understand him the way he has always seemed to understand us. And when he does, we’re going to get that those secrets have been sitting out there in the open all along.

SET LIST
Things Have Changed
Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right
Highway 61 Revisited
Beyond Here Lies Nothin’
Full Moon and Empty Arms
High Water (For Charley Patton)
Melancholy Mood
Duquesne Whistle
Love Sick
Tangled Up in Blue
Pay in Blood
Why Try To Change Me Now
Scarlet Town
I Could Have Told You
Desolation Row
Soon After Midnight
All or Nothing at All
Long and Wasted Years
Autumn Leaves
Blowing in the Wind
Stay With Me

Privacy Policy
Bob Dylan prohibited photographers from attending his Nov. 23 concert at the Broward Center in Fort Lauderdale, but in October he was captured performing at the Desert Trip festival in Indio, California.

http://www.southflorida.com/music/sf-bo ... story.html

PostPosted: Sat November 26th, 2016, 03:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

thanks Barefoot, that is a really warm and friendly review, perfect finale

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2016, 19:48 GMT 

Just listened to the recording.

Great concert! :D
But just as fell in love with the new versions, High Water was de-boom-boom-mancinified and Pay In Blood also went back to its original melody. Well, it's good that there are also recordings of that version.

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Love the Stats graph, Precious!
Very informative and I like the layout.
Have you created them for other Bob tours, or Bob tour legs, too?
No, this was a first.
I might do similar ones when the "need" arrives. I'm open to suggestions. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2016, 22:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

my precious time wrote:
I'm open to suggestions.

It's whatever works for you, thanks again!