Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 24th, 2017, 04:12 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Predictions
PostPosted: Thu February 2nd, 2017, 18:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

Broken Black Flea wrote:
Of my predictions, Number 3 is still in the mix!

TRIPLICATE !! coincidence or. . . something else?!

I'm pumped for this release! I now know songs that only a certain generation would be familiar with. Being raised by immigrants, and not having grandparents these songs have alluded me. What an education I'm getting! I couldn't be happier to hear that we have THREE more of them coming out on the THIRD month of this year!

My vote is, I hope he does Frank's full cannon. Now THAT would be something

It is a rather large cannon, I think he will run out of road (and time) before he gets to the end.

PostPosted: Fri February 3rd, 2017, 12:20 GMT 

Why would you need Dylan to to the entire Sinatra catalogue?

I get it, you weren't familiar with that stuff and you like it, but it would have only taken one cover song by Dylan to spark your interest and then the next logical step would be for you to seek out Sinatras recordings - which already exist, no?

I'm still puzzled why people want Dylan to do more covers in the same style of the last (including Triplicate) five albums. What if Dylan would have had the same thought in 1961 and would have recorded albums following the formula of his debut album over and over and over again? Just imagine what we would have missed out on if this was the case. Yet people now seem to conclude that a pile of covers is more interesting that ANYTHING else he could have in store?

PostPosted: Sun February 5th, 2017, 02:26 GMT 
Titanium Member

Dylan would be better to record complete works by key composers of Sinatra's "canon." Dylan does the Irving Berlin Songbook, Cole Porter, Johnny Mercer, Harold Arlen, Rodgers & Hart, etc. Covering Sinatra's entire recorded catalog is to mistake the forest for the trees. Also, then eventually we'd have Dylan doing stuff like Bein' Green and Song of the Sabia. :| Who will Dylan duet with on Mama Will Bark ?