Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 21:48 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
PostPosted: Thu August 11th, 2016, 09:19 GMT 
Titanium Member

Playing Tulsa.

PostPosted: Thu August 11th, 2016, 20:20 GMT 

Please and my apologies if this was posted elsewhere. I've been stuck at work for the last 24 hours, no pc access... desperate for any presale codes for

Charleston WV
Durham NC
Charlotte NC
Clearwater FL

Ain't too proud to beg (ok, wrong band, but still begging). :-)

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu August 11th, 2016, 20:54 GMT 

I snagged (ok, bankrupt the farm) front row Louisville.

Looking for Orlando presale code... or any others I requested. Please... and thank you!

PostPosted: Thu August 11th, 2016, 21:21 GMT 

24 hours at work? Are you a fire fighter?

PostPosted: Thu August 11th, 2016, 21:25 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
24 hours at work? Are you a fire fighter?

I'd have to kill you. It's a bunker.

PostPosted: Thu August 11th, 2016, 21:28 GMT 

One of those.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu August 11th, 2016, 21:33 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
One of those.

Good luck.

Woman of mystery, me. Thanks for the good wish!

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 00:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

Condolences to all of those caught up in the pre-sale codes and early ticket sale frenzy.
All the best to each of you.

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 01:53 GMT 

So, is anyone else hopeful that the performance in Tulsa will coincide with the opening (or at least a preview) of the Archives? It seems like a wasted opportunity to not do something that weekend with regards to the exhibits.

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 05:31 GMT 
Promethium Member

And the Dylan, Inc. official email regular-sale reminder has hit the In-Box.
Good luck all!

"Bob Dylan and his Band will tour the U.S. this fall. Tickets go on sale Friday, August 12.

For a complete tour itinerary including ticket links, see the On Tour page on bobdylan.com.
"

(Pinged in the middle of a pretty sweet meteor shower viewing, beautiful clear sky!)

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 15:09 GMT 

Got my ticket to see Bob!! I am so excited. Dare I admit I have never seen Bob live yet??

I was able to snag a front row ticket for $160 - the first seat next to the Gold Ticket $460 seats. Don't ask me why or how the seats were set up like this.

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 16:23 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
Got my ticket to see Bob!! I am so excited. Dare I admit I have never seen Bob live yet??

I was able to snag a front row ticket for $160 - the first seat next to the Gold Ticket $460 seats. Don't ask me why or how the seats were set up like this.

Are you going to strike up a conversation with whoever paid nearly 3 times as much for the seat next to you.... find out if they got something more ?
160 in itself is a lot of money.
Anyway the front row ,unless too far over, is the best place to be. :D

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 16:31 GMT 

160 is the most I have paid for a concert ticket. I could not have done over 200. I might feel bad for the person next to me... Unless they end up being a jerk.

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 18:29 GMT 

Seems like the demographics here show fewer Southern Bob fans on ER than east or west coasters. Does not seem to be as much chatter for this tour leg.

PostPosted: Fri August 12th, 2016, 21:31 GMT 

You can still count on European fans. I will travel from Paris to Florida :)

PostPosted: Sat August 13th, 2016, 02:56 GMT 

Front row for Louisville (it's only money), and about row K or something for Clearwater. Those two trips are probably going to wipe out my "disposable" income budget for the entire fall/winter, so probably won't catch any additional shows. That said... if a bee flies into my bonnet...

So damned excited. I was 4th row in Bethlehem. Louisville will be my first time front and center (well, slightly to the right).

I hope everyone had success in their ticket quest. Sorry if I sounded a little manic earlier. It's because I was.

Never been to Louisville. Will probably visit the Abbey of Gethsemani, as I am a Thomas Merton devotee. Bob will make it a dual pilgrimage of sorts.

PostPosted: Sat August 13th, 2016, 02:58 GMT 

johnwesley61 wrote:

Which Florida show are you going to? I'm going to Clearwater, as my sister lives in the area.

PostPosted: Sat August 13th, 2016, 07:17 GMT 

Not sure yet but I guess Ft Myers, Orlando and Ft Lauderdale. I only got tickets for Orlando though. But I'll find a way !

PostPosted: Sat August 13th, 2016, 10:23 GMT 

johnwesley61 wrote:

Have considered this - lots of flights from the UK to 'Orlando ', but the total costs will mount up , and - if he is doing , basically, the ' set' , motivation is not high .
Plus , i guess, any travelling in Florida will need a hired car , though advice on other transport options from our Floridian friends would be welcome .

PostPosted: Sat August 13th, 2016, 10:27 GMT 

cohenadmirer wrote:
johnwesley61 wrote:

Have considered this - lots of flights from the UK to 'Orlando ', but the total costs will mount up , and - if he is doing , basically, the ' set' , motivation is not high .
Plus , i guess, any travelling in Florida will need a hired car , though advice on other transport options from our Floridian friends would be welcome .

I have paid 360€ for a direct flight from Paris to Miami (round trip) that's why I decided to go.. I have checked greyhound and Amtrak it's quite easy. But I will do Orlando and Ft Lauderdale only. So I have free time in Miami. Bob is just the cherry on the cake!

PostPosted: Sat August 13th, 2016, 15:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

mlpalintologist wrote:
Front row for Louisville (it's only money), and about row K or something for Clearwater. Those two trips are probably going to wipe out my "disposable" income budget for the entire fall/winter, so probably won't catch any additional shows. That said... if a bee flies into my bonnet...

So damned excited. I was 4th row in Bethlehem. Louisville will be my first time front and center (well, slightly to the right).

I hope everyone had success in their ticket quest. Sorry if I sounded a little manic earlier. It's because I was.

Never been to Louisville. Will probably visit the Abbey of Gethsemani, as I am a Thomas Merton devotee. Bob will make it a dual pilgrimage of sorts.

Awesome! I might be at the Louisville show too. If you're a baseball fan, the Louisville Slugger factory/museum is pretty cool to check out and take a tour

PostPosted: Mon August 15th, 2016, 01:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

It's a tight Leg, with no real Gaps, beyond the Desert shows.
Hoping for two completely new Desert Set Lists, then guessing it's back to the Set.
(Might just be a Consistent Set throughout, whatever Bob.)

PostPosted: Mon August 15th, 2016, 18:50 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Hoping for two completely new Desert Set Lists

Honestly, I think that ship has sailed. I'd think the best we can hope for for DT (and those two shows ONLY) is something like Mainz and Tübingen 2015, in other words: A condensed SET with some oldies thrown in for the tourists in the audience.

Let's face it, as great as the NET has been, the changes were mostly gradual. How many times in NET history can you say: Wow, this was really different, beyond the obvious changes that occurred when a new record was released?

He has switched up the format of the show significantly only three times in the last 28 years: 1988, 1999 and 2002. Yes, certain "anchor" songs have come and gone, that gave certain years a different feel ("Silvio", anyone? Hello "Country Pie"!), but while his pool of songs usually was huge, it didn't change dramatically over a long period of time, especially in the 90s and again in the 2010s.

The only times that he made bigger changes to his repertoire in those years, were when albums with original songs were released, with "TOOM" (Fall leg 1997), "L&F" (Fall leg 2001), "Modern Times" (Fall 2006), "TTL" (belated and only for one leg, Fall 2009), and "Tempest" (again, belated, but then with full force, in Spring of 2013). The only exception I can think of is the covers-heavy leg of Fall 2002 (please correct me...).

Genuine question: Is the a statistic about how many "old" songs he has newly introduced to his repertoire (that were more than one-offs) by year? Of the top of my head I'd say it couldn't have been more than 2-3 in any given year, and virtually none in the last ten, but my memory is fading.

PostPosted: Mon August 15th, 2016, 20:22 GMT 

Nightingale's Code wrote:
Awesome! I might be at the Louisville show too. If you're a baseball fan, the Louisville Slugger factory/museum is pretty cool to check out and take a tour

Hope you will make it to Louisville - and thanks for the tip. I've never been to Louisville and would love to hit the highlights!

PostPosted: Tue August 16th, 2016, 04:54 GMT 

On the Desert Trip show I was wondering if something would be happening to the set as The Stones are on the same night. They might have the idea that it would be nice to honour Dylan by playing their 'hit' from Stripped 'Like A Rolling Stone' with Keith saying 'thank you, Bob'. But Dylan may have none of it and think 'I haven't played it for some time, it's my song so I'm gonna do it' and get in first! Or indeed he may turn up the volume and play Brown Sugar in respect of them, wouldn't that be something! He did used to include it in his set around 10 years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 797 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next