Japan/Hawaii Spring tour leg = ..........19
Europa Summer tour leg = ................10
_________
2014 shows prior to this = ....29

---
From: http://www.praguepost.com/night-day/396 ... z35hHuSRWr

Concert: Bob Dylan at O2 Arena
Current phase of his long tour emphasizes recent material

Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC - Bob Dylan seems to always be on the road, so much so that since 1988 his musical wanderings have been called the “Never Ending Tour.” He has just finished several dates in Japan and Hawaii, and is now cutting his way through Europe. The tour has had more than 2,500 shows worldwide, and has about 100 shows per year.

Dylan dismisses the tour’s ad-hoc title, but he hasn’t offered any substitute — so it has stuck. The set list from the end of 2013 and so far this year has been fairly consistent, and those expecting a roundup of his greatest hits will be disappointed. He does play two big songs in the encore, “All Along the Watchtower,” statistically his most popular live song, and “Blowin’ in the Wind.” His 17-song main set emphasizes his 2012 album Tempest, which is the source typically of six songs.

Another seven songs come from albums he has released in the past two decades, including “Love Sick” from 1997's Time Out of Mind, which was widely seen as a comeback album by critics and which won Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards.
That leaves little room for his works from 1960s, '70s and '80s. The earliest song he has been playing with any regularity in the main set is “She Belongs to Me” from Bringing It All Back Home, his first electric album. Two songs from 1975’s Blood on the Tracks should please fans of his earlier work: “Tangled Up in Blue” and “Simple Twist of Fate.”

Dylan is now 73, and over his career has won too many awards to list. He has 10 Grammy Awards coming from 37 nominations, He has also earned an Academy Award and Golden Globe for Best Song for “Things Have Changed” in the 2000 film Wonder Boys.

He received the Legion of Honor in France in 2013 and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2012 in the United States. In 2008 he got a special citation from the Pulitzer Prize jury “for his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power.” He even has an honorary doctorate from Princeton, given in 1970.

Dylan began his career at clubs in New York’s Greenwich Village in 1961 and many of his early hits were folk-oriented songs that were embraced by the civil rights and anti-war protest movement of the times. Slowly he shifted to a more rock-oriented sound, which drew harsh criticism from his earlier fans. His albums have sold more than 100 million copies, and he has also published books of his drawings and paintings.

His career has had several phases, including a brief stint as a born again Christian, which spawned the 1979 hit song “Gotta Serve Somebody.” He also was involved in efforts to release Rubin "Hurricane" Carter, who was convicted of a 1966 triple murder. Dylan has not performed the song “Hurricane” since 1976.

He also sparked controversy in 2011 when the Chinese government asked to see his set list in advance. “As far as censorship goes, the Chinese government had asked for the names of the songs that I would be playing. There's no logical answer to that, so we sent them the set lists from the previous 3 months. If there were any songs, verses or lines censored, nobody ever told me about it and we played all the songs that we intended to play,” Dylan said at the time on a statement on his website, Bobdylan.com. He was also criticized for not taking a strong stance against China’s political policies.

Dylan was born and raised in Minnesota. His paternal grandparents came from Ukraine, escaping an anti-Jewish pogrom in 1905. His maternal grandparents came from Lithuania, and were also Jewish. He was born with the name Robert Zimmerman and legally had it changed in 1962.

As for his current relationship to religion, he gave an answer to Newsweek in 1997. “Here's the thing with me and the religious thing. This is the flat-out truth: I find the religiosity and philosophy in the music. I don't find it anywhere else. Songs like ‘Let Me Rest on a Peaceful Mountain’ or ‘I Saw the Light’ — that's my religion. I don't adhere to rabbis, preachers, evangelists, all of that. I've learned more from the songs than I've learned from any of this kind of entity. The songs are my lexicon. I believe the songs,” he said.

He recorded an album of Christmas songs called Christmas in the Heart in 2009. When the album came out he told interviewer Bill Flanagan of The Big Issue he was a “true believer” and played the songs straight because they were a part of his life.

PostPosted: Thu June 26th, 2014, 18:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Anyone else going? (I know I could have looked at the Who's Going Where Thread, but hey :) )

PostPosted: Thu June 26th, 2014, 19:57 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Me!
Hope we all can go get a beer after the show 8)

PostPosted: Thu June 26th, 2014, 20:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

Nice :)

Yes, I'm excited for Prague.

PostPosted: Fri June 27th, 2014, 01:55 GMT 

there is a cool little bar just by the entrance to the O2 can't miss it.....if your going to the show you will walk by it.........M

PostPosted: Fri June 27th, 2014, 04:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

Nice :) Do you know the name?

PostPosted: Fri June 27th, 2014, 12:05 GMT 

no idea of the name it has an outside area close to 02 and facing the entrance .you can't miss it

PostPosted: Sat June 28th, 2014, 11:56 GMT 
Promethium Member

Oh, you lucky ones! Prague is wonderful. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Sat June 28th, 2014, 17:46 GMT 

Hello all,
I have been a lurker for many years (Live Setlists 4lyfe) and will be embarking on my first solo adventure from the US to Prague for the show. Needless to say, I am both excited and anxious! I come in the day before to explore the city some, and any tips or sights to see would be greatly appreciated. I will definitely check out this nearby bar beforehand-- I look forward to being with fellow fans from a far off land! :D

PostPosted: Sun June 29th, 2014, 15:54 GMT 

"to explore the city some, and any tips or sights to see"

Well, for tourists I would recommend the old parts of the town, e.g. Old Town (The Old Town Square (with Astronomical Clock)), the Charles Bridge, the Lesser Town and the Prague Castle. But it takes all the day. Please visit just the parts where is no entrance fee. Do not visit interior St Vitus Cathedral; though it's great, there will be really tons of visitors.

The best it could be to visit Petřín Lookout Tower to see the whole town.

Beware of pick-pockets and please do not use taxi, because Prague taxi drivers love to charge exorbitant prices to the tourists.

You can go on foot or use trams (or metro/underground).
O2 arena where the concert is held is just near "Českomoravská" metro station (yellow line B). The ideal would be that you go on foot through town and then you enter the Metro at Můstek interchange point and then you go directly to Českomoravská (Černý Most direction).

Enjoy our capital and Bob's concert, too :-) (I will be there, too, with press accreditation :lol: )

PostPosted: Mon June 30th, 2014, 19:27 GMT 

Thanks OHNOTHIMAGEN! We will try to enjoy! Arriving tomorrow night! :D

PostPosted: Mon June 30th, 2014, 19:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

Welcome welcome ohno!

PostPosted: Mon June 30th, 2014, 19:57 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I'll be arriving tomorrow night too! (If my flight doesn't get cancelled again..)
Anyone up for a pre-show drink close to the venue?

Look for this guy..
I'll be wearing that shirt too 8)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon June 30th, 2014, 21:48 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
I'll be arriving tomorrow night too! (If my flight doesn't get cancelled again..)

Look for this guy..

I can't promise anything. I will be there with my wife and my mother and aunt. My aunt is the only one that doesn't come to the show. (Me and my mother share our 17 times seeing Dylan. My wife, will be her 5th). We'll see what will we doing before the show, but I'm sure that if my mother sees your shirt will enjoy. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue July 1st, 2014, 00:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

SirDogg wrote:

Look for this guy..

Trying to out-dress Bob?
Where's your Pallas Athena bust?

PostPosted: Tue July 1st, 2014, 12:20 GMT 

Ticket's for the show still available but only at the 02 Box Office from today.M

PostPosted: Tue July 1st, 2014, 13:04 GMT 

Thank you for the tips! I am staying in Old Town actually, and heading to Kafka museum and the Castle today. Haven't slept in over 24 hours but there's a big match tonight so I must keep on keepin on! So excited for tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Tue July 1st, 2014, 13:07 GMT 

Also, thank you for the transit information. I've already paid a taximan half of my CZK :/

PostPosted: Wed July 2nd, 2014, 03:48 GMT 

Enjoy the show, all!

PostPosted: Wed July 2nd, 2014, 07:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

Welcome CakeWalkingBaby & OhNotHimAgen!

Should be a great time in Prague!

PostPosted: Wed July 2nd, 2014, 07:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

Wed 2 Praha [Prague], Czech Republic

live setlist: SirDogg, Magnolia? - (Dogg tweeting from: https://twitter.com/ronneberget); (Magnolia tweeting from https://twitter.com/BDsetlist)?

attending: SirDogg, stewart69, Magnolia, Valdes, GuillemTM, jcastro & sons, Andrea Sarti, stevieblooz, mikey c, Dylaned, CakeWalkingBaby

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed July 2nd, 2014, 10:36 GMT 

Looking forward to tonight... meeting friends at the bar with no name around 6:00...close to the entrance to 02.....Tonight will be my 38th show 8) so.a short review of my first Bob show.....also it's my 26th anniversary of seeing Bob my first show was July 2nd 1988!!!! A hot day i was in the twilight of my teenage years 18....i had a lawn ticket but just sat in a seat last row.....as The Alarm played i would move closer to the front till i was in the 3rd row.....Bob came on and everyone stood up.....he was front and center playing his trusty Stratocaster.....towards the end on Maggie's Farm there was a stage rush which i joined in......a one point i was tapping bob's motorcycle boot in time to the song i looked up he looked down with a big smile on his face quite funny....then boom show over...i went and sat down as the traffic to leave would be quite busy so no rush to get to my car.....the crew were packing up i went back over to the stage and said excuse me mister...hey kid what do you want.....a setlist i said...sure,no problem very cool thank you i said.....as i was heading out i stopped by the t-shirt booth and noticed on the Interstate 88 t-shirt the tour dates next stop was Old ORCHARD beach,Maine.. so i duly went with friend's the next night and as they say i was hooked..... Have fun tonight.M

PostPosted: Wed July 2nd, 2014, 11:07 GMT 
Promethium Member

mikey c wrote:
...as i was heading out i stopped by the t-shirt booth and noticed on the Interstate 88 t-shirt the tour dates next stop was Old ORCHARD beach,Maine.. so i duly went with friend's the next night...

Trail of the Buffalo came out that night, I think.

PostPosted: Wed July 2nd, 2014, 12:28 GMT 

Also that night Frankie lee and Judas Priest 8)

PostPosted: Wed July 2nd, 2014, 13:33 GMT 
Titanium Member

mikey, happy times!