Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 12:59 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:15 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 16th, 2007, 17:14 GMT
Posts: 154
Location: Ireland
Really looking forward to the speech.

Do we know what Bruce played?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:17 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 7th, 2006, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 2923
an early press review, saying that Bob spoke for 30 minutes: http://www.tennessean.com/story/enterta ... /23030035/

the speed should be released on CD (making a great addition for the next album's deluxe edition)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:21 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43194
Location: Beneath the Southern X
^
DVD! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:24 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 9th, 2011, 09:17 GMT
Posts: 1371
Location: a thousand miles behind.
slewan wrote:
an early press review, saying that Bob spoke for 30 minutes: http://www.tennessean.com/story/enterta ... /23030035/

the speed should be released on CD (making a great addition for the next album's deluxe edition)



What? No! I don't wanna wait till the next album! Unless that means the next album comes out tomorrow. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:25 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun January 4th, 2009, 08:02 GMT
Posts: 16077
Location: South of the mountains of Madrid.
Johanna Parker wrote:
^
DVD! :mrgreen:

^ :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:28 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43194
Location: Beneath the Southern X
Nothing quite like the first Bob sighting of the year! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:35 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun January 4th, 2009, 08:02 GMT
Posts: 16077
Location: South of the mountains of Madrid.
Johanna Parker wrote:
Nothing quite like the first Bob sighting of the year! :lol:

:lol: 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:41 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon November 1st, 2010, 14:20 GMT
Posts: 3674
Location: Umeå
maninthelongblackcoat wrote:
Really looking forward to the speech.

Do we know what Bruce played?


Heaven's Door.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 11:54 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat November 21st, 2009, 02:34 GMT
Posts: 1905
Location: New Jersey
Did this air live last night? I MISSED IT???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:00 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43194
Location: Beneath the Southern X
DylanEgo wrote:
Did this air live last night? I MISSED IT???


No, it didn't.... hence the excitement about every tweet and other glimpse at proceedings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:18 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun January 4th, 2009, 08:02 GMT
Posts: 16077
Location: South of the mountains of Madrid.
any full video yet??!!!!!! :evil:

sigh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:19 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43194
Location: Beneath the Southern X
No 52VBL yet?? :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:25 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun January 4th, 2009, 08:02 GMT
Posts: 16077
Location: South of the mountains of Madrid.
Johanna Parker wrote:
No 52VBL yet?? :P

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:28 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed September 14th, 2011, 13:25 GMT
Posts: 12324
Location: Wherever I am welcome
Wow, so sorry I faded out last night. I definitely missed the party. Let's get that speech up already!! Go Bob!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:36 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed September 14th, 2011, 13:25 GMT
Posts: 12324
Location: Wherever I am welcome
Image

Image


Last edited by raging_glory on Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:38 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:37 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 16th, 2007, 17:14 GMT
Posts: 154
Location: Ireland
More details on the speech...

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/ ... ar-speech/

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/feb ... s-concert/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:40 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat November 21st, 2009, 02:34 GMT
Posts: 1905
Location: New Jersey
Johanna Parker wrote:
DylanEgo wrote:
Did this air live last night? I MISSED IT???


No, it didn't.... hence the excitement about every tweet and other glimpse at proceedings.


Ahhhh, so it will be on TV?? :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:43 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed September 14th, 2011, 13:25 GMT
Posts: 12324
Location: Wherever I am welcome
Image


Loads of pics at this link. http://newzcard.com/search/newzcards/Mu ... the%20Year


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:54 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed September 14th, 2011, 13:25 GMT
Posts: 12324
Location: Wherever I am welcome
Dylan covered other topics, including the twin foundation that blues and "hillbilly music" provided for rock 'n' roll, and a possible album he may record with the current edition of the Southern gospel music group, the Blackwood Brothers, before turning his attention back to his accursed critics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 12:57 GMT 

Joined: Wed May 18th, 2011, 19:28 GMT
Posts: 918
It's surprising how favourable most critics remain towards Dylan considering how much he seems to hate them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 13:01 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43194
Location: Beneath the Southern X
raging_glory wrote:


Oh Bob.... you been to the solarium or just eating lots of carrots?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 13:05 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon November 1st, 2010, 14:20 GMT
Posts: 3674
Location: Umeå
Johanna Parker wrote:
raging_glory wrote:


Oh Bob.... you been to the solarium or just eating lots of carrots?


Living in paradise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 13:11 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43194
Location: Beneath the Southern X
He'd only get sunburned...

I don't know half the red carpet people there. Olivia Harrison though... and Neil and Crosby. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 13:36 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue December 14th, 2010, 14:22 GMT
Posts: 43194
Location: Beneath the Southern X
Bob Dylan wrote:
“Oh, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Joan Baez. She was the queen of folk music then and now. She took a liking to my songs and brought me with her to play concerts where she had crowds of thousands of people enthralled with her beauty and voice. People say, ‘What are you doing with that ragtag, scrubby looking waif?’ And she’d tell the audience in no uncertain terms, ‘Now, you’d better be quiet and listen to your songs.’ We even played a few of them together.

“Joan Baez is a tough-minded as they come. … A free, independent spirit. Nobody can tell her what to do if she doesn’t want to do it. I learned a lot of things from her. A woman of devastating honesty. For her kind of love and devotion, I could never repay that back.”


http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/02/07/9-acts-bob-dylan-thanked-during-his-musicares-person-of-the-year-speech/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat February 7th, 2015, 14:11 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 9th, 2011, 09:17 GMT
Posts: 1371
Location: a thousand miles behind.
Johanna Parker wrote:
Bob Dylan wrote:
“Oh, I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention Joan Baez. She was the queen of folk music then and now. She took a liking to my songs and brought me with her to play concerts where she had crowds of thousands of people enthralled with her beauty and voice. People say, ‘What are you doing with that ragtag, scrubby looking waif?’ And she’d tell the audience in no uncertain terms, ‘Now, you’d better be quiet and listen to your songs.’ We even played a few of them together.

“Joan Baez is a tough-minded as they come. … A free, independent spirit. Nobody can tell her what to do if she doesn’t want to do it. I learned a lot of things from her. A woman of devastating honesty. For her kind of love and devotion, I could never repay that back.”


http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/02/07/9-acts-bob-dylan-thanked-during-his-musicares-person-of-the-year-speech/


I also like very much the part about Johnny Cash. I really can't wait for the transcription (or better a video) of the full speech. From what we've read so far it looks like something for the ages.

EDIT: I just noticed the "Bob Dylan wrote:" and I chuckled :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group