Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

The last time Dylan performed these songs live..
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80825
Page 3 of 4

Author:  lotanerve [ Sun November 30th, 2014, 01:31 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

I apologize if I have just missed it but is Twelve Gates to the City, performed in Toronto, July 15, 2013, in the list somewhere? I remember feeling kind of embarrassed at that show because Bob was clearly trying to get a good old-fashioned sing-along going but most folks didn't know the words! :)

Author:  chester drawers [ Thu January 1st, 2015, 02:11 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Was there for 32 of the lasts......

Author:  Anr Bjotk [ Sat May 9th, 2015, 05:53 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Would it be silly to have a list like "The last time Bob Dylan played with"?
Like, the last time Bob played with Paul Simon.
Like, the last time Bob played with Bono.
Like, the last time Bob played with Mike Bloomfield (obvious, but... maybe first and last time?)
Like, the last time Bob played with G.E. Smith.
etc.

Author:  SirDogg [ Sat May 9th, 2015, 05:55 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Anr Bjotk wrote:
Would it be silly to have a list like "The last time Bob Dylan played with"?
Like, the last time Bob played with Paul Simon.
Like, the last time Bob played with Bono.
Like, the last time Bob played with Mike Bloomfield (obvious, but... maybe first and last time?)
Like, the last time Bob played with G.E. Smith.
etc.


That would be a really long post. He's played with A LOT of artist! :wink:

Author:  Anr Bjotk [ Sat May 9th, 2015, 06:00 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

SirDogg wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:
Would it be silly to have a list like "The last time Bob Dylan played with"?
Like, the last time Bob played with Paul Simon.
Like, the last time Bob played with Bono.
Like, the last time Bob played with Mike Bloomfield (obvious, but... maybe first and last time?)
Like, the last time Bob played with G.E. Smith.
etc.


That would be a really long post. He's played with A LOT of artist! :wink:


Yeah, but he's also performed A LOT of songs!... And you did that like a champ ;)

Author:  Lou Reed [ Tue May 26th, 2015, 00:32 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Bob played "Blood in My Eyes" at the 11/17 Supper Club show as well (early show)

Author:  SirDogg [ Tue May 26th, 2015, 17:03 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Lou Reed wrote:
Bob played "Blood in My Eyes" at the 11/17 Supper Club show as well (early show)


Thanks!

Author:  notdarkyet [ Sat July 11th, 2015, 22:31 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT (2015)
That Lucky Old Sun - 7/11/2015 (San Sebastián, Spain)

http://www.notdarkyet.org/sun.html

Author:  bobfan [ Wed November 4th, 2015, 21:43 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

This is great. Shame Dylan dropped it from the set.

Author:  Robsboots [ Sat November 7th, 2015, 21:33 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

bobfan wrote:
This is great. Shame Dylan dropped it from the set.


I agree, by far best song of Shadows . . .

Author:  Trev [ Fri April 29th, 2016, 13:25 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

The least characteristic, and the best. Like Dark Eyes on Empire Burlesque.

Author:  my precious time [ Tue June 14th, 2016, 09:21 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Right now, eight songs have been performed for the last time at 7/16/2015 (Lörrach, Germany)... It was a great concert to see and looking back, I was really lucky to hear so many classic songs (many oft them for the first time for me).
Still, as a greedy European I'd like to see him play here again no matter which songs... it's been too long. 8)

Author:  meuse2208 [ Tue June 14th, 2016, 10:05 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

^So glad I was there ! A very,very good one!
This was his last show with "Dylan-Classics" in the setlist so far.

Author:  rolling_thunder [ Sat June 18th, 2016, 06:49 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

I find it pretty amazing and surprising that the one time I ever went to a Bob Dylan concert was the first time in many years he played the song Dignity, and he hasn't played it since. It's not exactly one of my favorite tracks of his, but it's cool to be a minor part of Dylan history like that.

Author:  dylanswife [ Thu August 11th, 2016, 16:48 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

I still question whether he wrote it and/or how much he wrote it... :mrgreen:



rolling_thunder wrote:
I find it pretty amazing and surprising that the one time I ever went to a Bob Dylan concert was the first time in many years he played the song Dignity, and he hasn't played it since. It's not exactly one of my favorite tracks of his, but it's cool to be a minor part of Dylan history like that.

Author:  juststepintothearena [ Mon October 17th, 2016, 13:32 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

a few of these are new now

Author:  Oakshallis [ Thu November 3rd, 2016, 18:25 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Not sure if this is on the list, but he playd Willin for a spat in 1990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4av6O7V7gk


:lol: SHOW ME A SIGN!!! :lol:

Author:  SirDogg [ Fri November 11th, 2016, 07:40 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Oakshallis wrote:
Not sure if this is on the list, but he playd Willin for a spat in 1990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4av6O7V7gk


:lol: SHOW ME A SIGN!!! :lol:


Just added, last played September 23, 1995.

Author:  Oakshallis [ Mon December 12th, 2016, 23:54 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

hah thanks

Author:  Jim B. [ Sat March 25th, 2017, 14:28 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Maybe I missed it, I didn't see Hiding Too Long, performed at the New York City Town Hall, 4/12/63.
Also maybe that's not the correct title?

Author:  OHNOTHIMAGEN [ Mon April 3rd, 2017, 19:26 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

I would appreciate Bob singing Soon and This Evening So Soon on this tour...

Author:  tom thumb [ Thu April 6th, 2017, 00:50 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Thank you SirDogg so much for this (and others who have contributed)... I did a backflip when I saw that "Standing In The Doorway" had been performed on April 1, for the first time in 12 years. Sure hope a recording of that one emerges. :)

Author:  Anr Bjotk [ Thu April 6th, 2017, 07:05 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

When's the last time Stu Kimball did the legendary spoken intro?

Author:  Archie Pushka [ Wed April 12th, 2017, 17:27 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Thanks for this great list, what a resource!

I was wondering what chance I had of hearing ____ when I see Dylan for the first time on the 21st. The answer, for most, is very little! Still I'm thrilled to hear him do his current thing, though a surprise would be fun.

Author:  restless fever [ Wed April 19th, 2017, 13:44 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: The last time Dylan performed these songs live..

Bob should dust off Gates Of Eden.

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/