Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 21st, 2017, 21:26 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Symbol on Bob´s jacket
PostPosted: Thu October 22nd, 2015, 17:35 GMT 

I just saw the video of Bob playing Love Sick in Paris.

I wonder what that symbol on both sides of Bob´s jacket means. The cross with the two crossed swords in the different direction.

Maybe another masonic/ illuminati one. I really don´t hope so.

PostPosted: Fri October 23rd, 2015, 10:36 GMT 

The crossed swords have appeared in different variations on several Dylan outfits lately. On the recent suit the swords seem to be protecting the cross - or perhaps they are protected by the cross. I wonder if he's trying to present himself as a crusader - a soldier in the army of the Lord (as the old gospel song goes). Just think of recent lyrics like "I've sworn to uphold the laws of God", "Our nation must be saved and freed" or "This is hard country to stay alive in/ Blades are everywhere and they're breakin' my skin/ I'm armed to the hilt and I'm struggling hard/ You won't get out of here unscarred"...

PostPosted: Fri October 23rd, 2015, 10:43 GMT 

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85629&p=1622952#p1622952

PostPosted: Fri October 23rd, 2015, 14:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

I clicked on one thread then it lead me to another...I clicked on it...lead me to another...I am not clicking on the other one

PostPosted: Fri October 23rd, 2015, 15:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

mark my words, drink in the glory, these suits are iconic, they are TRANSCENDENT.

three rosettes, rosy cross, so gorgeous. Master works.

the suits are meant to open the third eye, trust and plough forward
and as i gather Bob would want to say, i mean his whole body of work says it, practice discernment

perhaps as an example of the way of seeing clearly, here is an example. lately i've been reading Mark Stavish, sprung from the Braucherei folk religion of the Pennsylvania Dutch, an expansive teacher of many traditions himself, and here he quotes Mr. Peter Roche de Coppens.

"In his work, "The Nature and Use of Ritual", Roche de Coppens quotes a masonic-rosicrucian document in which 'Bishop Theodotus' states: "When we say 'In the Name of the Father' and place our fingers on the forehead, we actually point to an important organ in our spiritual body just below the space where God dwells in us 'on high'. The vibrations set up in motion by our loving thought about our heavenly Father activates the Divine Essence of the 'Crown' which pours into our Heart center as a veritable though unseen Glory (Shaft of White Light). This activation of the 'Crown' itself is described by St. Peter: 'Ye shall receive a Crown of Glory'. When we say; 'And of the Son' and place our fingers on our heart, we again actually point to a space in our spiritual body where the Divine Light, in the words of the Prophet Isaiah poured upon us from 'on high', is activating another spiritual organ suffusing us with the Divine Love of the Son. And when we say: 'And of the Holy Spirit', touching our right and left breast respectively, we activate these spiritual sensoria within us which manifest as the creative and vitalizing power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Finally, when we say: "Amen' and join our hands together, mentally affirming the presence of the Triune God within us, we actually close the spiritual currents within the periphery of our spiritual body in order to maintain this awakening to spiritual awareness as long as possible."

By bearing the cross of incarnation, like the Cosmic Christ before us, we can know the light of our Inner spiritual cross of Illumination, Resurrection, and Salvation. Just as Constantine went 'by way of the cross' so can we know the esoteric meaning of 'via crucis' in our daily lives. By acknowledging, accepting, invoking, and applying Cosmic Wisdom, Universal Love, and connecting the two through the power of the Holy Creative Spirit, we can personally know the Christ Within. When this happens, we partake of the true spiritual communion, or Holy Mass, in which all are joined in the 'Corpus Mystica Christi' or Mystical Body of Christ."

http://www.alchemylab.com/AJ2-2.htm

Quote:
Peter Roche de Coppens has dedicated the last 50 years of his life and all of his inner and outer resources to the study of spirituality and the awakening of spiritual consciousness. This he applied to sociology, psychology, psychotherapy, healthcare and education. It was Prayer which he learned from Saints and Sages as well as his own research that helped him heal from a severe motorcycle accident in his early twenties.

This led him to study different medical approaches and paradigms and systematically introduce the spiritual dimension and consciousness to bring about a new and more global healthcare approach. With graduate degrees in sociology, anthropology, and psychotherapy, Dr. Roche de Coppens has taught for 35 years at East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania where he is still active as a Professor Emeritus. He also taught at other universities, including the Sorbonne (Paris) and McGill (Montreal).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rrqBsG1yXs

PostPosted: Fri October 23rd, 2015, 15:56 GMT 

The outfits are oversized and lousy, but the singing is great, so...swings and roundabouts

PostPosted: Fri October 23rd, 2015, 18:17 GMT 

The suits have been transfigurated I suppose.

PostPosted: Sat October 24th, 2015, 07:28 GMT 

I'd like to have a beer with you, bobschool

PostPosted: Sat October 24th, 2015, 11:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

thanks mystic :)

PostPosted: Sat October 24th, 2015, 14:07 GMT 
Mercury Member

I did wonder if it might be a symbol related to his induction into the 'Hommes de Lettres' etc, an honour he seemed pleased with - but I can find no illustration close to this, so perhaps I'm on the wrong track...

PostPosted: Mon October 26th, 2015, 14:12 GMT 

Anybody got a clear photo of the jacket(s) with the sabers and the cross?

PostPosted: Mon October 26th, 2015, 15:13 GMT 
Titanium Member

i'd like to snack on Peyote with you, Bobschool

PostPosted: Mon October 26th, 2015, 15:47 GMT 

Guthrie wrote:
I just saw the video of Bob playing Love Sick in Paris.

I wonder what that symbol on both sides of Bob´s jacket means. The cross with the two crossed swords in the different direction.

Maybe another masonic/ illuminati one. I really don´t hope so.

The symbols do not have anything to do with Freemasonry.

On the available photos it looks to me that the symbol above the heart on the suit worn on October 19th consists of elements that have a long tradition in heraldry:
a) a large silver Latin cross = symbol of Jesus' crucifixion
b) in front of the cross two crossed sabers with the cutting edges up = similar to US cavalry insignia = symbol of vigilance
c) two rays of golden light emanating from where the bars of the cross meet = symbol of glory and enlightenment
d) two rays of golden light emanating from where the sabers meet the cross = symbol of glory and enlightenment
d) below the cross and the sabers three roses (one red, two blue) = meaning "I love you"
e) red rose = symbol of love and symbol of the blood of Christ
f) blue rose = symbol of mystery and the unattainable, of Royalty and the extraordinary

It seems that on the sleeve of the jacket there is another Latin cross with a red ruby where the bars of the cross meet. The red ruby being the rarest and most precious gemstone, the "king of the gems", symbolizing great value and a prized treasure.