Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 21st, 2017, 03:10 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed October 9th, 2013, 16:40 GMT 

How exciting! Have a great time - it seems an awful long time till Glasgow and London. Please tell Bob not to wear himself out and to wear tighter suits if he loses weight during the tour!

PostPosted: Wed October 9th, 2013, 17:26 GMT 
Promethium Member

onemorecup wrote:
Please tell Bob not to wear himself out and to wear tighter suits if he loses weight during the tour!

:lol:
We'll see to that.

PostPosted: Thu October 10th, 2013, 07:54 GMT 

Lady Byron wrote:
A bit of an update: Cipher Pipe and I have arrived in Oslo, and are looking forward to meeting all the lovely Norwegian fans who are kindly sharing their experiences with us (and in some cases even making us dinner! I am so glad be a Bob fan :D ). I'll be replying to everyone's emails over the next days, apologies if I've been a little slow recently!

We can see that we don't have many people to meet in Copenhagen and Hamburg, so if anyone is around on those shows do get in touch :)

And - ohmygoodnessme - so excited to be seeing the Man himself in tomorrow's show - my first time seeing the start of a tour...

And today is the day! Good luck to you one and all and I hope whoever arranged/cooked the dinner has an especially good experience at the show tonight.

PostPosted: Thu October 10th, 2013, 23:03 GMT 

homerthes wrote:
Lady Byron wrote:
A bit of an update: Cipher Pipe and I have arrived in Oslo, and are looking forward to meeting all the lovely Norwegian fans who are kindly sharing their experiences with us (and in some cases even making us dinner! I am so glad be a Bob fan :D ). I'll be replying to everyone's emails over the next days, apologies if I've been a little slow recently!

We can see that we don't have many people to meet in Copenhagen and Hamburg, so if anyone is around on those shows do get in touch :)

And - ohmygoodnessme - so excited to be seeing the Man himself in tomorrow's show - my first time seeing the start of a tour...

And today is the day! Good luck to you one and all and I hope whoever arranged/cooked the dinner has an especially good experience at the show tonight.

Thank you! I do indeed hope so too :wink: Mr sunset is a very lucky man indeed to be able to have that kind of dinner cooked all the time :D
And I know everyone's already talking about it on the Oslo thread but wow - absolutely BEAUTIFUL show tonight.. And so many Tempest songs! Bob's voice is rich, deep and warm, which made songs like Long and Wasted Heart, Scarlet Town and Simple Twist all the more special. I wasn't expecting such a moving show for the start of a tour - REALLY excited about what more is to come now! It was majestic.

Roll on Stockholm!

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 01:16 GMT 

8) Long and Wasted Years 8)

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 06:08 GMT 
Titanium Member

^ are you suggesting a new title for the documentary? :wink: :lol:

i am very excited for the project. i wish i could participate. I could write a lengthy exposition about what it's like to be on the other side of a bob tour. of the atlantic. it would be a dramatic read on a tragic sequence of events. perhaps i could perform it in the style of "last thoughts on Woodie Guthrie."

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 08:23 GMT 

forbidden~fruit wrote:

Hehe, I don't function on 4 hours sleep as well as I thought. Gotta start wearing dark glasses to cover my eyes...

Mr Llama, are we talking Oedpidus, Lear or Buster Keaton levels of tragedy? :D (ps who knows, maybe I'll make US trip in in 2014 8) )

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 09:23 GMT 

Yes you have chosen an interesting super star as your subject. :D

PostPosted: Tue October 15th, 2013, 11:50 GMT 

Well, WHAT a trip it's been so far!!! I feel so ridiculously lucky to be seeing these first few shows...The Sunday performance was magnificent, and as I said in another thread, he kept making me cry throughout the show, even through the well worn Tangled and Simple Twist. He seems to be telling an epic narrative through each consecutive song, all leading up to the grand finale of Long and Wasted Years. THIS - is what it's all about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bjClg7GX4&feature=youtu.be

I also feel very privileged to be hearing all the wonderful memories and stories from all the Bob fans I'm meeting. I'm so pleased that so many people are responding so well to our project, it seems that everyone really understands the idea behind it - of capturing the memories and stories of this wide and diverse community and people's relationship with the music over the years...going deeper than a superficial "we wuv Bob" collection. But to make it come alive we need you, so do keep emailing me, or say hi if you see me around :) I'm also on Facebook, feel free to add me and get in touch on there (and see what I look like so you can recognise me!)

I'm currently in Copenhagen with our replacement Cipher Pipe (who has had to go back to the UK for a few days to do something called "work"). Our new Cipher Pipe, who will be helping us out with carrying our bloomin' heavy film equipment and working the camera until the Paris shows, is a lovely lady called Tatiana, who we both went to university with. Needless to say, she is also a big Bob fan!

We'll both be at the Bartof cafe later this afternoon - see some of you there!

PostPosted: Tue October 15th, 2013, 13:16 GMT 
Titanium Member

Lady Byron wrote:
forbidden~fruit wrote:

Hehe, I don't function on 4 hours sleep as well as I thought. Gotta start wearing dark glasses to cover my eyes...

Mr Llama, are we talking Oedpidus, Lear or Buster Keaton levels of tragedy? :D (ps who knows, maybe I'll make US trip in in 2014 8) )

:lol:

who knows, maybe a mix of all three - you'll just have to wait and see!
have fun in Copenhagen! shouldn't be too hard. Let us know if you bump into Bob in Tivoli!

PostPosted: Tue October 15th, 2013, 19:53 GMT 

forbidden~fruit wrote:
I'm currently in Copenhagen with our replacement Cipher Pipe (who has had to go back to the UK for a few days to do something called "work").

I miss Bob and Bob people... :(

Have had 'Long and Wasted Years' stuck in my head on loop since Sunday. Enjoy the shows, Lady B, and you too, 'replacement Cipher Pipe'. Worry not, your equipment mule will be with you on Monday, once the doctors reassemble my spine.

PostPosted: Tue October 15th, 2013, 19:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

I shall look out for the pair with the big camera at Glasgow. I'm pretty sure the camera loves me and I love it back! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue October 15th, 2013, 20:24 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
I shall look out for the pair with the big camera at Glasgow. I'm pretty sure the camera loves me and I love it back! :mrgreen:

Excellent! It would be a pleasure to have you on board, Mr G.

Indeed - we're not very difficult to spot. By Glasgow, I'll be the one with the shoulders of Hercules (or a small army of chiropractors) and Lady B will still be the cheerful one with a small backpack. :wink:

But we should coordinate closer to the shows, so that we can pick a nice spot where your and the camera's mutual affection can be properly consummated (all right... I probably should steer clear of metaphors tonight).

PostPosted: Thu October 17th, 2013, 11:55 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I looked for you guys in Oslo and Stockholm but didn't see you.
Hope to meet you in Berlin!

PostPosted: Thu October 17th, 2013, 12:16 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
I looked for you guys in Oslo and Stockholm but didn't see you.
Hope to meet you in Berlin!

Ah, we didn't film much outside of the venue in Oslo as the light was pretty poor. But yes - Berlin is GA, so we'll be around all day outside the hall. See you there! 8)

PostPosted: Wed October 23rd, 2013, 05:56 GMT 

So great to meet you yesterday in Duesseldorf finally :D I´m on my way to Berlin now, see you tonight!!! Hope my voice is back by then :lol:

PostPosted: Sun October 27th, 2013, 18:37 GMT 
Senior Moderator

You guys are so great! Really nice to meet you, and I'll see you in Rome?! :wink:
Can't wait to see the documentary :)

PostPosted: Sun October 27th, 2013, 19:07 GMT 

@LadyByron

I have found the film "How many roads" by Jos de Putter. It seems you can simply order the DVD. Hope this helps.

http://www.zeppers.nl/en/film/how-many-roads

PostPosted: Tue October 29th, 2013, 12:58 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
You guys are so great! Really nice to meet you, and I'll see you in Rome?! :wink:
Can't wait to see the documentary :)

Indeed, Mr Dogg, it was a blast! Miss the 'Dump' already... :wink:

Yes - definitely see you in Rome. We'll be the ones looking like the people we looked like in Berlin.

ginger_1964 wrote:
@LadyByron

I have found the film "How many roads" by Jos de Putter. It seems you can simply order the DVD. Hope this helps.

Thanks ginger! I tried to order from there, but they only apparently ship to the Netherlands. :?

It's a weird one - the trailer looks interesting, but the reviews aren't too great, so it would be intriguing to see why that is.

PostPosted: Tue October 29th, 2013, 13:04 GMT 

Cipher_Pipe wrote:

ginger_1964 wrote:
@LadyByron

Thanks ginger! I tried to order from there, but they only apparently ship to the Netherlands. :?

It's a weird one - the trailer looks interesting, but the reviews aren't too great, so it would be intriguing to see why that is.

:idea: May be you can contact the production company and get it directly from them when you are at Amsterdam for the shows ?

PostPosted: Fri November 1st, 2013, 17:57 GMT 

Trev wrote:
Are you going to insist on full-frontal nudity? If you're not, then count me out!
Good luck to both of you with this. I think your timing is great, and I'm sure you'll do the project justice.

Yup, I agree, seems a great idea. As soon as I read about this I was thinking I really want to see it. Should be very interesting.

As for participating, I'm not too sure I that am well suited for such things, I tend to freeze in the moment and mumble when in front of a camera.

PostPosted: Sun November 3rd, 2013, 00:40 GMT 

ginger_1964 wrote:
:idea: May be you can contact the production company and get it directly from them when you are at Amsterdam for the shows ?

Conundrum solved, courtesy of human kindness! 8)

Have a copy in my bag, which I'm looking forward to watching.

nightly moth wrote:
Trev wrote:
Are you going to insist on full-frontal nudity? If you're not, then count me out!
Good luck to both of you with this. I think your timing is great, and I'm sure you'll do the project justice.

Yup, I agree, seems a great idea. As soon as I read about this I was thinking I really want to see it. Should be very interesting.

As for participating, I'm not too sure I that am well suited for such things, I tend to freeze in the moment and mumble when in front of a camera.

Mr Moth! It would be delightful to chat to you, but I do understand the trepidation (nevertheless, any mumbling or uncertainty can be edited out, so there's no need to worry about saying something imperfectly). If you're up for it, we can give it a go in Rome and see what happens. At any rate, it would be good to catch up anyway...

PostPosted: Mon November 11th, 2013, 01:09 GMT 

If you're going to Paris November 13th, I'll be here and I'll be happy to contribute to your docu!
Send me a private message if you want to know where to find me next wednesday!

PostPosted: Tue November 19th, 2013, 14:55 GMT 

if you guys are in blackpool this weekend ill keep my eyes peeled for you.

PostPosted: Tue November 19th, 2013, 15:33 GMT 

Jazznroll wrote:
if you guys are in blackpool this weekend ill keep my eyes peeled for you.

We'll be there! Try to find us on the first night as the days tend to get pretty busy and we'd love to chat to you :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next