Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed October 18th, 2017, 09:24 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 00:28 GMT 
Promethium Member

ERK- continues to develop..a bitch or a hag...my bell still rings...strip you of breath...break it wide open...riff it up...ths one is gonna be KILLER by the end of the year...shake em on down...oh ya!

Simple Twist - I've been a little bored with this one, sorry...I'd shelve this too, if it were me...don't get me wrong, great song...just getting a little played out...nicely done though, nice...he didn't see nothin but the Dawn...what it say?...beautiful delivery tonight...

Summer Days - oh God...don't get me wrong, it's a good song...tiring though...either tear it to pieces again or shelve it...there are SO MANY MORE SONGS BOB! Apologies, up to my 4th Double Bag and my cigar went out...you got somethin' to say, speak up or hold your peace...where the hell is Larry when you need him? George doesn't care, that guy can hold the fort down with Tony while sleeping...cruising down the highway on auto pilot...dark cloud lifts...what is the attachment, Bob?

Forgetful. Heart - fantastic! This one has really developed since it's inception. For Boston Garden 2012 it stole the show. Yeah, take your time, blow that harp gently...must relax and enjoy...why can't we love like we did before?

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 00:38 GMT 

Also worth mentioning (maybe) is that if LARS doesn't show up in the Fall here it will be the first year since 1985 without it.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 00:40 GMT 

And thanks for the write up Barefoot..doesn't sound like a bad idea at all!

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 00:50 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Forgetful Heart is always stunning. I remember hearing it live for the first time a few years ago. It stopped me dead in my tracks. Boston - Wang Theatre. You could hear a pin drop when he performed it that night.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 00:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

If indeed there ever was a door!

I never got Spirit, a Bob anomaly in my book. This and Floater are like eating bottles of quaaludes.
Piss break...you think I'm over the hill? No way! You think past my prime? Never ends!

Scarlet Town - gold is down...another slow one...a good slow one...Again, Donnie holds it down and augments it perfectly...with his new haircut...I want to be in Europe...heading in the opposite direction though...

Soon - good as usual

LONG AND WASTED YEARS DEBUT! Don't you know the sun can burn your brains right out?

Excellent show!, more, more!

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 00:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
Forgetful Heart is always stunning. I remember hearing it live for the first time a few years ago. It stopped me dead in my tracks. Boston - Wang Theatre. You could hear a pin drop when he performed it that night.

I was there too, Beans...yes...Wanged out for 3 nights with Charlie back, unleashed... Better than that debut in the Great Lakes, which I attended in a town that claims to be the beer capital, but you can't easily find a good beer, hey, regardless, it was good at the time, but turned out to be one of the lamer Forgetful Hearts, in retrospect, the Milwaukee one, that is. Yes, Wang was a homerun!

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 01:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

muleskinner_blues wrote:
Also worth mentioning (maybe) is that if LARS doesn't show up in the Fall here it will be the first year since 1985 without it.

I'm all for a LARS-free decade. Good with that one. Put it in the overplayed goodies pile with Stairway, Freebird, Won't Get Fooled Again, Layla, Smoke On The Water, Comfortably Numb, Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida, etc.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 01:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bobby wrote:
Mising last two songs. (better than nothing) Better recording is done, but this is what i got right now.)

https://soundcloud.com/b-a-z/oslo-norwa ... er-11-2013

Thanks Bobby! Made my night! Don't need the last two songs...all good!
Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 02:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
muleskinner_blues wrote:

I'm all for a LARS-free decade. Good with that one. Put it in the overplayed goodies pile with Stairway, Freebird, Won't Get Fooled Again, Layla, Smoke On The Water, Comfortably Numb, Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida, etc.

BF have you hit the vodka Purity bottles already ?? that's crazy talk.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 02:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

Brian Hamilton-Smith wrote:
Anyone have Intermission as their wild card at the pool?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 05:28 GMT 

Good God...Dylan sounds incredible on that Sound Cloud recording. The band is on fire.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 06:17 GMT 

Bobby wrote:
Mising last two songs. (better than nothing) Better recording is done, but this is what i got right now.)

https://soundcloud.com/b-a-z/oslo-norwa ... er-11-2013

Thank you! Awesome.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 06:30 GMT 

Many thanks for the soundcloud link! Less barking that is a good thing.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 07:36 GMT 

Concert sounds fantastic! Charlie's all over the show. :D

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 08:19 GMT 
Promethium Member

Yes, that sounds good - thanks!

"Don't go away, we're coming right back, okay?"

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 08:58 GMT 

Thanks for the soundcloud, roll on RAH

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 09:25 GMT 

Thanks for the Soundcloud link, sounds great. 1st time Charlie has played Pay in Blood live? Love his licks on it. In fact, I'm hearing a lot more from him generally- very encouraging. And Donnie has morphed into Scarlet Rivera on It's Alright Ma!

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 09:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

Donnie owns the place without anyone even suspecting.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 13:29 GMT 
Mercury Member

Many thanks for the Soundcloud.. Listening now and very much enjoying what I hear!

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 13:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

Forgetful heart has been excellent every time but this delivery has pushed it to a new stretched out level. first it seemed the character forgot something important, now it seems he/she forgot everything important.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 13:49 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Donnie owns the place without anyone even suspecting.

Sounds great with Donnie turned up.

PostPosted: Sat October 12th, 2013, 16:38 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
ERK- continues to develop..a bitch or a hag...my bell still rings...strip you of breath...break it wide open...riff it up...ths one is gonna be KILLER by the end of the year...shake em on down...oh ya!

Simple Twist - I've been a little bored with this one, sorry...I'd shelve this too, if it were me...don't get me wrong, great song...just getting a little played out...nicely done though, nice...he didn't see nothin but the Dawn...what it say?...beautiful delivery tonight...

Summer Days - oh God...don't get me wrong, it's a good song...tiring though...either tear it to pieces again or shelve it...there are SO MANY MORE SONGS BOB! Apologies, up to my 4th Double Bag and my cigar went out...you got somethin' to say, speak up or hold your peace...where the hell is Larry when you need him? George doesn't care, that guy can hold the fort down with Tony while sleeping...cruising down the highway on auto pilot...dark cloud lifts...what is the attachment, Bob?

Forgetful. Heart - fantastic! This one has really developed since it's inception. For Boston Garden 2012 it stole the show. Yeah, take your time, blow that harp gently...must relax and enjoy...why can't we love like we did before?

I gotta agree with you on summer days. Yawn city. Same goes for Watchtower. Sooo many songs to choose from..but maybe he feels that the people love to hear Watchtower. Especially the fans that know his "hits".

PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 08:46 GMT 

Loving that bluegrass version of It's All Right, Ma!

PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 08:51 GMT 

A Merry Llama wrote:
Forgetful heart has been excellent every time but this delivery has pushed it to a new stretched out level. first it seemed the character forgot something important, now it seems he/she forgot everything important.

Llama changed into blue :D

PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 11:12 GMT 
Mercury Member

Llama, that is such a great avatar :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next