Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 21st, 2017, 21:26 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 15:01 GMT 

MrJudasPriest wrote:
Thanks for the Soundcloud link, sounds great. 1st time Charlie has played Pay in Blood live? Love his licks on it. In fact, I'm hearing a lot more from him generally- very encouraging. And Donnie has morphed into Scarlet Rivera on It's Alright Ma!

Charlie played on "Pay In Blood" for it's live debut in Detroit fall 2012. But wow, such a great arrangement to this song. It's "I Paid In Blood, and Heard It Through The Grapevine".

Much better than album version IMO.

PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 17:43 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bobby_D wrote:
MrJudasPriest wrote:
Thanks for the Soundcloud link, sounds great. 1st time Charlie has played Pay in Blood live? Love his licks on it. In fact, I'm hearing a lot more from him generally- very encouraging. And Donnie has morphed into Scarlet Rivera on It's Alright Ma!

Charlie played on "Pay In Blood" for it's live debut in Detroit fall 2012. But wow, such a great arrangement to this song. It's "I Paid In Blood, and Heard It Through The Grapevine".

Much better than album version IMO.

Good call on Detroit.

PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 17:57 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Just finished listening to soundcloud show- thanks so much bobby. Loved hearing Bob talk- cute his "now don't go away". Loved arrangements and clear vocals. Oh yeah I got a kick out if hearing bob chuckle between songs, too.

And as always, thank you very much footy for all you do to make the live setlist the place to be - if you don't have a show ticket.

Everybody who contributes to adding information and fun and laughs to the great time in our virtual venue, much appreciated!

PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 19:19 GMT 

Wow, She Belongs to Me just keeps getting better with every listen. So glad I got to witness this a couple times this summer.

PostPosted: Sun October 13th, 2013, 21:38 GMT 
Mercury Member

superhuman crew wrote:
Wow, She Belongs to Me just keeps getting better with every listen. So glad I got to witness this a couple times this summer.

Yes! It was such a highlight and sounds wonderful on this recording!

I love charlie. That little lick he plays after bow down to her on Sunday is great.

PostPosted: Tue April 4th, 2017, 00:59 GMT 
Promethium Member

We didn't know those were the days.
Maybe we did!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30