Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 20th, 2017, 23:22 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 00:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

proof that time is a circle without end

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 00:16 GMT 

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Vee

Quote:
In a concert at Midway Stadium in St. Paul on July 10, 2013, Bob Dylan said he had been on the stage with many stars including Mick Jagger and Madonna, but that none of them were as (great) to be on stage with as Bobby Vee. He said Bobby Vee was in the audience and then Dylan then played Bobby Vee's hit "Suzie Baby" with emotion. (Witnessed by Greg Miller, New Hope MN).

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 00:25 GMT 

Is that man in the picture I posted Bobby Vee?

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 00:26 GMT 
Mercury Member

Don't Think Twice wrote:
From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Vee

Quote:
In a concert at Midway Stadium in St. Paul on July 10, 2013, Bob Dylan said he had been on the stage with many stars including Mick Jagger and Madonna, but that none of them were as (great) to be on stage with as Bobby Vee. He said Bobby Vee was in the audience and then Dylan then played Bobby Vee's hit "Suzie Baby" with emotion. (Witnessed by Greg Miller, New Hope MN).

:D :D thanks for posting that! I wouldn't have thought to check.

jive wrote:
Is that man in the picture I posted Bobby Vee?

Yes!

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 00:30 GMT 
Mercury Member

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9R1hkV9d5oE/S ... ton+lg.jpg

from dag on facebook 8)

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 00:32 GMT 

I had to check, and I asked the girl and she said it was. So that's her great uncle. That's neat..

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 01:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

Very cool.

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 04:53 GMT 

jive wrote:
Has anyone seen this? Who's That man?
http://instagram.com/p/bpDqhZxfsz/

awesome picture! nice to see the two bobbys together

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 04:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

bobschool wrote:

Time is an ocean but it ends at the shore.

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 06:04 GMT 
Titanium Member

Tedham wrote:
bobschool wrote:

Time is an ocean but it ends at the shore.

We died and were reborn
And then mysteriously saved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9O2-1T1vig

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 06:37 GMT 

Full audio of this show is now available here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=76369

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 12:04 GMT 

raging_glory wrote:
Merlin wrote:
And who said he lost his voice?

Exactly. He sings how he wants when he wants. Yay Bob.

A bit late, but I have just downloaded the recording and it's one of the best I have heard recently. I am with raging glory. Somehow, he seems to treat other people's songs with a lot of respect. That's a very sweet and focused performance.

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 16:13 GMT 
Titanium Member

king of beers, you win "outstanding achievement in bob's field of best recording" for diligence and execution in primeval elements

perfect show

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 16:31 GMT 

Full transcribed text of Bobby Vee rap...

“Thank you, friends. I lived here a while back and since that time I’ve played all over the world with all kinds of people, everybody from Mick Jagger to Madonna and everybody in there in between. I’ve been on the stage with most of those people, but the most meaningful person I’ve ever been on the stage with was a man whose here tonight who used to sing a song called Suzie Baby. I wanted to say Bobby Vee is actually here tonight and maybe you could show your appreciation with just a round of applause. So were gonna try to do this song… I’ve done it with him before once or twice…”

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 22:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

Thank you Beers. I look forward to hearing this one. Been stuck in Tuscaloosa all day.

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 22:38 GMT 

Looks like the Instagram photo was deleted? Any reason why, also anyone have it? Very sweet, I thought.

PostPosted: Fri July 12th, 2013, 23:41 GMT 

muleskinner_blues wrote:
Looks like the Instagram photo was deleted? Any reason why, also anyone have it? Very sweet, I thought.

I'm assuming its the one with the audio here: http://www.minnpost.com/minnclips/2013/07/audio-bob-dylan-performing-bobby-vees-suzie-baby-midway-stadium

It is pretty sweet. :)

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 01:11 GMT 

After listening to the recording, I have to say the show is just as good as I initially thought it was. His voice is never going to magically be like what it used to be, but considering what's left in the tank this St. Paul show is about as good as it gets nowadays. On Soon after Midnight and Duquesne Whistle he actually improves upon the studio performance, Hard Rain and the center stage songs are all sung with a lot of enthusiasm and fire, Suzie baby is his most delicate effort in a long time. Very nice. Thanks to the taper!

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 01:31 GMT 
Titanium Member

:shock:

maybe the bloggers are musicologically challanged or deaf but i cant detect any of that bad gravelly singing.

and if duke didnt play much the new charlie plays way less. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 01:34 GMT 

Also, perfect timing on the train whistles. If the train had come by one minute earlier it would have interrupted Suzie Baby, one of the most heartfelt moments Bob has had on stage in ages. Instead, it came in right at the beginning of Watchtower where the sound of a train passing by actually adds a little something.

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 01:42 GMT 

His voice on some of these songs sounds really good. I was very surprised to hear his speaking voice when he talks about Bobby V. His normal speaking voice sounds the same as it did in 1978. And his singing sounds really good when he doesn't try to sing loud. I'm now really looking forward to seeing one of these shows.

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 02:39 GMT 

I know there's already a good version of it out there, but I was playing around with my video tonight and quick-synced (not quite perfect, but close enough for the samples) the Hurricane62 audio to the HD video for "Suzie Baby" and upped it to YouTube. The video quality is a pretty good representation of the quality of the full show video with probably less close-up shooting during this track because my sight lines opened up. Generally I had to duck and weave around the taller heads in front of me so ended up with more close-ups than full-stage shots. Will continue working on the full video and hopefully get it produced this weekend in both standard DVD and BluRay. Meanwhile, if there are any other tracks that you'd like to see a quick YouTube upload, let me know and I'll see if I can get it upped so you don't have to wait for the full project to be completed.

http://youtu.be/GQKKhDxN0LY

KoB (a.k.a. Hurricane62)

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 02:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

King of Beers wrote:
I know there's already a good version of it out there, but I was playing around with my video tonight and quick-synced (not quite perfect, but close enough for the samples) the Hurricane62 audio to the HD video for "Suzie Baby" and upped it to YouTube. The video quality is a pretty good representation of the quality of the full show video with probably less close-up shooting during this track because my sight lines opened up. Generally I had to duck and weave around the taller heads in front of me so ended up with more close-ups than full-stage shots. Will continue working on the full video and hopefully get it produced this weekend in both standard DVD and BluRay. Meanwhile, if there are any other tracks that you'd like to see a quick YouTube upload, let me know and I'll see if I can get it upped so you don't have to wait for the full project to be completed.

http://youtu.be/GQKKhDxN0LY

KoB (a.k.a. Hurricane62)

Thanks so much for sharing this KoB!

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 03:02 GMT 

Well fucking done, brother.

PostPosted: Sat July 13th, 2013, 03:11 GMT 

Bravo. So glad I'll be able to relive that one. Other highlights worthy of video would be Hard Rain, Simple Twist, Soon after Midnight, Love Sick, She Belongs to Me and Duquesne Whistle, in my opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next